I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
A very pleasant afternoon at Coventry Golf Club with three other vintage club players.

I was playing the Penfold International set I picked up on Monday on the way back from Forest Pines paired with a Leyland Ralph Moffitt putter.
One guy was playing MacGregor MT MT1 FC4000 irons and a mix of MacGregor persimmons.
The other guy was playing Mizuno Tour Proven TP-9 irons and Mizuno persimmons.
And the lady was playing MacGregor Louise Suggs irons and persimmons..

A very rare day for me as I played 1 under handicap, playing from the yellows I scored 83 net 70.

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Played my first ever pro-am today and played out my skin. Was nervous coming in as not been playing well as of late. Managed to bag my first ever eagle on my normal top hole 2 shot par 5 although only had 1 shot there today. Then later on hit the pin on an approach for a tap in birdie. Was just having one of them days when all bounces went in my favour for a change. Missed a par 3 by a country mile, duffed the pitch back which bounced on the path then ended up 2 foot from the pin. It got to the point the pro was laughing over my luck and was glad I was in his team not against him 😂
We worked out my solo score off my hc it would of been 41 points with a blob 😮 as a team we managed an overall 2nd place with a score of -16 so very pleased with the day to win a prize and with myself for how I played.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Club championship today, first 8 holes of the morning round steady nothing special but nothing worse than a bogey, then disaster on the short 9th and a quad bogey 7, picked up again and the played the back nine in nothing worst than bogey, the 7 was stableford adjusted and I finished in my buffer.
Onto the afternoon and front nine in 41 and a bogey on the 10th made 19 holes on the trot of just pars and bogeys...….
then it all went pear shaped, I did par 2 of the last 8 holes but also had 4 doubles and a triple, so a disappointing end to a generally decent day

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site
It was yesterday now, but was the club championships. Im a 19 handicap so was in the "Rabbits Championship".

Played reasonable, missed a few 4-6ft straight putts on the front but knew I was on or around handicap. Decided not to count my score up as i tend to overthink. Back 9, similar story, generally playing alright, hitting the ball well but a few small mistakes. 18th hole, 5 iron straight down the fairway leaving 170yards. For some reason i decided this was now the time to count up. Realised i am on for a very good score. Next step is a Steady 7 iron with the thought that anything short will leave a simple bump and run. Cue the pull onto the cart path and a huge kick out of bounds. Dropped another and duffed it up to the right of the green. Steady chip to the fringe leaving a breaking 10ft putt. Somehow managed to drop that for a double bogey 6.

Finished with an 89, nett 70. Was gutted knowing I was so close to a really good score, only to find out 70 was enough to win (If only on count back) but a win is a win and I am chuffed to bits about it !!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It was yesterday now, but was the club championships. Im a 19 handicap so was in the "Rabbits Championship".

Played reasonable, missed a few 4-6ft straight putts on the front but knew I was on or around handicap. Decided not to count my score up as i tend to overthink. Back 9, similar story, generally playing alright, hitting the ball well but a few small mistakes. 18th hole, 5 iron straight down the fairway leaving 170yards. For some reason i decided this was now the time to count up. Realised i am on for a very good score. Next step is a Steady 7 iron with the thought that anything short will leave a simple bump and run. Cue the pull onto the cart path and a huge kick out of bounds. Dropped another and duffed it up to the right of the green. Steady chip to the fringe leaving a breaking 10ft putt. Somehow managed to drop that for a double bogey 6.

Finished with an 89, nett 70. Was gutted knowing I was so close to a really good score, only to find out 70 was enough to win (If only on count back) but a win is a win and I am chuffed to bits about it !!!
Lesson well learned and let the score take care of itself. Well done and as you say a win is a win

Wolf

Visit site
Played 9 holes with a couple guys that fancied a wander. Played army golf on the 1st hole holing out for a double. Then put a good score together with back to back birdies at 5 & 6 should've had a third in a row at 7th but lipped out. Waited for nearly 10mins on the 9th tee to tee off, lot a bit of focus and bogied the hole to finish +1 for 9holes. Very happy with that today.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
tie last night, giving away 6 shots. didn't start well. wind was a strong easterly so took 3 wood off the tee. short of the bunkers. Orikoru'd my PW into the deep rough. not much better on the next. so was 2 down after 2. Birdied 3 and 4 to get back to AQ, but then just threw shots away.

Nice lad, hit his drives a fair way past me and didn't miss a putt inside 10 feet.. lost 3 and 2.

downside was after getting past a 4 ball with caddies on the 6th, we caught a 3 ball with caddies on the 9th tee, all hit, then all hit a provisional while we stood there, made no eye contact and went off on there way. it took us just over and hour to play the front 9 (which included the 10 min wait for them on the 9th tee) but two and a half to play seven holes. which included waiting on every tee and on every other shot before having to stand on the back tee while they played from the daily tee's in front of us on all those holes.

Last edited:

Wolf

Visit site
Just got back from playing in our 9 hole Tuesday thrash. Low and behold with a scorecard in hand I played well for a change.

Started and finished with a bogey, throw in 6 pars & a birdie in between for a gross 37, 1 over par and 21pts.. Should have been 22 but due to stroke allowance for 9 hole comp I had to settle for a single point on the 1st. Swing starting to feel like it used to Cat 1 may be achievable at some point in the very distant future 😂

Was leading when I left but still a fair few Mexicans out on the course

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Played the international course at the London club on a corporate day .
Some good, some bad and got 36 points.
Winning score was 46 points off 28!
Won the “beat the pro” comp with a towering 8 iron to 10 feet on the 8th.
After I spent an hour on the chipping green trying out a tip Chris aka anotherdouble gave me at FP.

Wolf

Visit site
Played the international course at the London club on a corporate day .
Some good, some bad and got 36 points.
Winning score was 46 points off 28!
Won the “beat the pro” comp with a towering 8 iron to 10 feet on the 8th.
After I spent an hour on the chipping green trying out a tip Chris aka anotherdouble gave me at FP.
Decent scoring round there mate, good play that