I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Today was a battle, 3 club wind with rain starting on 10.
Battled on but hate waterproof jackets with a passion.
78 gross which should have been an easy 74 but newly tined and sanded greens made it a lottery.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Needed a net 68 today in the monthly medal to qualify for a competition in 2 weeks time. Came in with a net 69 :( Stretching to tap in a putt of under 1ft on 15 to avoid standing on anyone's line proved a bit costly when I missed it.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Played in the pit day yesterday which I arranged for 51 lads. Format was white, yellow, red tees. And repeat. Playing on WHS yellow tees. Format was 2 from 4, all to score on the 18th. There was an individual comp running alongside.
Front nine Tash smashed it for 21 points, back nine 15 with some scruffy shots. Oddly enough I was the best of us four and we finished second overall a point behind the winners. On the 18th where it was all to score, it is a par 5 playing off the women’s tees, we were all putting for birdies. I put a 25footer 4” from the pin. A PP went for his 10 footer and left it 10”” short. He leaned over and lipped it out. another PP missed his 2 ft birdie putt.those two cost us the win.

But, I had to go out to fetch the nearest pins which had been left out. The course looked gorgeous in the evening colours Which I had never seen before.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Behind the slowest two ball I have ever had the misfortune to encounter today.
Four hours for a two ball ,four hours!!!
They held our three ball up all day.
We questioned them and they said “ they were waiting on the game in front”
They were two holes behind.
Ad insult to injury one NRd the other won the comp.
Absolute joke. Lots of complaints but nothing will be done as usual.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Probably the most positive thing about yesterday's game was that the water resistant/proof bag did a sterling job. Can't really blame equipment or preparation on me handing my oppo the match on the 2nd nine - he improved and I regressed. Thankfully the team scraped through and we ought to be promoted in 2nd place.
Mind, my waterproof over trousers which have a lot of years experience seem to have lost some elasticity - my oppo must have thought I was a wannabe teenager at times, troos around the thighs! ?

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Just finished a knock at Borth and ynyslas. Absolutely savage conditions!

Didn't bother scoring but noted i got a few birdies which was nice.

Into the back 9 I was playing into a 30 to 40mph wind. Absolutely buttoned a driver and it went 156 yards ?.

My 2 iron was my most used club on the back 9, using it twice on most par 4s!

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Monthly Stableford from the blue tees.

Once again I made a complete hash of the first few holes and had 3 points after four holes. Made a bit of a recovery thereafter and finished on 33 points, including a two for good measure.

Clubs were:
  • Dunlop Maxflite laminated 1 and 3 woods
  • Dunlop Maxfli Australian Blades, 2 to PW
  • Dunlop Peter Thomson sand iron
  • Donaldson Pinfinder putter, "balanced for professional play", first time in the bag, although someone had been overzealous in restoring it and the shine in the sun was annoyingly distracting.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played in Open Bowmaker 2 from 3 at Clevedon with my good lady and Pokerjoke and had a great day out despite getting soaked. Pipped at the post, was lying 3rd for a long time but last team out did us so 4th

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Monthly medal this morning. Driving was crap, irons were crap. Putting was decent, but it feels like I lipped out on every hole. The wind had to be taken into account when putting.

The 3 club wind and course kicked my arse.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played this afternoon. Finally had a return to form and shot 82. I guess the rain had slowed up the greens a little which made them much more speed and I putted pretty decently. Made 9 pars, but only 4 bogeys and 5 doubles. We had every weather, it was windy, cold, we had a quick downpour, then the sun was out, there was even a rainbow. Quite chilly with the wind blowing, summer golf is definitely over. Nice to return to form before the forum meet next week though, hopefully a good omen towards not embarrassing myself. :ROFLMAO:

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Final of 4BBB today, strong wind but sunny ( that’s not my disposition that’s the weather) won it on 18th . Very tight game but happy, partner hast been absolute rock, definitely steadied my game and made me better. He played extremely well and just got better as we progressed.
We will defend it next year.

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
Second week in a row I’ve went out in 39, and then come back mid to high 40s. Frustrating as feel like coming out of a spell of bad form, but had too many doubles on back 9.
Managed to get down to 6 earlier in season, but the bad form has seen me go back up to 9. (Suppose that’s a slight benefit of WHS)

D

Deleted member 21258

Was staying near Fortrose, didnt play the courses we intended to, struggling to justify paying the high green fees charged tbh, by the likes of Dornoch, Nairn, Gleneagles, Dornoch, Fortrose(looks a nice course, from our walk around it), even places like Tain/Brora are high green fees.

Instead drove part of the NC500 route to play Durness & Raey. Wow what a stunning drive, left early, sunrise arrived fairly quickly drove up the A836(I think) from Fortrose to Durness. Amazing scenery and alot of purple tinge.

Raey, pictures below, played in the afternoon(2nd 18), played though a 2 ball on the 4th then millionaires golf, round in about 2hrs 20 mins, didnt feel fast but helped by the wife being pooped and walked 4-5 holes out of the 18:D.

Some nice holes and green placements on the course and interesting bumps/humps in fairways, worth a play, couple of birdies, couple of triples but not to bad given the long day and 2nd 18, enough wind to make it interesting:-

Big pictures if click on twice.

D

Deleted member 21258

Durness, play it if in the area. The setting and views from the course, is in my top 5 golf views/settings from golf course. Stunning and my pictures dont do it justice.:D

Welcome to Durness Golf Club

9 hole course, some really nice holes on the course and almost a shame it isnt 18 holes. Played the course twice and no one ahead of us on the course when we played the first 9, so first out. Three birdies, an 8 on the 16th par 3 wrecked the card.

If you think you are a big hitter, there is a par 5 wrapped around a Loch(mid 400s range, without cutting any corners) but from one of the tees it is approx 320 holes carry straight over the loch to the green. Go for it Byson, probably not even a driver, easy albatross. Best I could do was Driver, 8 iron:LOL:

Highly recommend it, play it if you get the chance to. Its pretty north tho:whistle::ROFLMAO:

Coreservers

Visit site
Was staying near Fortrose, didnt play the courses we intended to, struggling to justify paying the high green fees charged tbh, by the likes of Dornoch, Nairn, Gleneagles, Dornoch, Fortrose(looks a nice course, from our walk around it), even places like Tain/Brora are high green fees.

Instead drove part of the NC500 route to play Durness & Raey. Wow what a stunning drive, left early, sunrise arrived fairly quickly drove up the A836(I think) from Fortrose to Durness. Amazing scenery and alot of purple tinge.

Raey, pictures below, played in the afternoon(2nd 18), played though a 2 ball on the 4th then millionaires golf, round in about 2hrs 20 mins, didnt feel fast but helped by the wife being pooped and walked 4-5 holes out of the 18:D.

Some nice holes and green placements on the course and interesting bumps/humps in fairways, worth a play, couple of birdies, couple of triples but not to bad given the long day and 2nd 18, enough wind to make it interesting:-

Big pictures if click on twice.

If you go out west. Try Lochcarron real cheap but a lovely wee 9 holer