I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
We had a foursomes yesterday, a qualifier for a Count Event, they are not everyone's cup of tea but I enjoy them, I am still playing well but my usually reliable partner had an off day, but we still manged 3rd place and will play in the regional final.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Fragger made another guest appearance today. Good banter but not much good golf.
Did Fragger win?
Nah!!
Got our early and good job too.

Very busy with 4s going out before 2s and 3s plus a medal day of a 4 day comp
Some of them won't beat 5 hours today..

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
First round of the club knockout today. Played an 8 handicapper who hardly put a foot wrong. I was three down after 8, but won the next three to get back to all square. Then had my two bad holes, 1 down playing the last a par 5 and my opponent was just 8 ft away in three and had to concede 2 down. I worked out that I would have scored 38 points, he scored 73 gross (6 under). At least I went out playing well, but some round from my opponent.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I marked a card in our annual bogey comp. Played crap and would have been 8 down to the course. Wasn't feeling 100% and couldn't get into it. Some good shots amongst the dross. Playing my first round tomorrow and hoping it'll be a lot better

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I went to a course but can't say that I played golf.

Kings Lynn Golf Club, scored 20 points (that's for the 18 holes).

Now for the excuses.
I'd not played the course before.
I was playing a Dunlop 65, 1.62" ball that must be at least 30 years old.
I forgot my GPS watch so was estimating from the 150 and 100 discs.
I putted like a donkey.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Played semi of the winter league, and disappointingly lost to the last putt on the last hole. Good match and when we were one up playing the 16th both with a shot, thought we were in the driving seat. Birdie, birdie, par finish from opponents saw us lose one down. We played the last eight holes in par, but opponents were three under. Didn’t feel we lost the match, rather they won it.

Interesting pin position on 18. Opponents birdie putt went about six feet past, which should have left a treacherous down hill breaking putt. That was until the ball rolled back to the hole to within three feet. Never seen the pin so far back on the green.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
First qualifier of the season today. Struggled to get it going on the front nine, but a four pointer on 8 got me to halfway on 16 pts. Much better back nine, but failed to score on 18 leaving a total of 35 pts.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Slightly mixed feelings right now. I got 34 points, 16 x 2 and 2 x 1. Very solid. However I played well tee to green, short game was tight, putting wasn't bad, it should have been a 40 point day. Why wasn't it? Greens had been hollow tined, heavily sanded and something else I don't know. It was like putting on sandy corrugated iron and that cost me. It was a nearly great day, instead it was a very enjoyable good day.

The real upside, I managed to put into practice what I had my lesson on 3 weeks ago. What a difference. Now to do it again........

D

Deleted member 16999

Miserable, down in the dumps, as predicted, my career as a single figure golfer ended today, 9.2 last week, 3rd Ind Stab in 8 days and I’m back to 9.5.

Playing awful golf, now need to work on getting back to single figures. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Wasn't happy with yesterday's round and had a free day today so I went down to Nine of Herts, a scrappy local nine-holer with five par 4s and four par 3s. Played really well! Finished only 7 over par with my main ball. I hit two balls on the par 3s and one of the par 4s, and the second ball was two shots better overall on those holes. Then I got 25 balls out on the driving range before I left, and hit them beautifully as well, especially with the hybrid which was fantastic to see. So now I'm feeling great about my golf and feeling like it's in a good place, which means I'll inevitably shoot 100 next time. o_O

Good to hear !!

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I went to a course but can't say that I played golf.

Kings Lynn Golf Club, scored 20 points (that's for the 18 holes).

Now for the excuses.
I'd not played the course before.
I was playing a Dunlop 65, 1.62" ball that must be at least 30 years old.
I forgot my GPS watch so was estimating from the 150 and 100 discs.
I putted like a donkey.

The 1.62 ball makes all the difference - I remember Tadmarton Heath last year!

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Back from 2 weeks on holiday and no golf so played on Thursday and started with one point per hole for six holes. That all changed to finish with 23 points over the last 12. Then 38 points on Friday. Nothing special but pretty steady eventually.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bogey comp today. Hate the things but it’s the only qualifier this weekend. So, in for the win.
2 lost balls off the first tee without a bad swing. First missed the fairway by 3yrds, middle stumped a tree never to be found again. Lost the 2nd in the rough.
Ground out the rest of the round to shoot level for the remaining 17 holes. Finished 1up on the course.

One thing to be said, how bloody far in the ball flying again. Had a couple of 210yrd carry 4 irons off the fairway. That’s 10-15yrds more carry than normal. Had a couple of 145yrd pitching wedges too.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Miserable, down in the dumps, as predicted, my career as a single figure golfer ended today, 9.2 last week, 3rd Ind Stab in 8 days and I’m back to 9.5.

Playing awful golf, now need to work on getting back to single figures. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
It gives you something to strive for. You'd obviously lost drive once you joined the glory boys of single figure, namby pamby, elite golf 😁.

At least your handicap still starts with a 9 👍

Jay-Marie

Medal Winner
Visit site
Todays comp Medal 7 - shot net 70 on par 69. Felt like i played shocking left so many shots out there dread to think what I had of come in with if those putts had of dropped lol No reduction today, don't think i could of coped with two reductions in the same week lol

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Easter scramble, Driver was broken - 3 of 13 were ok. Irons were on fire, 3 of 4 par 3’s were good, wedge on 2nd to 6 feet. 5i from 179 on our 9th to about 10 feet, 4i from 189 up our 15th to 4 feet. 6i on the first from 175 to 8 feet. Full Wedge on the third to 3 feet. Chipping and putting was reasonable. Can’t believe how bad the driver was....

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Easter scramble, Driver was broken - 3 of 13 were ok. Irons were on fire, 3 of 4 par 3’s were good, wedge on 2nd to 6 feet. 5i from 179 on our 9th to about 10 feet, 4i from 189 up our 15th to 4 feet. 6i on the first from 175 to 8 feet. Full Wedge on the third to 3 feet. Chipping and putting was reasonable. Can’t believe how bad the driver was....

Are you still using the Cobra you were fitted for ...................................... all those years ago?
I am!