I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Wolf

Visit site
Back at the home course today managed to join up with a 2 ball just before a society went out. Also 2nd time trying out the shorter shaft in driver, have lost about 15yards with the shorter shaft still missed 50% fairways out to the right, but not as far right due to less distance but clearly its my swing with the driver that's crap not the shaft so may put standard length back in and sort the flaw out but it is getting better.

Iron play, wedge play and short game was good again throughout, add in better driving on back 9 helped equate to 9 straight pars. Finished with a 78 for my 2nd handicap card, 14 pars in total 3 single bogies and a triple on the 8th hole courtesy of 2 balls straight right OOB off the tee :cautious:

Also loved using the Volvik balls my daughter bought me so much easier to see and liked the feel off the club.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
finally manged to make it to the course today,its been a while ,something like six weeks mainly due to weather and work, the long game was pretty good as was the short game ,but oh the putting !!!!! it was seriously dire. i missed three from a foot or less and three putted six times .I ended up shooting level par ,[with h/cap off] which makes me more than a bit miffed as it could have been at least eight better had the putter been on its best behaviour, but thats golf ,it always seems that one part of your game lets you down and spoils what could have been a really good round, roll on tomorrow and you can bet that some other part will let me down as the putter will behave.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played yesterday and scored 40 point off the yellows to take the money. No birdies but so much consistency and managed to score on every hole which is unusual for me. Even when I grounded a club in a hazard for a penalty I managed a point. Pitching and chipping so improved. Putting a bit annoying and missed a few makeable putts but nice to pick up a few quid

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had a nice 18 holes today, still playing very well, 2 over gross for the first nine including two 3 putts, 4 over after 14, then slipped a little and dropped 3 shots over the last 4 holes including another 3 putt. 7 over 79 was very pleasing and the three putts were all long putts.

D

Deleted member 16999

Another lovely day up here in the NE and another decent round.
Getting spolit by the weather now and course is probably the best I’ve ever seen looking for December!

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Expensive round at Pyrford today. Shot 83 with a few 3 putts to start, up a run of 2 over through 9 holes around the turn when I capitalised on a few shorter holes saw me have a good score.

Was only £36 for full English and and the round. Unfortunately my motor had to go to garage prior to family visit in Soton so it meant the missus drove me to golf for an 8am start and then kept herself busy in Guildford. Her hair, nails and new bag do look lovely though apparently.......

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Expensive round at Pyrford today. Shot 83 with a few 3 putts to start, up a run of 2 over through 9 holes around the turn when I capitalised on a few shorter holes saw me have a good score.

Was only £36 for full English and and the round. Unfortunately my motor had to go to garage prior to family visit in Soton so it meant the missus drove me to golf for an 8am start and then kept herself busy in Guildford. Her hair, nails and new bag do look lovely though apparently.......

Done up like a kipper mate😂

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

I made the mistake of letting HID loose in the Bull Ring a few years back when I played the Forest of Arden in the GM final. She came back with a designer Karen Millen handbag, several frocks, new shoes etc. Only about £600 worth and all I got was a cut glass runner-up trophy. Very expensive but to be honest couldn't begrudge her a penny

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site

I made the mistake of letting HID loose in the Bull Ring a few years back when I played the Forest of Arden in the GM final. She came back with a designer Karen Millen handbag, several frocks, new shoes etc. Only about £600 worth and all I got was a cut glass runner-up trophy. Very expensive but to be honest couldn't begrudge her a penny
How are the 1970’s???🤣🤣🤣

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Four ball at Wet Surrey today, with mates, first round in a few months. Played like a drain for 13 holes, balancing nicely on my PP’s shoulders, then became The Postman to wrap up the game 3&2.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
After getting cut a couple of shots midweek I managed 36 points today at Anahita with no driver in the bag
New 3w is well into its honeymoon period now and just getting better each outing and zero distance lost, if anything I got more distance on several holes due to the straighter line
Freakin hot again and must've gone through 3ltrs of fluid on prob my last round of the year

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
First game in a fair while and with very little practice somehow managed 40 points. Long game was a bit inconsistent as expected, putting was decent but chipping and short pitching was (pleasantly and suprisingly) on point. The highlight though was being out in great company on a nice mild day and watching son shoot a gross 72 :cool:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
41pts, off 6. Sounds decent, and was good enough to win the money. But as all golfers do, "what might have been."

There was 5x 1pointers and a blob in that score. The mistakes were destructive but the rest was amazing.

D

Deleted member 17920

Played yesterday on the Old course with @Jimaroid @Captainron and @AlwaysABridesmaid and what a fabulously day it was.

Sun was shining, course was in incredible condition for the time of of year, greens running so true and I thought they were a very good pace.

I drew captainron at a partner and for once it worked and we ended up beating the others down to the shots we were getting :giggle: I even surprised myself yesterday by actually hitting the 1st green in 2 and not having to fish my ball out of the burn 🤣

Great day and for me the course gets better and better each time I play it, really got to appreciate the slopes more in the winter sun.

Thanks @Jimaroid you are a star 👌