I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mixed bag today. It was the 'Club Day' comp which I suppose is a major since the entry fee is higher, ha. Medal play. Traffic accident on the way there so we just barely made it for our tee time. Rushed into the first tee, no warm-up, 6 iron.. stuck in two feet from the pin! Round of applause from the ladies' group who were waiting behind. Missed the putt but whatever.

Was going along quite nicely, played the front nine to handicap which was good as I often struggle on the front nine. Was still ticking along nicely until the 13th, easiest hole on the course by stroke index - the shanks returned and I card an 8. Nice par on the next hole but the damage was done. Ended up with with a score of 92, which is net +3, so not bad overall, but a simple bogey on the easiest hole would have seen me level. Oh well.

My irons are so random at the minute. Generally the strike is getting better, but then the shanks come back in, and it's never one shank it always seems to be two on the same hole. If I don't shank it, the strike seems to be really good, and I hit a few crackers today onto greens. It's just ridiculous really. Seems like every iron is a coin toss and it's on my mind.

New 23° hybrid was good, first time in the bag - only hit it once and found the green from 180 which is exactly what it's for! Lovely.

Also got given some prizes for a comp that happened back in November. Apparently I came 2nd in division 2 and won some shot glasses with the Haste Hill badge on, and two sleeves of Pro v1s. Which I probably won't use.

Oh and my mate who plays off 31 had a really good round, on his birthday, finished with a 97 and will be getting cut to 30 I should think, so well chuffed for him, long overdue.

D

Deleted member 3432

NR for me in club championship qualifier.

Utter dross, should be able to shoot 80 playing poorly but that was well beyond me today.
Starting the back 9 treble, double, treble and then in trouble on the next was enough for ball in pocket and keep out of the way of my 3 playing partners who were playing proper golf, two of them sub par rounds.

At the moment when I'm off my game I have no way of keeping the score respectable as I'm in either heather or gorse.

Oh well.....

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Blew it today. Decided to bench the driver even though we were right off the back stones.
Hit 3 wood all day and stood on the last with 34 points. Par would surely see me qualify for the big final on Wednesday. Topped it and made my only double of the day. Finished with 35.
Probably wont be enough to qualify although we all have a 2nd chance at it again tomorrow.

Course was in great shape. Greens lightening and true. Rough was tough. Light rain all day. Very little wind but tough with the length.

Gutted with that finish. :(

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
We played a Golf Scotland Texas Scramble at Downfield today, the course was excellent as was the company, CABBY included :love:. A long course of the whites par 73
Leaders in the clubhouse net 65.5 when we left :love:, but sadly:eek::p we were only the 2nd game out :LOL:. RIP Cabby gone but not forgotten.:devilish::ROFLMAO:
We played the first event this year @ Eyemouth won it by 0.2.

A steady round today, the midweek practice session seems to have helped. Knocked it round in -1 gross. SSS was at +2 when I left so might sneak to 2.8.
Still struggling with reading the greens, seeing break and then the balls never moves off line. Driving me a little nuts and keeping me from some serious scores.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played at the Kibworth GC Invitation Day thanks to GG26, 4BBB Stableford off 90%, we came in with 35 points, a couple of nil pointers which you can't do in this format.

Mike played well but I had an awful day with woods from the tee, playing the Walter Hagens which are usually pretty reliable.
Also in the bag were the Swilken Eric Brown 3-10 irons, the Ben Sayers Moon Shot putter for the front nine and the Bronty Silver Knight putter for the back nine.

Thanks Mike, really enjoyed the day and the course.

View attachment 27318View attachment 27319View attachment 27320

It was a pleasure Nick and glad you enjoyed the course. You hit some lovely iron shots today.

I think you are being very generous saying that I played well. It was a real mixed bag today, some good shots, but much rubbish too. I've lost the good form I had a few weeks ago.

Good a lesson booked to see if I can get the form back again before a run of qualifiers start in June.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We played the first event this year @ Eyemouth won it by 0.2.

A steady round today, the midweek practice session seems to have helped. Knocked it round in -1 gross. SSS was at +2 when I left so might sneak to 2.8.
Still struggling with reading the greens, seeing break and then the balls never moves off line. Driving me a little nuts and keeping me from some serious scores.

First world problems . Haha. Keep it going :)

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Read my game the last rites after last weekends shameful exhibition but a half hour lesson this afternoon saw it resuscitated in some style. Nice little 9 holes afterwards, 1 over par including a hole out 9 iron for eagle. Even looked a bit like a golfer again... Played this poxy game for 35 years and it still baffles the life out of me. Nothing quite like it.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tale of 2 days for me, Stableford comp at my club, played awful, lucky to manage 29 points, then played in an open at Warrington, played well 37 points including 2 unfortunate blobs.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
35 points (ie bang on handicap) in the qualifying round of our Presidents Prize comp (top 16 go through the matchplay knockout phase). Was in 6th place when I left, but the afternoon contingent still had to post their scores, and I don't know the results from Friday. Hopeful - 35 is usually good enough to just get in. Really pleased with my drives, and played some really great iron shots, and generally did pretty well. But, for second game running, just 3 poor shots (and some indifferent putting) caused enough trouble to prevent an OK round from being a really good one. Somehow just got to lose that handful of cr*p shots...

D

Deleted member 1147

Played my 3rd qualifier of the season, still very rusty and incredibly frustrating.
Managed my 3rd consecutive 77, which is the white course’s SSS.
So not too bad.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Was +1 through 8. Lost ball on par 3 9th ended up with a 5. Followed that with 2 Bogies and a treble. 20 points on the front 16 on the back for a +10 handicap round.

So frustrating 5 shots dropped of the 10 on 2 holes.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Can’t see the point in playing as I’m waiting for my new sticks, so spent 90 mins working on my driving following a tip from my club fitter yesterday.
It feels so wrong and unnatural but so far the results are amazing.

D

Deleted member 16999

Utter, utter dog turd, still can’t play with a card in my hand and the shanks are back!:unsure:
Still a lovely day on the course in good company.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
4bbb summer knockout today and it was unusual for me in that it was the first time I've had to give 11 shots to anyone as a 12 handicapper. I guess the handicapping is accurate as we went down the 19th hole where I fortunately hit the drive of the day, had 76 yards to the pin and stiffed it to 2 foot for a win

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Grumpy. Very annoyed too. One of my PP's in the competition was chatting and saying he flew in from Malaga late last night. He wasn't playing great and on the 7th as I was about to play my second picked up his ball and declared he'd had enough and was going back to bed. My other PP and I said you can't do that, words were exchanged and he got in his buggy and drove off. I snap hooked my second OOB and didn't score, screwed the next as I was fuming. I had made a mess of the 6th (my own fault courtesy of a poor bunker shot) so three consecutive no scores. Still got it round in 32 points so I was pleased how I came back and once I got my head back on played well including 19 on the back nine