I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played the international course at the London club on a corporate day .
Some good, some bad and got 36 points.
Winning score was 46 points off 28!
Won the “beat the pro” comp with a towering 8 iron to 10 feet on the 8th.
After I spent an hour on the chipping green trying out a tip Chris aka anotherdouble gave me at FP.
AND!!!!!!

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played a 9 hole comp at a local club today. Was getting 5 shots over the 9 holes
Hit the balls brilliantly. Had 1 double, 1 bogey and 7 pars with birdie putts on all 7 of the par holes.

Made one bad swing all night which resulted in a ball going oob by a foot and ended up with a 6. So par with the second ball. Just couldn’t get any putts to drop, greens were very slow and kept leaving them in the jaws.

Really really pleased though, hit my rescue brilliantly all night and hit driver really well on the 2 holes I used it on.
I did catch a 5 iron and a 3 iron fat which was a bit annoying but they ended up okay. Should be down to 9.7, single figures back on the horizon!

D

Deleted Member 1156

Played the international course at the London club on a corporate day .
Some good, some bad and got 36 points.
Winning score was 46 points off 28!
Won the “beat the pro” comp with a towering 8 iron to 10 feet on the 8th.
After I spent an hour on the chipping green trying out a tip Chris aka anotherdouble gave me at FP.
Please do share..........??

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Today was the big one - the July medal! Well, it's not actually a big one of course, but in my two and a half years a member I've only won two comps - July medal '17 and July medal '18, so it's a big one for me! Going for the threepeat. :LOL:

Made a great start birdying the first. Second hole is the 470 yard par 4, and a I got a 5 which is I'm delighted with. The third hole I hate, and it once again rogered me like a cheap hooker - triple bogey 7 and back down to earth with a bump. Parred 4 & 5 though, then on 6 I managed to clock my first out of bounds like a prize idiot, but birdied with the second ball to rescue a 5!

Then the 7th was just ridiculous. It's a 430 yard hole, I hit only a half-decent drive so had about 200 left to go. I thought, I could go for it with the hybrid, but let's not be silly - decided to hit 7 iron for safety and pitch on with the third. Well, no need to pitch on because after a great strike with the 7, it caught a downslope and somehow ended up about 6-7 feet past the pin! I was absolutely gobsmacked. Couldn't believe it. Never one to look a gift horse in the mouth, I hole the putt for my second birdie of the day!

Parred the 8th, bit of trouble on the 9th so got out with a double bogey, but I'd still managed a 5 over gross front nine of 38, my best front nine ever on my course I think. Back nine is easier, so I thought that's it, I've got it in the bag, the threepeat is on!!

Golf had other ideas. Couldn't keep it going. Double the par 5 10th. Par 3 11th, I managed to hit this stupid overhanging pine branch off the tee so double that as well. Bogey, bogey the next two, then on the 14th I managed to hit a chip and run in completely the wrong direction into a sodding bunker. Get out of nicely, but leave the putt one inch short so that's another double. Par on the 15th, finally, still have a chance of winning maybe. 16th is tough drive where you CANNOT fade the ball... guess what I do? Fade it straight into the trouble, it clatters around some tree branches and I fear the worst. Hit provisional into the same place obviously. My mate finds a ball pretty quickly though, and it's the first one! Joy! Never found the provisional - who cares! Punched it out nicely and made 5 for bogey. 17th is a par 3, bloody topped it off the tee and end up with another double. 18th was alright, very nearly chipped in for par, stopped literally 1cm short for a tap-in bogey.

End result is that I finished with a net 66, 2 under handicap. So I still have a small chance of winning it again, certainly of winning division 2 anyway - just so frustrated at the moment that the back nine was such a struggle when I normally find it easier than the front. Hoping it hasn't cost me a third July medal on the trot! Haha.

Medal aside, as I was two under handicap I expect I'll get another cut that should take me down to 18. My goal for this year (well, last year actually but rolled over to this year when I failed) achieved. :sneaky:(y)
Well results are finally in, good news and bad news I guess.

Good news - I am a three time July Medal winner! :ROFLMAO: Albeit division 2 winner only but I'm counting it. Haha.

Bad news - and this'll teach me to count my chickens before they've hatched. CSS went down one so I only got cut to 18.5. Oh well, shouldn't be too long now. Just one more good round....

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played in a club match at Davyhulme today, for some reason I never play well here despite it being a flat pretty straightforward course, it also nearly always rains when i play there and today was not exception. I was awful, hardly anything went right and I got hammered 6&4 a day to mostly forget about.

Wolf

Visit site
Just got back from playing in our 9 hole Tuesday thrash. Low and behold with a scorecard in hand I played well for a change.

Started and finished with a bogey, throw in 6 pars & a birdie in between for a gross 37, 1 over par and 21pts.. Should have been 22 but due to stroke allowance for 9 hole comp I had to settle for a single point on the 1st. Swing starting to feel like it used to Cat 1 may be achievable at some point in the very distant future 😂

Was leading when I left but still a fair few Mexicans out on the course
Just got a very late notification that all scores are in.. Lowest gross was mine but nothing for it as stableford comp.

Got beat by 2 points, still a 0.4 cut means absolutely no change to my playing handicap but it's a move in the right direction..

Last edited:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Nothing to it Gordon. Dando just gets very very wristy. Trying to get him to chip by putting an 7 or 8 iron

For some reason I try and scoop or flick the ball but now I’m trying to keep everything like my putting action.
On the chipping green it was going
Ok but there’s no pressure to score so we’ll see how it goes this weekend when I play

Hitdaball

Visit site
Stab board comp today , blobbed 1st due to an awful lie behind a tree and some poor choices from there and another 2 due to bunkers but didn’t give in and kept fighting to finish with 34 points.

Drove as well as I have in a long time so pleased with that. Looks like 44 points is winning. That’s an 8 HCP shooting level gross.

darriusdax

Visit site
Re: I played today and......

Drove beautifully all the way round until I got to the 16th when my heavy slice reappeared out of nowhere. 4 lost balls on 16, 17 and 18 :mad:
unlucky... i get the same nonsense.. i start thinking im a good golfer and its all natural... just swing the club... and yes its just like you a big massive cut across the ball and watch it sail away lol

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Seniors knockout match today. Putting was absolutely awful, only holed one putt outside of two feet. One the other side of the coin, started to nail my irons after ten weeks of not having an idea where they were going. My opponent wasn’t at his best and won 3&1, but need to get the putting sorted.