I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Played today in the Friday swindle. 44 points, again, came second to a 45 off 21. I marked his card. I took £3 off him in 50p bits, and we halved the match on 18. My partner had 34, and his 38, so I think I did well enough. Two consecutive 44s, although two weeks apart.
Playing tomorrow, 45 or bust. Probably bust.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yesterday was our weekly 12 hole winter competition, I played well tee to green but nothing dropped I had 23 putts and I scored 25 points, compare that to last when I didn't play as well but everything dropped and I only had 14 putts for 31 points.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Well, the end of an era.
No more Imurg vs Fragger write-ups ( thank God says everyone)
In keeping with the request from Hobbit, Fragger was pulverised once more.
Foot on throat, dagger in heart - you know the stuff...

Another scrappy front 9(13) followed by a solid back 9(18) with back to back birdies on 13 and 14..
Stupid game.
Nothing better than ending this golfing era with your brother in the normal way. Sad we'll not have these regular updates and clinging on to the desperate hope he could manage a win (bit like Fulham) but hope he gets himself sorted and you can get some regular golf together somewhere soon

D

Deleted member 17920

Played 9 after work. Wish I didn’t bother 😡

Played nothing like I did last weekend.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Got off work at 3 and straight to the course to join two boys for their back 9. Literally as I hit my first shot, it started raining. Brolly up the whole time.

Played decent and rolled in some lovely 10 footers. Been putting a bit on the carpet at home this week. Feeling the confidence with the flat stick come back. The seemore must also know I am trawling eBay looking at trying other putters. You can never have too many anyway.

D

Deleted member 21258

Finished early and teed off just after 4pm. Course empty, bring on the hour change. Played with son/wife, son is off to st Andrews for a 3 day college comp, played 16 holes, golf was shocking but great to be out there again.

4 holes were with light up balls, they feel and sound like hitting a marble but are brilliant to keep going once dusk means a ball can not be seen. Thanks mum for the Christmas pressie.:ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 21258

Well, the end of an era.
No more Imurg vs Fragger write-ups ( thank God says everyone)
In keeping with the request from Hobbit, Fragger was pulverised once more.
Foot on throat, dagger in heart - you know the stuff...

Another scrappy front 9(13) followed by a solid back 9(18) with back to back birdies on 13 and 14..
Stupid game.

Sad day I'm sure, have always enjoyed reading the lastest game update, especially when Fragger wins.

D

Deleted member 16999

Just rubbish today, first off at 7:25, too early, well that’s my excuse ;)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a club match today. Bit of an odd format where every individual's Stableford score counts and they all get added together. We had a shocking start and thought we were going to get thumped, but we pulled it together and ended up drawing the home leg. 32 (me) & 30 v 32 & 30. Unfortunately our away team lost 30 & 30 to 35 & 30.

I played reasonably well, just some silly errors costing me shots. Missed a couple of putts, also holed a couple of great ones, my putting ability varied wildly throughout the day. Worst moment was a 4 putt on the 17th, can't remember the last time I did that. :cry: Hit the driver well though, irons weren't bad and some of my chipping was excellent.

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played today and wished I hadn't.

Over the past 6 weeks I've probably played some of the best and consistent golf I've ever played. Pretty much every round has been 4-5 shots under my handicap. So looking forward to a good medal today.

Show up early to hit some balls on the range as i need to loosen up my back before a round as it gets tight. Still striking it lovely, even the drivers behaving. Hit a few putts, good pace and rolling end over end.

My PP shows up and we head to the tee. Massive queue on the 1st and 10th. So after 40 mins wait we eventually tee off and by then my back had tightened right up.

Tee'd off on 10th, short par 3 and hit an OK shot to the front of the green but my back is really tight now.

We then proceed to wait on every shot and my game has now completely gone. I just can't get through the ball without my back hurting. After over 2 1/2 hours we get to the 18th and my backs in bits and have to ask my PP if it's OK if we call it off, which he's happy to, as he's having a mare anyway.

Feel pretty peeved now. Sitting here 6 hrs later and my back is killing me.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Nairn Dunbar Medal today, as i'm not a full members not allowed to win, but can still go in the twos and sweep. played pretty well, left a few out there as putting was quite tricky, 74 gross.

course was right on its full length (6770) with all of the tee's at the very very back of every tee, it was a shock to the system thats for sure, first was a drive and 2 hybrid, last few games its been drive and flick, i suspect the head greens keeper didn't get laid last night;)

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Nairn Dunbar Medal today, as i'm not a full members not allowed to win, but can still go in the twos and sweep. played pretty well, left a few out there as putting was quite tricky, 74 gross.

course was right on its full length (6770) with all of the tee's at the very very back of every tee, it was a shock to the system thats for sure, first was a drive and 2 hybrid, last few games its been drive and flick, i suspect the head greens keeper didn't get laid last night;)

Well played Patrick. Any idea on CSS yet?

I struggled today, because of poor fitness, and lost out on first place on count back. My distances were dialled in today but 3 thoughtless putts spoilt it.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Well played Patrick. Any idea on CSS yet?

I struggled today, because of poor fitness, and lost out on first place on count back. My distances were dialled in today but 3 thoughtless putts spoilt it.
Unfortunately Brian its was a NQ.... not used my 2 hybrid on 2nd shots as much as i did today for a while, real shock to the system