I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a day off as recovery from the weekend in Cardiff, went for 18 holes on my own. Weather was great, bit breezy but the sun was out. Knocked it round alright, got a pretty decent 37 points (89 gross). Course was bone dry, lots of roll, made me kind of excited that summer is just round the corner. Only took me 2 hours 35 to get round as the course was pretty empty, only caught one pair on the 12th and they let me play through straight away. As usual the back nine was much better with 21 of the points coming there. Driving was good, putting good, irons decent, not much to complain about really.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Had a day off as recovery from the weekend in Cardiff, went for 18 holes on my own. Weather was great, bit breezy but the sun was out. Knocked it round alright, got a pretty decent 37 points (89 gross). Course was bone dry, lots of roll, made me kind of excited that summer is just round the corner. Only took me 2 hours 35 to get round as the course was pretty empty, only caught one pair on the 12th and they let me play through straight away. As usual the back nine was much better with 21 of the points coming there. Driving was good, putting good, irons decent, not much to complain about really.
Just got to keep that going with card and pencil in hand. Decent showing though buddy and always great when its millionaire golf

D

Deleted Member 1156

Just getting into the season, played my first midweek Medal at Dunbar. Shot 42 on the front 9 into the wind then surprised myself by coming home in 34 after parring all 9 holes, something I've never done before. 76 shots CSS 72,
not bad for a 66years old.
I played with a 74 year old guy last week who shot a 1 under par 71, very impressive to watch (y)

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Out this morning with a new member who was previously a single figure county player but who hasn't played for 3 years except for 9 holes last week, it was very interesting seeing how she played, she hit some great shots, got on one of our par 5s in 2, and putted and chipped well, but she hit some awful shots too. Only to be expected I guess but I am sure it wont be many games before she is more consistent and scoring well.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Played in midweek medal. First time in months off the whites. Driving average, irons awful, a lot of near shanks, chipping ok, and putting good. First time out with new P2 putter grip. Wow, putting was actually a pleasure, which has not been the case for years.

38 points which was leading when I left the club. Should get a nice cut, so game on Anotherdouble !!

Probably not best time to get a cut two days before semi final of winter league. My partner is not a happy man.

Jay-Marie

Medal Winner
Visit site
Nice cut. Well played. Shame about the 9th. Are you leading
Hi Homer, Yes i am currently leading 2 people thought they were going to win having both come in with 40 (which you would normally expect to win) waiting for the last 2 peoples scores to be entered before comp is closed.

9th was horrible hit wayward tee shot, took relief from standing water, hit 2nd and rolled off the side into bunker, got up onto green and 3 putted :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Went out for a practice round this evening, trying to concentrate on preventing body sway which I'm sure is the cause of my very inconsistent ball striking.
Kept to the plan for most of the round and scored 84 for 36 points, although off the yellow SSS that's still over my handicap. What I was also pleased with were my wedges from 50 to 80 yards, a weakness in my game over recent months but this evening they were pretty good.

Whoops! Nearly forgot, what you're all no doubt most interested in is what clubs I played:

1 wood - Walter Hagen The Haig laminated
2 wood - Slazenger persimmon
3 wood - Mizuno White Fang graphite :eek:
2 iron - Bronty Tournament
Irons 3 to PW - Slazenger Jack Nicklaus $1m
SW - Craigton Neil Coles
Putter - John Letters "Special"

1555532937315.png1555533106255.png
1555533340998.png1555533157511.png1555533197278.png1555533278861.png

Last edited:

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
What the ****

9 hole roll up and it was as though I’d never swung a club before. So bad I genuinely considered giving up. 11 points

Chunked chips, bladed chips, chunked shots into the green, bladed shots into the green. Spend 3 hours practicing on Monday.... for what?

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Enjoyable ‘works outing’ today @ Gullane Nr 3. Wind was a gentle breeze which was a blessing. Greens top class as usual and scary quick in places. Managed to avoid any double bogies which was pleasing and kept the gross to an acceptable 77. (Par68). Good fun.

Visit site
9-hole competition; 20 points
Was actually playing OK (for me) but a tad careless in some shortish chips/pitches and 2 putted every green; 2 pars but trebles at 8 & 9 really did me - 2 pulled irons = 1 OOB and 1 in the lake!

My target of being <20 before my 4-day Machrihanish excursion in June is under threat
Planning to play in Saturdays weekend 18-hole comp so here's hoping I can play a bit more tidily

NearHull

Visit site
Played Lindrick yesterday in Seniors BB Stableford. Fairways are still recovering from last years drought but an excellent course. Most scores around 36 to 39. But won by an 48 points - unbelievable! (We had 38)

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
For the first time ever, represented the club in a County competition. (A pairs better ball, knockout comp for players with h/c of 13-18). At first, couldn't get the ball away decently off the tee and generally struggled. Fortunately, partner played well and got us to 2up. They got back to square at the 10th. After that, l played a lot better, and although l say it myself, played some pretty decent short irons into greens. I managed to win 12,13 & 15 to go three up and got the half on 16 to take the match 3&2. But playing as the club's representative, doesn't half add a degree of extra tension to things.?

Really looking forward to the next round, as depending on who wins their match, it could be at Walton Heath.