I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Out for 13 holes before work, an absolutely stunning morning!

After a shaky start skying my driver nearly OB on the 18th, I managed to recover for a bogey which I was pretty happy with.

Ended up 5 over through 6 with some ropey play before going through the remaining 7 holes level par. Wish I'd had time to play the full 18!

Unfortunately the greens had been overseeded and hollowtined which made some of the putting interesting but I had some good luck with it and some bad luck so it all equals out.

Looking down the first for the 6am tee time.

20220323_092940.jpg

The sun rising over the 17th fairway

20220323_093000.jpg

Sun rising over the 15th green

20220323_093020.jpg

My mate playing a shot on the par 5 6th.

20220323_093044.jpg

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Ten holes yesterday evening with a buddy. First hit of a ball since a terribly messy medal on Saturday, but as a beautiful late afternoon why not.

And so the par 5 18th after nine pretty good holes. Stuck a good long tee shot up the right but as hole then turns left to right had a tricky low punched fading hybrid shot under overhanging branches and executed it perfectly. Ball ends up in middle of fairway with 71yds to flag. Thought not quite full lob wedge. Hit it sweet and in gathering gloom saw it head straight towards the flag. Then I lost it. But heard a very loud clatter as it hit the flag. Walk towards green and nowhere in sight. Of course...in the hole for an eagle. Looks like it pitched maybe 6ft short of flag then a bounce and straight into the hole.

Pretty much as well executed three shots in succession that I can do.

Lesson...golf can get me down. I can consider myself pretty rubbish at times. But I never know what joy is awaiting me just around the next corner. I count myself fortunate that I have golf on a lovely course in my life and I must never forget that.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Midweek Stableford today..booking only as per our hybrid system.. seemed to work OK.
Started like a train..15 points after 6 and level par and playing well...
Then the bad breaks kicked in..a putt that defied gravity, a wild kick into a bunker, a kick off a downslope and a ball on top of a bunker..
Had to stand with one foot in the bunker and the ball about waist height - nice:rolleyes:
And on the last...a pitch that needed 6 inches more flight to be perfect..hit the downs lope and ran away..
Still..35 points and, currently, sitting in 2nd in Dive on countback...
Greens are firming up and speeding up...might not be a high scoring day...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Midweek Stableford today..booking only as per our hybrid system.. seemed to work OK.
Started like a train..15 points after 6 and level par and playing well...
Then the bad breaks kicked in..a putt that defied gravity, a wild kick into a bunker, a kick off a downslope and a ball on top of a bunker..
Had to stand with one foot in the bunker and the ball about waist height - nice:rolleyes:
And on the last...a pitch that needed 6 inches more flight to be perfect..hit the downs lope and ran away..
Still..35 points and, currently, sitting in 2nd in Dive on countback...
Greens are firming up and speeding up...might not be a high scoring day...

If wasn't for you bad luck you'd have had no luck at all. Decent shooting

SurreyGolfer

Visit site
47 (+11) blows round our front 9 for me today which equates to 20pts. Key notes:
- Played irons only so lots of scope for improvement when I actually learn to hit a wood
- Could have been even better, found water on the easiest hole on the course (Par 3) and walked off with a 6! 3-4 yards further with my tee shot and I'd have been on the green and probably walking off with a 4 at the very worst. Positive however is that was my only penalty stroke of the round
- 17 putts (1 x 3, 2 x 1), really happy with that though I think the recent good weather has helped with my habit of leaving them short by firming up the greens
- Managed to par my nemesis hole, our 550 yard P5 with water everywhere. Super pleased with that!

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
82 gross for 35 points and it felt like I played awful. 4 fairways, 7 greens and 36 putts - 4 3 putts - TUT! 4 doubles, mainly due to being shocked at how quick the greens are already.

Everything was hard work, driver wasn’t happy, irons were all over the place, chipping was 50/50 putting either dead or on fire….

Should have been a 78… at least the weather was perfect!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
9 hole 2 man scramble last night with a friend

Had to make the most of the lovely evening! Teed at 5.12 and managed to get all 9 in. YOU BEAUTY :love:

Considering our 9 hole record is 5 under - this was a travesty at 5 over! Cant remember a shot of his that we took :ROFLMAO: Certainly 0 drives!

Nice to keep the swing ticking along before 18 holes this weekend

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
9 holes after work. Lovely. Golf not so. Busy day in work and so off the train, changed and straight out with no warm up and felt very stiff and struggled to strike it well. Got it round albeit off the yellows which were way forward but so nice to be out. Managed pars at 5,6,7 which was nice. Plenty to work on especially around short pitch shots but a joy to be out after work in shirt sleeves

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Got out for a solo round post work. 39 points today including a run of 7 straight pars which is a new record for me.

Slow out the blocks again with pretty much bogey golf until the 9th hole. No one aspect in particular letting me down but just throwing in one bad shot a hole.

Was joined by one of the better players at the club for the final 6 holes. He was 3 under at the time but I must have been a bad omen for him as he bogeyed every remaining hole ?.

Was nice to see a bit of run on the fairways again and the greens firming up again... the season has begun!

Albo

Visit site
I played today and it appears the driver has left the building, gone, nowhere to be seen.
Iron swing went the same way but have sorted what was wrong, but driver, nope, no clue

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Today was the first competition of my season as Lady Captain, it couldn't have started better I birdied the first! I played really well, although the amount of run caught me out a few times when the ball ran through the back of the green. I was 3 under my handicap standing on the 18th and although I hit a decent tee shot it was slightly off line and caught a greenside bunker, there wasnt a lot of sand in it I I came you too well and over flew the green into more sand, so finished with an unfortunate blob. Still 37 points was a nice start and a I start the season with a little cut.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Today was the first competition of my season as Lady Captain, it couldn't have started better I birdied the first! I played really well, although the amount of run caught me out a few times when the ball ran through the back of the green. I was 3 under my handicap standing on the 18th and although I hit a decent tee shot it was slightly off line and caught a greenside bunker, there wasnt a lot of sand in it I I came you too well and over flew the green into more sand, so finished with an unfortunate blob. Still 37 points was a nice start and a I start the season with a little cut.

Nice one!