I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Quickly asked in the Pro Shop if they had a spare and all they had was a Taylor Made mallet of some sort (very short) and an even shorter Anser style putter.
Picked the Taylor Made even though I once swore I'd never hit a Taylor Made club.

Pulled myself together after that and finished on 33 points, putted very well and I can see why modern high MOI putters are called cheat sticks.
Should get a 0.1 cut if my maths is correct.

I've never heard that before.
If the technology is there and legal, use it ....................... or choose not to, but it's your choice.

D

Deleted member 3432

Results just in from yesterday’s competition. It was won with a 59 (nett). To win I would have had to go round in 61 (-9) gross which is never going to happen. The winner is a 14 handicapper that went round in 3 over.
I have just had a look on WHS at his index and there are only two scores recorded, one of them being yesterdays result.

Noticed our comp was won yesterday with nett 62 by a 25 handicapper.
He won a comp in April with 47 points playing off 26.
Looks like he went down to 23 after that but has managed to go back up since then.
Complete waste of time entering for lower handicaps.

Feel sorry for the 24 handicapper yesterday finishing 3rd with nett 64 including a 10 on his card ?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well if its any consolation his handicap will have taken an almighty cut if he has that few cards in ?
According to WHS there is no change after yesterday’s result. Probably because he only has two scores recorded. I’m sure that the system will catch up with him when a few more scores have been submitted.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Knackered and annoyed from football this morning, but I still went out to play nine holes with the wife - want to keep her keen and practising! Tried a pitch and putt in Harrow and were turned away, weirdly, so ended up going to Northwick Park and their supposed replica famous holes course. I didn't realise they'd let it fall into a right state though. The greens were like ploughed fields. It was really windy as well which didn't help on the tricky narrow set-up (given that it's replicas of major tour golf holes after all). On top of that I just played unspeakably badly. Lost 3 balls I think. Got no pars and only three bogeys. Just, no words really.. could scarcely hit the ball the right direction.

My wife didn't like the course very much either. Too narrow for her and scrappy lies everywhere. She played alright but not quite as well as she did last time out. I don't think we'll be going back.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Results just in from yesterday’s competition. It was won with a 59 (nett). To win I would have had to go round in 61 (-9) gross which is never going to happen. The winner is a 14 handicapper that went round in 3 over.
I have just had a look on WHS at his index and there are only two scores recorded, one of them being yesterdays result.

Only 2 scores in his handicap record, that doesnt sound right.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Played Reigate Heath yesterday. 9 greens with 18 tees, nice course. Was fun walking on sand paths, greens were very slippery so had to adjust quickly after a couple of weeks on slow greens. Went 8 feet past on first green for a 3 jab, but actually played the 1st 9 in 2 over ?. It was a fun 4BBB matchplay off the whites, we were up at half way but pegged back to A/S after 15. Made 2 good pars on 16 & 17, picked up a terrible plugged lie in bunker on 18, but holed a 4 footer for bogey to half the last and sneak the win.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lancs senior ladies championship at Formby Ladies today, postponed from May.

I have been in good form so was optimistic on the first tee and it was well founded as I parred the first four holes, followed by a bogey on a nasty little par 3, and then on the 6th tee I badly pulled my drive into the heather and finished up with a NINE. After that I couldn't get my lovely straight driving back and the next half dozen holes were a disaster with a lot of trips into the heather and 3 lost balls. I improved a bit towards the end of the round but the damage had been done, no trip back tomorrow for the matchplay for me sadly.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Maybe he is a new golfer to the club and getting a handicap. I know a few players that golfed for years before they became a member anywhere.

Surprised he was eligible for any prizes if he's still handing his cards in. What does it say his handicap index is on EG?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Surprised he was eligible for any prizes if he's still handing his cards in. What does it say his handicap index is on EG?
His index is 12.5, and after this result there is no change to it. I’ve just looked on HDID and he also won the only other competition he entered with a nett 67.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Played in a bogey comp yesterday.

Only had 8 clubs: putter, SW, PW, 8, 6, 4H, 5W and driver. Shot a very solid 84 which was a 1 up win. 0.3 cut to 12.8

More interesting for me, I was putting looking at the hole - having dabbled in it in the past I saw Crossfield on YT talking about it and thought I'd give it a try again and it worked wonders, I have to say. Definitely going to persevere with it.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Had the usual fairly average knock this afternoon, much like the rest of this year, other than our 7th & 8th holes, both par 5. Both times hit a good drive and second shot (both require a layup in front of a stream and bunkers respectively). On the 7th had 120 yards to go. Struck my 9-iron really nicely, pitched onto the green, ran up to the hole and dropped in for only my second ever eagle. On the 8th had 145 yards to go slightly into the wind and an difficult lie (ridge and furrow humps). Nailed the strike and nearly ended up with a repeat of the 7th. Ball stopped just 9 inches from the hole. It's fairly rare that I get a birdle, let alone eagle and tap in birdie on consecutive holes.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
81 gross Saturday.....only had 1 birdie and 3 bogies , but 4 doubles ruined the card. Course was firm and fast and compounded a couple of mistakes by missing on the wrong side of greens etc.

Yesterday was junior captains day and there were teams of 3, junior had to score on every holes, along with the best score of the 2 adults. No pressure, fun day , relaxed swing and 2 over was the worst I could have scored. Only 1 birdie , 3 bogies.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Think I need to start warming up before my 18 hole rounds - im making a habit of an absolute pig of a front 9 followed by 20 point saviors on the back 9..

Just dont feel in the mood until 6/7 holes in!

D

Deleted member 3432

Think I need to start warming up before my 18 hole rounds - im making a habit of an absolute pig of a front 9 followed by 20 point saviors on the back 9..

Just dont feel in the mood until 6/7 holes in!

Sounds like you have hit the nail on the head.

Wasting my time playing if I don't loosen up before hand.