I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

D

Deleted member 21258

The course has gone from soft to almost summer hard in about 2 weeks and its roasting, went though the back of six greens, didn't get up/down once and only 1 putt all round:oops:

Noticed after hitting a unusually high flighted 3 wood its face is collapsing in and the fatigued metal is cracking so lofting the face up. Scrap head:cry:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
As it was nice I popped to the golf course a short stroll down the road from where we’ve got our caravan and... sat in the sun, had some lunch and 2 pints of curious brew lager before walking back

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Swing rebuild going well, worsening joints not but had more good holes than bad again. Will call that a win. Nice being out in near perfect conditions 👍

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The course has gone from soft to almost summer hard in about 2 weeks and its roasting, went though the back of six greens, didn't get up/down once and only 1 putt all round:oops:

Noticed after hitting a unusually high flighted 3 wood its face is collapsing in and the fatigued metal is cracking so lofting the face up. Scrap head:cry:
How long have you had that club to wear it out??

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Had a productive day on the course today but ended in frustration.

The good news was I shot a +3 74. The bad news arrived when I went to put my scores in. it transpired that the comp today was only a 9 hole comp. The winner would qualify to play some GUI thing. the full 18 hole Stapleford would then be non Q and prizes for top 3.

Ended up coming 4th in that and got a measly 0.2 cut for me effort. 19 out 22 in.

Have to say I am gutted as I really dug in on the back 9.

No one in our group was aware it was only a 9 hole comp. why they didn't have it last night I do not know. it did state 9 hole at the top of our sign in sheet but we didnt notice.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
A hastily arranged club match today after a mess up with the dates and Ellesmere were playing at Blackley this afternoon. I had an odd game, I only had 1 par but did have 3 birdies and won my game on the 16th but then we lost 3 on the row so needed the last 3 players win and they all duely obliged each wining on the 18th included one girl who was 4 down with 5 to play and won them all.

The shame is that none of those 3 will play in the next round, as the normal team will be available and the rules say you must play your lowest handicappers available.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Had a productive day on the course today but ended in frustration.

The good news was I shot a +3 74. The bad news arrived when I went to put my scores in. it transpired that the comp today was only a 9 hole comp. The winner would qualify to play some GUI thing. the full 18 hole Stapleford would then be non Q and prizes for top 3.

Ended up coming 4th in that and got a measly 0.2 cut for me effort. 19 out 22 in.

Have to say I am gutted as I really dug in on the back 9.

No one in our group was aware it was only a 9 hole comp. why they didn't have it last night I do not know. it did state 9 hole at the top of our sign in sheet but we didnt notice.

Ha! Well you believed you had a comp card in your pocket for 18, and made a proper score so plenty of positives. The moment on the score entry device must have been priceless!

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Decided late last night to head out early for a solo 18 holes this morning, the good form continued with a 78, including bogies at 16, 17 & 18... 🤯

Need to get sharper from 100yds, and take some of the chances I have myself from 10-15ft.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Second round of the bogey competition. Was crap in the warm up and technique and timing clearly had headed early to the coast to bag a deck chair and it continued on the course. I was rubbish from start, par a par at the first for a win (even then I snap hooked the tee shot and had to roll in a 15 footer). After that it was so poor. Fortunately its a non-qualifier

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Had a shocker. Played just terribly. Ball striking was just rubbish, driving off, touch of an idiot.

40 points in the swindle.

How does that work?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Bogey Comp, finished 5 down.

Very disappointed with the 15th hole, at which stage I felt I was rallying and had a good chance of making buffer at least, two decent shots left just an 80 yard SW to the par 5 but all that filled my head were negative thoughts, quit on it and hit it weakly into the pond.

Such thoughts happen a lot and I guess the only way to shake them is to start hitting good shots more regularly.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Medal comp yesterday. Shot 84 (first sub-85 round of my life) for a net 60! Had my first eagle as well, driving our short, downhill par 4 and holing the putt. SSS is 65 so that should see me down to 22, and I think I win the comp to boot :)
Great shooting. Not sure which is the greatest achievement, the win, the cut, the new low score or the first eagle. Great days golfing

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Played in midweek medal. First time in months off the whites. Driving average, irons awful, a lot of near shanks, chipping ok, and putting good. First time out with new P2 putter grip. Wow, putting was actually a pleasure, which has not been the case for years.

38 points which was leading when I left the club. Should get a nice cut, so game on Anotherdouble !!

Probably not best time to get a cut two days before semi final of winter league. My partner is not a happy man.
Results finally in, and a nice little win. Also a 0.8 handicap cut, so back to 10.7.