I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Out for 18 holes before work this morning, and what a beautiful day it is too.

Pleasantly surprised to find us back upto a full course following the winter, so was good to see where the game actually is. Solidly round in 79, 1 silly double on a par 3 but the rest a mix of pars and bogeys. A few putts didn’t drop, but I was rushing a little bit to get round before work so happy overall.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Out for 18 holes before work this morning, and what a beautiful day it is too.

Pleasantly surprised to find us back upto a full course following the winter, so was good to see where the game actually is. Solidly round in 79, 1 silly double on a par 3 but the rest a mix of pars and bogeys. A few putts didn’t drop, but I was rushing a little bit to get round before work so happy overall.

Well played. I don't think I would be able to bear the thought of going to work after a round of golf on a beautiful day like today. Luckily I'm retired so don't have that issue!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Another day, another round....
+8 with 2 birdies and 2 doubles - annoyingly on 2 par 5s that I normally par...
Glorious day..
Rinse, repeat except I didn't have any birdies but 2 more pars....
No score on 1 and 9 and still shot 79....
It's getting a bit Groundhog dayish......?

D

Deleted member 21258

Played 36, hacked most of them. Out first, had the course to ourselves. And similar in the afternoon. Course in great condition, fast and firm. Hot for up north!

Handicap going to the sky, upto 10.8.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Another 82 for 35 points, 1 blob. Fairway and greens stats were abysmal. Forgot how to golf on the 3rd and 4th and blobbed it in spectacular style, don’t think I put a foot on the fairway…. Iron distances all over the place, I was guessing what club to hit but in general seemed to be 15-20 yards longer than a couple of weeks back.

Greens have been top dressed, cut and ironed again (last week was maintenance week) and although a bit sandy still, were like glass. Any downhill putts were 6 foot past if you sneezed on it. Ridiculous, but rolling nicely!

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
Played a quick 10 holes today 22 points, played well feel like i'm in good shape for tomorrow. Wasn't great off the tee but some nice second shots to get within chipping distance, putted nicely too - Greens are much improved vs a month ago

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I played yesterday nothing to bad or too good just a joy to be able to play with just a shirt on my top half but still with trousers on the bottom half although a lot were out in shorts.

Had to remember to adjust yardages for the warmer weather and the unrestricted swing.

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
First society meeting of the year today at Hill Barn close to Worthing in Sussex. Excellent full English to start, great company and glorious weather. Often looked down on by Worthing Golf Club the course was in great condition and the whole afternoon was good value for money. 34 points playing off 15 wasn't too shabby either.

phillarrow

Visit site
Played after work with my son tonight. He's new to the game but managed to get four pars in between the obligatory awful holes. I played poorly at the start (no warm up and straight from a long week in work) and the end (it was almost too dark to see by the 17th) but did okay in between for 31 points.
More than anything though, being on the golf course in nice weather with my son. Life is good! ?