I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Got my first cut in nearly 2 years
78 blows from the yellows to a SSS of 71.
Only a 0.2 but it's a start.
Had no luck and several bad bounces so could have been even better...

Last edited by a moderator:

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Re: I played today and......

=

That's golf and I bet you never think about the good bounces, as the saying goes, if my Aunty had balls she'd be my uncle. :thup:

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site

71 blows to give a level gross score. Should see me back down to 3.7 after a run of 0.1’s. New putter has made a MASSIVE difference. Only 27 putts with a lot of 10ft’ers for pars holed.

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

71 blows to give a level gross score. Should see me back down to 3.7 after a run of 0.1’s. New putter has made a MASSIVE difference. Only 27 putts with a lot of 10ft’ers for pars holed.
Which putter have you switched to? 27 putts - wow :)

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site

Which putter have you switched to? 27 putts - wow :)
An O-Works odyssey Tank7. My Stroke suits a face balanced club but they never look right to my eye. Finally gave in after an abysmal start to the year even though my ball striking has never been better.
Should have been 25 putts but missed two sitters.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

36 holes today. Alferini in morning and it was a brute. It was a tale of three 9's. 9 points on the front, 9 on the back and 9 balls lost. Shockingly that was enough to win the front, back and overall. (Only 2 of us played but the other is a 6 handicap). Ravines and water everywhere.

Flamingos in afternoon and that is more forgiving. Had a good front 9 with 17 points but 2 blobs on10 and 11saw me struggle to 12 points on the back.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Got my first cut in nearly 2 years
78 blows from the yellows to a SSS of 71.
Only a 0.2 but it's a start.

Well done mate. I had better make sure I go to the cash point before I see you:thup:

D

Deleted member 21258

Played in Little Aston mixed open at the weekend, played okay, wife played bad but played well on the right holes, had one player in the team on fire, sinking putts from all over the place, lucky kicks etc.

And won the little sucker, got some nice Little Aston wine glasses for my diet coke;)

The day was absolutely superb again, best open I have ever been to. Knew we went last year, photos before starting, a starter announcing your name on the tee, the service in the bar/restaurant amazing, took a drinks order as you came off the 18th, greeted when you arrived etc. Just a brilliant day. The bunkers were still unlike any other course.

Then to beau on Monday with our guests, the terrain, setting, friendly staff and layout is proud to be 'part of', after the 2nd we had millionaires golf.

D

Deleted member 21258

Oh completely forgot to add to my last post, played Hoylake with the big cheese, MikeH re: H4H auction and really wished to thank him for his hospitality on the day, really enjoyed it.

My son really enjoyed the course.

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site

First round at the new course and shot a 94, on a par 71. Extremely inconsistent golf but i was very happy with the score. Even managed to stripe one 300Yards with a huge run on the rock hard fairways and put one to 10foot with a 6 iron on a 197yrd par 3. Obviously proceeded to go 3 off the tee on the next hole after both :eek:

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

9 holes, birdie, par, bogey, double, triple, then 4 pars, you gotta laugh :whoo:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Drove beautifully all the way round until I got to the 16th when my heavy slice reappeared out of nowhere. 4 lost balls on 16, 17 and 18 :mad:

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site

Played this morning in a 3 ball better ball, teed off at 06:50, back home by 10.
Real issues with alignment today, hitting good shots but because my aim was off was getting nowhere fast, only scored on 4 holes.
Will need to get out practicing.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

At 6.55 am at The Zoo it was foggy!!!!!
Visibility less than 150 yards....
All gone by 8.
Played like a drain......
Stupid game

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

Practice round off the blues for Tomorrows Open.

Played pretty well 4 birdies, two of which should have been eagles from 10 ft, hit the ball well apart from on the 12th where i hit a poor drive then a 7 iron which went 210 yards, shame i was only looking to hit i 175:rofl:

pretty happy with my game for Tomorrow, which can only mean one thing.. 0.1:rofl: