I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
We had a stable ford competition today and I played rather well, a steady start of 2 pars and a bogey before playing the 4th a silly little par 3, stroke 18 and one i consistently mess up and today was no exception with a blob, I then played the next 8 holes in 2 under gross, before an annoying 3 putt on 13, last five holes 2 pars, 2 bogeys and another 3 putt double bogey. finished with 39 points gross was a 7 over 79. My new index tomorrow will be 8.8 a new low, so obviously pretty chuffed but I can go lower I know i can.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
We had a stable ford competition today and I played rather well, a steady start of 2 pars and a bogey before playing the 4th a silly little par 3, stroke 18 and one i consistently mess up and today was no exception with a blob, I then played the next 8 holes in 2 under gross, before an annoying 3 putt on 13, last five holes 2 pars, 2 bogeys and another 3 putt double bogey. finished with 39 points gross was a 7 over 79. My new index tomorrow will be 8.8 a new low, so obviously pretty chuffed but I can go lower I know i can.
Nice one. Doesn't seem so long ago you were lamenting the hcp going up (if I recall), so a good little reminder for me (& likely others) that things can change.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
There were 3 of us playing and a guy I know asked to join. His HI around 36. My 2 mates around 8 and 10 HI and as I am 20 suggested the 2 high handicappers should be split. My mates were having none of it so 2 low against 2 high with one receiving 28 shots in 4ball Matchplay.

We were 6 up at the turn won 10/11 and it was an embarrassment. They never had the honour and we came off on 16th having won the back 9.

Personally, whilst always wanting to win, I prefer losing on the last hole and having a tight game rather than winning 8 and 6

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Out at 7 this morning with my partner in the Captain's Weekend 4BBB
Always scored the first ball but sometimes hit a couple more as I was helping him with his chipping - always been his nemesis..
Had to pack up afterb16 as we'd been out too long and I was going to be late for work if I didn't get a move on..
Had 33 points to that point so it would have been a decent round.
Problem now is the weekend....thunderstorms forecast all weekend...
Got a feeling it might not happen..

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bombed driver up the 1st to about 80yds.
Picked up after five more shots ............................... still not on the green and never in trouble!!
Steady after that until I reached the 7th, where I was just overcome by the heat.
Couldn't hit a proper shot for two holes.
Just short of 11th green in two .............................. sunk a three footer for an eight!
I suddenly started playing and played the rest of the round very well, although I did leave a twenty foot eagle put about three feet short on the 12th.
Finished with a good win against my brother and a mate.
The Guinness after was biblical!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I played today giving my new Ping G425 3 wood a good run out - so far so good with a couple of tee shots longer than my driver.

My mate kept asking me my score for the hole told him I was not bothered as I was also playing my 6 iron a lot just for practice, he was very persistent.

I did realise that the 3 wood is totally unsuited to a couple of holes (I normally use a 19 degrees rescue) as it brought the trees in to play.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Medal yesterday, first time playing in a comp as a 12 handicap.

Started with a 9; I stupidly didn't take an unplayable with my ball in a bush after my drive. Doubled the 2nd and then went birdie, par, par, birdie. Followed that up with another 9.

Finished the round with a 9 as well, after being 5 off the tee. Net 84. Stupid game :LOL::ROFLMAO:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Medal yesterday, first time playing in a comp as a 12 handicap.

Started with a 9; I stupidly didn't take an unplayable with my ball in a bush after my drive. Doubled the 2nd and then went birdie, par, par, birdie. Followed that up with another 9.

Finished the round with a 9 as well, after being 5 off the tee. Net 84. Stupid game :LOL::ROFLMAO:
999, which service do you require ?:)

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Played this evening with Sainthacker, think we got 13 holes in before running out of light.

Still lacking confidence with driver off the tee, but irons were really good bar a couple that I didn’t quite catch right.

Ended up 6 over for the 13 holes which I was happy with, 2 birdies in there and opportunities for more. 1 bladed chip which led to a double on a par 3, and dropped one in a ditch on a par 5 for another double which was a silly mistake as I just didn’t hit a wedge hard enough.

Overall, happy with the trend the game is going in atm.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Played yesterday in an Over 60s open Am/Am at my home club with @Crow, @doublebogey7 and my next door neighbour who plays at same club as @doublebogey7.
Prizes down to 5th place and that was where we were lying until the last two groups came in and we were pipped at the post.
Didn't need a new shoe-bag and cap anyway.
We had a great time with all four players contributing equally to a very respectable 84 points. (Best 2 from 4 per hole)

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played yesterday in an Over 60s open Am/Am at my home club with @Crow, @doublebogey7 and my next door neighbour who plays at same club as @doublebogey7.
Prizes down to 5th place and that was where we were lying until the last two groups came in and we were pipped at the post.
Didn't need a new shoe-bag and cap anyway.
We had a great time with all four players contributing equally to a very respectable 84 points. (Best 2 from 4 per hole)

Thanks again for organising this Voyager, really enjoyed it and the course was in great condition with some of the fastest greens I've seen this year.

(When you're on a knife edge for a prize, why does the last group always seem to come in with a good score? ;) )

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Some decent play this morning...slightly patchy on the front but level 2s on the back for 34 points.
CVG played a blinder of a back 9 scoring 25 points including......a 4 for 5 on a par 5 with 2 shots...:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks again for organising this Voyager, really enjoyed it and the course was in great condition with some of the fastest greens I've seen this year.

(When you're on a knife edge for a prize, why does the last group always seem to come in with a good score? ;) )

There was "allegedly" a team up our way, that always booked the last slot and checked the scores before putting their card in.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
A bit healthier temperature out there today and played in our normal group swindle.

Got a great putting tip from a guy that returned to the club after leaving for three years who played with us.

I feel like buying him a year's supply of beer. Pointed out the source of my recent putting woes and although I have to work on it, the improvement today alone was immense.

Really odd that a new pair of eyes can spot something we often can't see staring ourselves in the face.

Final payoff was holing a 10 footer for par on 18th to see us take the money on 18th.