I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

D

Deleted member 15344

Bogey comp yesterday- was 2 better than the course but level par because I wad stupid enough to birdie two holes I had shots on ?‍♂️

And 1 under gross for 37 points in the swindle today - have a nice consistent game at the moment

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Nicely satisfactory round today
Playing off current "proper" handicaps a very solid 19 points out including a birdie on the difficult ( for me) 9th to be level with the Mod everyone loves....
Lost a ball in leaves on the 12th which was a tad more than mildly irritating and a sloppy bogey on 13 didn't help.
Then the game kicked in..SI 1 was birdied into what was becoming a fresh and gusty breeze, 15 was parred, nearly aced the 16th for another birdie and another birdie on the last to finish on 37 points - bang on the number for the new handicap of 6.
Can't complain about that.
Fragger had 2 or 3 outrageous hole-outs from places he had no business getting close ,let alone in the hole...a creditable 35 pointer but....not enough....:)

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Managed to squeeze in 9 at the par 3.

Another round under 30 means my (fake) HI is 12.2. No idea what that means but I now only get 2 shots per 9 holes instead of 3. Sure is a lot lower than the 8 I got under the old system!!!!

I guess it will go up again if my scores get worse as I can’t see it getting much lower while I am just playing the par 3, going round under par takes some doing and doesn’t happen that often, scratch golfers are expected to shoot 24 and I have only done that once! Next best is a 26, also in 2018. Best since had been a handful of level pars.

I could probably keep shooting level to +2 week in week out so need some proper 18 hole results at some point!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Playing off current "proper" handicaps a very solid 19 points out including a birdie on the difficult ( for me) 9th to be level with the Mod everyone loves....
Lost a ball in leaves on the 12th which was a tad more than mildly irritating and a sloppy bogey on 13 didn't help.
Then the game kicked in..SI 1 was birdied into what was becoming a fresh and gusty breeze, 15 was parred, nearly aced the 16th for another birdie and another birdie on the last to finish on 37 points - bang on the number for the new handicap of 6.
Fragger had 2 or 3 outrageous hole-outs from places he had no business getting close ,let alone in the hole...a creditable 35 pointer but....not enough....:)

I wouldn't worry. Fragger is merely luring you into a false sense of security before launching YOTF in 2021 (or 2022, 2023, 2024.............). Good shooting though and welcome to Autumn golf and losing balls in leaves. One of the first to be affected on here (or admit to it at least) but won't be the last. We had a few close calls playing yesterday ourselves

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I played today and the weather changed 2 or 3 times per hole. My golfing ability did the same.

And waterproof socks are the best invention ever.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
What a difference 2 days can make, today I played so badly. Ended up giving up scoring and just trying to hit some good shots.

I need to do some serious work on 100 yards and in, technique and confidence are totally lacking. Right now I would be more confident of hitting the green from 160 yards than I would 60.

BiMGuy

Visit site
Someone should invent waterproof shoes so we wouldn't need them!
Great idea?

There was so much standing water in the places I was hitting my ball yesterday none of the waterproof golf shoes I've ever owned would have kept my feet dry. I'm not even sure my walking boots would have. If I wasn't playing golf and just going for a walk, I would have been wearing wellies ?.

My playing partner had on a new pair of Adidas shoes that were supposed to be waterproof. He had very wet feet.

Waterproof socks mean I can wear my summer shoes when it's wet and not have to buy a second pair.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great idea?

There was so much standing water in the places I was hitting my ball yesterday none of the waterproof golf shoes I've ever owned would have kept my feet dry. I'm not even sure my walking boots would have. If I wasn't playing golf and just going for a walk, I would have been wearing wellies ?.

My playing partner had on a new pair of Adidas shoes that were supposed to be waterproof. He had very wet feet.

Waterproof socks mean I can wear my summer shoes when it's wet and not have to buy a second pair.
Shoes still get ruined though? I know what you mean, it just bugs me that the majority of golf shoes nowadays are not good enough and people feel they need to buy waterproof socks.

BiMGuy

Visit site
Shoes still get ruined though? I know what you mean, it just bugs me that the majority of golf shoes nowadays are not good enough and people feel they need to buy waterproof socks.

I see your point.

I didn't get the socks for golf specifically. They were really for when I'm standing watching football for 3 or 4 hours on a Saturday morning. And my walking boots have started to leak very slightly when it is very wet. I don't want to replace them as they are soooooo comfortable.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Last year it got so bad that my club introduced a local rule allowing any accumulation of leaves on the fairway to be treated as ground under repair where you lost the ball and you were certain that it was in the leaves. You could find the nearest point of relief from the spot where the ball last crossed the outermost limit of the leaves and take a drop. Nothing like that this year as yet.[/QUOTE]

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

At least tell us who this “loved” mod is ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Someone should invent waterproof shoes so we wouldn't need them!

Very hard for shoes to be 100% waterproof and while the shoe itself may not allow water in (until the 12 month warranty has expired) if you go in the long grass they can let water in over the top of through the lace eyelets. I find my waterproof socks a godsend in the winter. Even if its dry there is often a heavy dew and so the rough is damp early on and the wet socks let me go where I want (usually looking for my drive) and not worry

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I played a 4 ball today in the rain, but thoroughly enjoyed it. My son (37) and I played together against a mate and a neighbour of his. I only get to play once in a blue moon with him and we both hit the ball really well and I just loved going out with him and that he played better than I've ever seen him do. We agreed a 4 handicap for his mate and in poor condition he was a joy to watch too, especially as he doesnt play regularly.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Up with the larks this morning for a sneaky round before work...

12th hole, par 5. With the soft conditions I'm a bit further back than normal and can only see the top of the flag. Yellow so middle of the green. It's a narrow approach so layup is probably the shot from this far back but it's only practice so I decide whack a 3 wood at it. Absolutely cream it, laser straight at the target - must be on the green!

Pick up clubs and walk about twenty yards forward and realise it's a bloody winter green!! :ROFLMAO: My ball is sitting pretty in the middle of the normal green about forty yards further back.

Couple of the greenkeepers were raking the fairway bunkers nearby and were very amused at my distressed outburst when I realised. :LOL:

Took a mulligan and hit another at the winter green. Duffed it...
I'm sorry Kaz but...
91d4b6df970a50b47200a2a541e09ef0e4c383ber1-362-200_00.gif