I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Had a lesson weds night re driver and it went very well indeed. During the warm up I had never hit my irons so well. Lesson with the driver very good. The swing between irons and driver more or less the same swing but a few changes on hitting the Ball with the driver “ on the up”.
So I played yesterday and my driving again was iffy. 5 were very good but the rest were nothing to talk about. A few were rammel. It felt as if I was over swinging on the backswing and losing control ( does that make sense) I went for a 3/4 swing and nailed a few. But my Tee shots on the par threes were excellent. One was 4 ft from the pin, beaten by a Pp who put it 2 ft and another 8ft from pin which won me £7.50. Both shots were 145-150 yds. Why can I nail irons and driver is iffy? The lesson and ball striking on the driver lesson was excellent.
I had to laugh. One of our holes, 8th. There’s a dead oak tree in the middle of the fairway 220 yds away. That was my target expecting it to fade to the right. It ended up 5ft behind this bloody great tree.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Absolutely glorious weather here today and I escaped my 'work from home' desk this afternoon and took a wander on Monifieth Medal - hadn't played the course over the winter and was interested to see how it was, in very good nick. Played 12 holes, largely good suff but I'm not holing any putts at the moment - nice walk though - and did I mention the weather was beautiful :)

IMG_6784.jpg
Approach to the 4th

IMG_6788.jpg
Obligatory train passing the 5th green

IMG_6791.jpg
Another pic of the 5th showing the bunkering on the left of the green

IMG_6797.jpg
New bunkers to front left of 17th green

IMG_6792.jpg
Nice to play the course in the winter when all the rough has died down

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
36 points today but not good enough in the swindle. Sunny on the south coast though so managed a couple of holes in just a ‘T’ shirt.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
-4 when I got to the club and white over but main greens ?. Although playing into them is very interesting.
New Course manager got us on all grass tees and pretty much off the yellow blocks so course playing mega long.
2 from 4 to count and we cam 4th with 69, 72 winning it.
Good to be out ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just 44 balls down the range with a 7i.

Spraying clubhead with athletes foot spray before each shot; taking my time getting feel of what I want my position at strike to feel like; checking ball strike position mark on clubhead after each.

I’m looking to build my understanding of what a centre-to-toe strike feels like with my new irons ; and more importantly what a centre-to-heel one feels like. Because I can hit an OK shot with a C2H strike but I want none of them, as for me these are the killers. I must build feedback that warns me if my striking has drifted heel side of centre. When it does I have to keep working on the basics that keep me ’safe’.

Plus I just MUST be striking the ball toe side of centre, I don’t care how thin I hit it when I do. Indeed right off the toe is OK for me as it tells me I’m getting my swing O2I.

Of the 44? Well I’m guessing 80% were what I’m after, and only 2 or 3 were getting dangerously close to the hosel.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Got out early this morning, it chilly and some frost but it was a lovely morning. Only played 9 holes as I needed to be in work for a meeting, but was hitting the ball really well. Drives were straight and long leaving some relatively simple approach shots, putts were pretty tricky with the hard ground. Think I was 6 over, without ever getting into trouble and a couple of tap in bogeys so all in all pretty good.

B799D492-E36C-4DFD-B5DA-B93CD352AEB4.jpeg

Had a lesson in the afternoon, continuing on the same theme as previous lesson as we try to straighten my path out rather than being too far from the inside. A couple of months ago I was consistently coming 8-10 degrees from the inside, that’s down to 1-3 now so giving me a much better ball flight. Ball striking feels in a completely different world to how it was 12 months ago.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Nipped out for 8 holes whilst running errands this afternoon. Didnt play too horrendously but putting was a lottery given the state of the greens at the moment, very wooly and bobbly so didn't take too much from them.

Spent quite a bit of time recently on my wedges - understanding my shot types and yardages, and also around the greens as well. It seems to be paying dividends.

Got an Open at Kirkby Lonsdale on Sunday but had forgotten that I'd said yes to playing rugby the say before. Only 3rd game since jan 2020 so I'm not sure I'll actually be able to swing a club come Sunday morning ?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
1 over today, 1 birdie and 2 bogeys. Highlight was on the 6th. Great drive up the middle, then shanked a 6 iron approach over the hedge towards the 15th green. Hit a provisional on to the green. Found the first ball which was about 50 yards from the 6th green which I proceeded to knock onto the green and about 10 feet from the hole. Then knocked in the putt for a par 4?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Only played 10 as we couldn’t get off until one and the course was jammed due to delayed starts from the fog. Was only really interested in taking the new driver and 3w for a walk, presently surprised. 10 over for 10 was crap, but the walk was nice and the clubs are good so who cares.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Team through to semi final of the County Scratch Winter team comp.
2 points behind oppos and 15 holes down but at home , 1st pair won 5&4 we won 4&3 and last pair won 3&2.
Thought frozen greens would negate home advantage but didn't in the end ??

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
First time weilding a club (at the driving range) since before winter festival and what a crock of poo.
Had a few unmentionables and they were the good shots

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
10/13 fairways, 10 greens in regulation and couldn’t putt to save my life… torturous!

Drove the ball so well, the 3 missed fairways were more unlucky than real misses, irons were the best I’ve hit them for a very long time. 4 iron from 195 on the 14th to about 10 feet and then 3 putted, humiliating! 9i on the par 3 10th to 3 feet and missed the 2. FFS!

83 that could have been sub 80 very easily with a Luke warm putter, I just couldn’t hit the putts hard enough no matter what I tried.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Played the front nine and a few of the back nine on the Ashludie this afternoon - in total contrast to yesterday it was very cold out there, even with no wind to speak of - not sure when I'll get out again - football is back this week which will get in the way massively. Think I may head to the range at St Andrews Links in midweek.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Giving 19 shots to a couple in their 70s, my lady partner and I managed a 3&2 win in the quarter final of the winter greensomes knockout. Highlight for me was my 6 iron on the 170 yard par 3 13th. We'd just lost the 12th to drop to 2 up and I flushed the tee shot to 5 foot. Happy days!
Lessons are paying off and I'm expecting good things when the ground is better and the lies are better and it's a bit bloody warmer!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Played a winter league 4bbb qualifier today, best 3 scores from 5 rounds to count we carded a 48 points to win the comp and virtually guarantee to qualify for the knockout stage

Highlight of the day was a slam dunk eagle at the par 5 10th, 95 yards with my 50° gap wedge