I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Didn’t play but hit the range.
The driver is well and truly on the naughty step but the 3 wood is going well.
Developed a pull/hook with the irons which is annoying.
Spent 2 hours on the chipping area and that still going ok

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
9 holes straight from the school run. 8 over thru 6 I then went par par birdie.

Stooopid game. Have forgotten how to hit a full iron 😭😭

D

Deleted member 15344

Captains Away Day today at Berkhampsted GC - great course , a lot better than its neighbour Ashridge , greens in great condition. Lovely warm sun and went round in a respectable 38 points to just miss out on the prizes

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Vets league match today, I was in some difficult positions, the ones where you have to play a lifetime best shot and they pretty much all came off - if only it was always like that 😁

The best was a par 3 where I pull hooked it way left, there were 2 tall trees, long grass, a greenside bunker on to a narrow green to contend with. I opened the 56* wedge up, swung as hard as I could, got massive height over the tree for a soft landing on the green and sunk the 5 foot putt to win the hole.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Vets league match today, I was in some difficult positions, the ones where you have to play a lifetime best shot and they pretty much all came off - if only it was always like that 😁

The best was a par 3 where I pull hooked it way left, there were 2 tall trees, long grass, a greenside bunker on to a narrow green to contend with. I opened the 56* wedge up, swung as hard as I could, got massive height over the tree for a soft landing on the green and sunk the 5 foot putt to win the hole.
Best 12 handicapper in the world......:rolleyes:

Wolf

Visit site
I played today at Woburn on the Duchess course with fellow forumers, Andy and Piers from me and may golf, and with EWEN Ferguson off the challenge tour what a course and great day now best go write a lengthy review as there was so much going on.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not playing well but rather than bash balls (as it seems to go well in practice) I've been out on the course trying to play through it. Got there early last night so played 6 holes on the front nine (1-3 and 7-9) with the idea of playing supper club on the back nine. HID turned up as she's loving the chance to do some walking in the sun at the moment as part of her 10k steps per day but only one guy around so couldn't enter the comp but we played the back anyway. Started off terribly and all the issues manifesting but eventually got it to a semblance of normality where I could nobble it round. The other guy off 9 went round in +3 gross so very happy. Managed to grab some supper club grub so not a bad night.

Anyone else finding the same thing about practicing OK and then struggling. Is it best to keep playing or try and get something in practice to click first?

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Super day yesterday, went for a knock at my former club, well it's cheap. I thought I'd do a check on myself and record some stuff I don't usually (ever). 38 round the front nine. 4 greens in reg. 17 putts. Back nine scrambled the first five including a birdie, then poof! Driver went off, back foot lifting off the gound and wild hooks. Never done this before. Last four were poor ending in 45. 1 GIR and 15 putts.

Does 32 putts sound ok? I thought I putted amazingly well.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Strokeplay comp yesterday. Was going along really well and heading for a good score when disaster struck on the par 4 16th and took a 10!

Ended up with a net 75, but thankfully CSS was 71 so no 0.1 for me.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Funny old game, but very pleasant in today's weather.
8 of 13 fairways but only 6 of 18 greens, couple that with 36 putts and that equates to a bang average score.
Two birdies, which was nice and a lovely pint of Guinness afterwards.
Oh, my shoes were awesome! :whistle:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Another nine after work in a cold and brisk breeze. Hit some balls first on the range but didn't really find anything to lift my current mood of despair with my game. Went out on the back nine, boomed a great drive, pushed and 8 iron and chipped and putted for par. Couple of net pars and a poor tee shot on the 13th and 14th but then started hitting ok again. Still not sure where my swing is when I play each shot but finding a way to get it round. Still a long way from where I want my game to be

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played Boat of Garten yesterday with two members.

beautiful day, prob as hot there as i can get even in Aug. played very well on the front, 9 level par, was absolutely terrible on the back 9, couple of shermans and could not get the ball to the hole on the greens either.

Greens were very very slow, even with the high temps we have had, growing season there is late. enjoyable day though

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
puller medal today, these are the ones you play with your mates as apposed to drawn.

my two mates didn't want to play in it as it was lashing it down, so i didnt either, played for a £1 to the lowest score... sods law shot 73 Gross;( and had two 2's serves me right

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Busy week. Played the club single KO on Monday, shot about a 77 (6 over) to get through but it was a fight; -1 gross through the first 5 had me at all square :eek: Today was a play off for a 4BBB board comp, shot about a 73 today including a double to win that (y)

So with 2 rounds like that, how the hell did I score a massive 52 points from 36 holes in a midweek society meeting? :oops:

Bloody game. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played at the Kibworth GC Invitation Day thanks to GG26, 4BBB Stableford off 90%, we came in with 35 points, a couple of nil pointers which you can't do in this format.

Mike played well but I had an awful day with woods from the tee, playing the Walter Hagens which are usually pretty reliable.
Also in the bag were the Swilken Eric Brown 3-10 irons, the Ben Sayers Moon Shot putter for the front nine and the Bronty Silver Knight putter for the back nine.

Thanks Mike, really enjoyed the day and the course.

Eric Brown face and back.jpgBen Sayers Moon Shot face.jpgBronty Silver Knight face.jpg