I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Dingy

Visit site
Played in the medal on saturday and finally was scoring as I normally do until the 17th when I had a 9 ( should have had something to eat, lost concentration ). Happy enough to post a decent score and not be last like I have been for the rest of the season. If I can tighten up my putting a little bit I might actually get into the top places.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Managed to sneak a late entry to a decent size comp this morning, early start at 6.48, started well with a birdie at the first, added one at 6 and finished +2 on the front, could easily have been level, or even under par. Silly 3 putt at 11, then hit a great 8i to 4ft at 13, but then missed the putt - and then the wheels fell off! Triple/double/double/double/double/bogey, what should have been mid-low 70’s, ended up with an 84.

At some point I’ll put 18 holes together.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played at West Lancs today for first time in 36 Hole scratch event and loved it, made the school boy error of birdieing the 1st but was happy with a 80 with definetly 2 putts left out there. One was for a tap in and just hit the ground ?
Marked the winners card tho ?, he is a member and showed us the way round but boy was his putter hot ?Screenshot_20210905_203314_com.twitter.android.jpg
Think I can mid table with a 80 and 86

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Played Thetford for the first time today.

Having not touched my clubs for a few weeks and not having my head in the golf. I didn't play very well.

But, what a wonderful course. One I will certainly visit again. And the weather was perfect.

D

Deleted member 3432

Shot 77 with a quad on 15 :ROFLMAO:

In the gorse off the tee and revisited the gorse by the green :rolleyes:

Other than that a good ball striking round with too many missed chances with the putter.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nine holes with the wife again yesterday afternoon. I was absolutely knackered from football in 25° in the morning, but I wanted to keep her interest going - and the extra rounds with her have helped improve my own game lately, so we went to the nearby Aldenham nine hole. I stepped up and promptly topped a five wood about 15 yards off the tee. Great start. Made 7 there, but then parred 5 of the next 7 holes so it was mostly decent. The last hole is really stupid though, I made a mess of it and stopped caring, ha. It's kind of a dogleg but extremely narrow where it turns and flanked by trees, so I felt like I had to tee off with a nine iron and then leave myself 180 odd to the green. I just hate holes like that, feels backwards. ?

My wife struggled, the course was too long for her really. Even on 300 yard holes it's going to take her 4 or 5 shots to reach the green at the moment, so she got a little bit down that she couldn't score anything better than a 7 - and the two 100 yard holes she made a bit of a mess of, unfortunately. We would normally go further afield for a shorter course but we were pushed for time which is why we opted to go here. But it's all good practise anyway, she hit a few irons that got off the ground nicely which is good for her at the minute. And she beat me on that ninth hole since she scored an 8 and I carded an 11 thanks to taking 3 drops. ??

D

Deleted member 21258

Last ones out on the course on Saturday evening, had tea by the 11th half way hut before proceeding on. Let the world pass on. Hacked 20 whs. Clubhouse looked a picture with the lights on as dusk arrived.

Back out Sunday morning, couple of birdies but hacked, whs 21 .

Think I am heading towards a 13-14 handicap by next year, just cant seem to put a round together, the good stuff is still sometimes there but the bad ugly stuff is always there..

Oh well, nice time had(bigger pictures if double clicked on). Some funky toadstools/mushrooms, didn't pick and eat them:D

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
A busy weekend for me, Lady Captains day on Saturday played pretty well but a couple of poor shots and one bit of bad luck cost me, finished gross 83, nett 73 missed both the best nett and best gross by one shot. 0.2 of handicap though.
Sunday a rare venture into mixed opens playing at Prestbury with ex forum reprobates, Liverbirdie and Scouser (plus Mrs Scouser) had a good afternoon albeit a slow one my play was a bit mixed parred 8 or 9 holes but was erratic on the others. We didnt threaten the prizes

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played a Seniors match at Priors Hall GC near Corby, first visit for me.
Nice course and on a big plot of land for a municipal, could be really good with just a little more money spent on it.

We were three down at the turn but battled back to A/S after 16 which is how it stayed to the end.
Team lost 4.5 to 3.5

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I am at a loss....
I can't recall hitting the ball so badly but walking off with 32 points...
Birdied the first and the ninth without hitting a particularly decent shot on either
Carved one OB on our 4th but then, somehow, birdied with the 2nd ball
Sunk some putts and scrambled around.
The swing felt quick, unbalanced and tempo-less
The journey continues

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played today and couldn't get anything moving. Driver was cold, and the putter wasn't my friend. Had the sunshine and a few good shots though to keep my chin up. Hopefully that's all my bad shots gone and in time for the club championship this weekend!

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played at Ormskirk today for the first time, I believe it is an open qualifying course. I played pretty well but our team didnt feature, it didnt help that one of our 4 went off after 8 holes with a bad reaction to a sting our bite.
As for the course, I have mixed feelings, firstly it is very lobsided with there being 500 yds difference between the two nines partly down to more par threes on the back nine. I found the front nine a bit boring, long mostly straight holes, hit it then hit it again, the back nine had far more variety even though it was shorter (maybe because it was).
The oddest thing were the greens, several times I hit good shots but could not hold the ball on the greens, even landing short the ball ran across and off the back, this was in stark contract to the fact that when putting the greens were slow, you really had to give it a whack to get it to the hole;

HeftyHacker

Visit site
First ever Eagle today!

Driveable par 4, put it to the left of the greenside bunker meaning I needed a chip over the bunker yo get it on the green. Hit the shot and started walking thinking it would never run once on the green but it just kept going and dropped!

Rest of the round was garbage mind.

Been really struggling with approaches these last couple of weeks and been in or the wrongside of many a greenside bunker.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Out for 9 before work.
Tee off at 6.45
Just warm, clear sky, sun out, birds singing, deer running around, a quick chat with Mr Fox - well, he barked at me for disturbing him....

I could have stayed out there all morning.....
Played decently too....

#lovegolfinthemorning

Yorkhacker

Visit site
First ever Eagle today!

Driveable par 4, put it to the left of the greenside bunker meaning I needed a chip over the bunker yo get it on the green. Hit the shot and started walking thinking it would never run once on the green but it just kept going and dropped!

Rest of the round was garbage mind.

Been really struggling with approaches these last couple of weeks and been in or the wrongside of many a greenside bunker.

I had a 4 foot putt for my first ever eagle on the 18th on Sunday . Needless to say I missed it. I was quite glad in a way as considering the way I had played for the rest of the round, I would have been rather embarrassed if it had gone in!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I played in a Bowmaker open yesterday.
We all played pretty poorly on too many holes.
However my highlight was really good final 6 iron in to the 18th that won me the 'nearest the pin in 2 prize'. I had not really expected to win it because I was about 8 foot away but it was a fairly tough pin position to get to, near the top of the the green which slopes from the right to the left.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
played in an Open at Montrose Links toda. Class course really enjoyed the day. There were 2 brothers in my group, got chatting one was a Co. Director and one retired ex professional footballer who did some managing. Needed to probe a bit and it was Jockey Scott, I called him John, looked up on Google he had 2 caps for Scotlan, played for Dundee/Aberdeen plus several Clubs managed.

Great guy and not a bad golfer playing off 3