I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Wolf

Visit site
Enjoy it and make sure you do it as often as you can (not just Christmas). I lost my dad way back in 2003 and really miss not being able to play golf with him anymore and regret not making more of an effort to drag him out before it was too late
I intend to Homer it felt really good being out there with him and almost felt like a boy again with him smiling when I hit good shots and offering kind words on the bad. Something I intend to do a lot more often

D

Deleted Member 1156

Not quite 'I played today and...' but......

Just returned from the club after taking my 5 year old grandson to try out his birthday present of a set of Golphin Clubs. This was his first time with 'proper' clubs and it was a great hour with him. We found a quiet corner of the practice area and he hit his SW, 7i and Driver - all from tee peg. Only instruction that I tried to give him was to position his hands in the correct order. Thirty minutes later his right hand became too cold for him (he was wearing glove on his left hand) and we went in for a coffee. Then out onto the practice chipping/putting green for another 20 minutes.
He did well and connected with about 50% of his attempts on the practice area and really enjoyed the putting green. When I asked him if he'd enjoyed it he wanted to come everyday and said can we come tomorrow, when I replied that it was Christmas Day and there could be better things to do, he was disappointed.
I've been reading this forum for a few years now and never felt the need to contribute until now - just needed to tell someone how good it was this morning.

Now for the hard bit of how to balance encouraging him without going over the top. He is due to start group lessons with the assistant pros next year.
Excellent story, my eldest grandson is 4 and I'm hoping to get him started soon.

And welcome aboard 👍

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Tee off in half an hour it's already 30 degrees, gonna be another hot one
Need a coffee hit before warm up....

35 points (with three blobs for those who love that stat)

Round was saved by a run of five 3 pointers in the six holes on 2nd nine

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Boxing Day scramble; a bogey on 18 was a little disappointing but the 7 pars and 10 birdies that went with it were enough for the win. :) Good team effort too; everyone contributed pretty evenly, no passengers which is nice.

D

Deleted member 17920

Had a fantastic round at Pitlochry today.

Never played there before and was very impressed for the time of year.

It was the 1st full round of golf I have played with my lad for 3 years so it was just a joy to be out there with him.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Nice 9 holes with last years captain and his son-in-law and then a couple of hours practice. All very good and constructive apart from bunkers which have gone off the boil. Short game, including off bare muddy lies rather good. Bet it doesn't last until tomorrow.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
just managed 9 this afternoon because of a big men's Shotgun this morning, hit the ball really well and was just one over gross wrong time of the year though sadly

D

Deleted member 16999

18 holes, 40 points, course very quiet, took jumper off as too warm, not a breath of wind, 27th December? Felt more like 27th May!

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Only on the range but first hit for a while for various reasons. Started off incinsistently then remembered a little nugget of advice from off here (from Homer I think) - focus on a single dimple - then started flushing it 👍👍

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
My brother and I went out for a 2-ball Texas Scramble.
We were 8 over gross, which I thought was pretty good considering the fog was thick and 14 greens were invisible when taking our approach shots and we couldn't see the pins until we were almost on the greens.
We have handicaps of 17 and 23 and, of 50% combined, we scored 48 points.
It was great just to be playing with my baby twin.
Most enjoyable.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Played today, and after the fog had cleared a cracking day on the heath. I partnered the clubs vice captain against Lee and Geoff. Good game that we won on the 16th, but highlight of the round was a hole in one for Lee on the 9th. Perfect tee shot that landed foot from the hole, and gently rolled into the hole. His first hole in one in 46 years.(y)

Just Gordon and myself that have played as long without one.:( Someone with a loud mouth may have told nearly everyone on the course, as there were a lot of members waiting in the clubhouse for their drink.:whistle::eek:

OOB

Medal Winner
Visit site
Frustrating day with my irons,

Ended up fatting everything in the soggy conditions and when compensating ended up thinning everything else, played well off the tee and putted nicely but only hit 3/4 clean iron shots out of 30.

Bloody winter!