I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Another game of two halves this morning. Six over front nine. 9th was the first green in regulation!
Then level par back with one birdie and one bogey. (par 70, rated 70.8/132)
Beat 8th best by one shot, should reduce HI by one decimal place.
34 points in the comp. 14 out, 20 back.
I'll probably get twitchy when I do a decent front nine.
Lovely warm and sunny morning - felt great.

Last edited:

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
No not really, have played on better greens recently, fairways scabby in places with lots of seeding AMG. Yes some good holes but lot of pins in very tricky positions when you've not played the course before. M25 noise is pretty unrelenting too
Played the New today and felt it was a better layout, conditions still the same and don't really know why as the 20 green staff were here there and everywhere. 2 rough mowers and 3 fairway mowers, that's £250k worth of kit alone.
Consensus is Enville which we know is in better nick and for us suits the eye more. Sure if it was in Surrey it would be spoken of highly.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Hickory foursomes at Brancaster today, not hitting it great again but the putter did the business and we won our match 2 up and the team won by 3 points to 2.

Cracking course and an excellent lunch after.

CountLippe

Visit site
Played Holyhead and Bull Bay back to back.
Holyhead was in superb condition, greens like billiard tables and fairways like carpets. Lots and lots of gorse but not long. keep it straight and score well.
I'd been told Bull Bay was 'Easily the best course in Anglesey'.... I was a bit underwhelmed... Tricky but lots of blind shots. Greens were poor, tees uncut and uneven. One thats suffered through lockdown me thinks.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I played Pike Fold with the wife today. It's a brilliant course with awesome greens.

We were behind four blokes who were a tad erractic and held us up. Then the 10th. They were all over the place and waved us up just as we had started to have our snacks. Great. It's a short par 4 for both ladies and gents. 237 yards for men about 245 for ladies. I nailed a drive down the middle on to the green. The wife smashed a drive about 170 yards. Then a great 7 iron to within 2 meters from the pin. As we walked up one of the blokes said "its like Sky golf". I putted up to about a meter. The wife sank her putt for a birdie and then I followed her in for a birdie.

I'll bet they'll talk about that for a while. LOL !

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Medal today, rammel once more. The wheels have proper fell off. It’s got that bad am looking at videos on YouTube. Talk about frying your brain. Swing overload thoughts. ☹️

The Dog.

Visit site
Shot 1 over and it was a qualifier so will get a small cut although it knocks out my 20th score which was +2. Can make hay now though as have got six chances to beat 77 gross for some better handicap cuts.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Medal today, rammel once more. The wheels have proper fell off. It’s got that bad am looking at videos on YouTube. Talk about frying your brain. Swing overload thoughts. ☹️

I've banned myself from watching YouTube golf videos. I've come to the conclusion they only make matters worse!

Had a very enjoyable round late afternoon yesterday. Course deserted, lovely weather, and played well. wasn't even put off by ending up in bunkers on the 7 of the first 11 holes. Driver only had one aberration, hybrids and long irons were great, chipping and putting less so. 35 points, happy enough with that.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Played at Highwoods yesterday, "friendly" match against my old adversary Norman, 3 down with 3 to play and staring yet another defeat in the face.
Managed to kick myself into action and par the last 3 holes to square the match. Really pleased with the way I finished, as I was feeling knackered!!
How was Norman after the 18th ????

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played Warrington golf club with a member this morning.
Off the whites , jeez that’s a long course ,,played off yellow lots of times but it’s a beast off the back tees.
Course was fantastic I can’t fault it.
Rough is just the right height.
Fairways were lovely.
Greens excellent, not to quick but very playable.
Really long rough around the bunkers looks really good.
Starting to firm up now and a bit of run.
Really enjoyed the round and lovely clubhouse.
Highly recommend.
Took a box of prov 1xs off them in the match so great day all around.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
After the tripe covered first 6 holes yesterday evening ( followed by 4 pars and a birdie - go figure:rolleyes:) I had a very sociable round with and old mate from my first club.
And produced and extremely steady 36 points....so my last 23 holes have yielded 48 points....
Its in there I tell you....:cool:

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
On Monday evening played really well (especially driving and iron play) in our foursomes knockout match, which we won 2&1. Were 4up at the turn, back to all square at 15, but won 16 & 17.

Today played in a seniors open at Lutterworth (off the whites) and hoped the good form would continue. 5pts after two holes thinking all was well and then I just could not get a straight drive off of the tee and putting became really poor (missed two from within 18 inches). Ended up with just 22pts (although that was the best score of our three ball!!). The course was in great nick and the last green has been moved temporarily following the fire which gutted the clubhouse last month. They did well to put the event on with the pro-shop now moved to a portakabin and a marquee set up to serve drinks.

One of my PPs was 80 and hit a long ball for someone of his age. He had a new Ping G425 driver. Never heard such an awful sound from a driver before. Anyone else come across this.

This was my first competition played off of 18 following a cut at the weekend. That has been the goal for some time and pleased to have achieved it. Unfortunately, my second best score drops off the record after this round and so it only lasted for one round.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seniors’ match today in the glorious sunshine. We ran out winners 5.5 v 2.5 and played well.

Putting woes banished after a torrid 6 weeks, during which I had somehow an inexplicably developed the yips out of nowhere.

New Super Stroke grip seems to have done the trick :geek:

B