I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
A trip over the firth today to play North Berwick with a mate from work who’s a member. What a good track, stunning views, blue skies and sunshine, and only a 2 or 3 club breeze……

Somehow managed to knock it round in 78, had 9 pars and 2 birdies, shame about the 2 doubles🤬 all in all though really happy with my game at the moment.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played Saturday. Shouldn't have been open as so much standing water on fairways and nearly lost a ball plugged in the 15th fairway. Annoyed that I was flying with 20 points going out and then a downpour meant my partners bailed. Fortunately I joined up with a group behind to get the card marked but the wait meant my flow had gone and I had a poor back 9. Could have been in the money and more annoyed that had the group seen out the 10th (and they were near the green) it stopped by the end of the par 3 11th

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Wasn't expecting the course to be open after it chucking it down over the weekend, but the front 9 was on. All temps after some frost overnight. Course was pretty damp in places but playable.

Started badly, blobbing the first after finding the trees with my drive. Things picked up with a nice par on the 2nd, and ended up with 17 points for the 9 holes. Happy enough with that, it was just nice to be out.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wasn't expecting the course to be open after it chucking it down over the weekend, but the front 9 was on. All temps after some frost overnight. Course was pretty damp in places but playable.

Started badly, blobbing the first after finding the trees with my drive. Things picked up with a nice par on the 2nd, and ended up with 17 points for the 9 holes. Happy enough with that, it was just nice to be out.
Amazed it was open at all but then I guess with temp greens all round it still isn't what you would call normal. As you say, nice to be out in any form.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Amazed it was open at all but then I guess with temp greens all round it still isn't what you would call normal. As you say, nice to be out in any form.
Rain due later today, and forecast every day for the next week, so good chance that's the only golf for the foreseeable. :(

On a brighter note, the new caterers are a definite improvement!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Rain due later today, and forecast every day for the next week, so good chance that's the only golf for the foreseeable. :(

On a brighter note, the new caterers are a definite improvement!
At least we can eat well whilst sitting in the clubhouse dreaming about playing golf :LOL: .

I was up on Sunday morning using the simulator and felt really sorry for the staff. I stopped and had a coffee afterwards, just to give them something to do.

Smoj

Visit site
played yesterday, full 18. It felt like the middle of summer. was a great round. scored my PB on that course (84)

played this morning, front 9. It felt like the middle of winter, with strong winds and constant rain, It wasnt much fun.. at least I got to test out a new rain jacket that held up, so that's a positive. (+5 .43)

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Yesterday’s wind and sunshine meant the course was open today, and signs of a golfer inside me! +3 on the front, which were all missed putts inside 2ft… lost it a bit on the back with a few weak shots costing me, but I’d have bitten your hand off for an 81 before I went out.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played on a very wet course today, 7 clubs in a vintage Greban carry bag:
- Petron Impala Mk III 1 wood
- Spalding 5 wood (Jumbo grip)
- Slazenger STM 4 iron
- Slazenger Ben Hogan Apex 6 iron
- Fred Smyth Christy O'Connor 8 iron
- Goudie Peter Townsend PW
- Swilken Alta TB2 putter

Happy with 34 points, a couple of birdies including a 6 iron to 6 inches on the par 4 7th.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It was positively Spring-like out there today.....warm but still a tad windy...
Starting on the 10th I rattled off 8 pars and a bogey for 21 points..no drama, in control, hitting well....
At the turn things went back to normal a bit...5 bogeys and a birdie for 18 points
76 blows (par 71 CR 70.1) getting 7 shots...
Nice..
A 0.2 cut should come my way tomorrow.
The new putter was on fire🔥🔥 holed almost 100 feet of putts with 7 putts of less than a foot
Playing partner CVG matched me on our 1st 9 and shot another 20 on the 2nd..
41 points......and his Index didn't move as he dropped an exact same score diff from his 20....
I think it will always feel weird to score that well and not get cut......

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played with almost the same short set I had yesterday but dropped the chipper and swapped out the Spalding 5 wood, Hogan Apex 6 iron and Goudie PW for a Gowers Brown nylon headed 3 wood, Dunlop Peter Thomson 6 iron and a Slazenger Peter Alliss PW.

So seven clubs, one club less than yesterday. No birdies today but generally steadier play for 35 points.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Had a pleasant walk with the arrows today, -1 through 5 and I lost my bottle. All in all a tidy round with two bad holes seeing a +5 gross

Wished I’d been holding a card for obvious reasons but also enjoyed just hitting and walking.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Another day, another round, another small cut....
78 blows today, 2 birdies but a few more bogeys...
36 points and a 0.1 reduction to 5.9.
Oh...and one of the birdies was a massively thinned chip that nearly broke the flagstick and dropped in.....
Do I care..? :ROFLMAO:
Not 1 bit....

Visit site
Played Ryton today which was in reasonable shape after the recent rain (3 winter greens). It's a course you need to plot your way around carefully which is usually my nemesis, constantly reaching for driver to smash it as far as possible. A steady away 83, 5 over after 11 then tiredness crept in to produce a poor finish. A pleasant day marred only by a slow 3-ball in front and the ridiculous A1 gridlock returning home.

4LEX

Visit site
After missing almost the entire of 2023 with a shoulder inury, I managed to shoot my first under par score today in quite a while. Admittedly it was only over 10 holes but included 3 of the toughest and missed out quite a few of the easiest. Buzzing to sink a long birdie putt on the last for -2. Had another 2 lip out birdie putts too so feeling positive about my game :D

Albo

Visit site
I played yesterday and was +22 for 15 holes, went to the range at lunch time to work on a few things and played 18 this afternoon/evening in +13 for the 18.
Still have some work to do but a more outside take away certainly helped today

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Course was open today, shouldn't have been, for the front 9 only. 3 temps ☹. It was a pleasant walk, nice to whack a ball. My pp both cancelled overnight, don't blame them, but it meant I was a solo golfer in a bunch of four balls. I played the first 5, missed the next 2, dull par 5's running parallel, and cut across to 8. I couldn't slot in but did get onto 9 without interfering with any other group. Nice to get out.

One thing, @Orikoru , i tried putting a little weight on my left side, one of the 127 tips given to you recently. It worked very well. I definitely had cleaner hits, more height. Certainly something to persevere with.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Course was open today, shouldn't have been, for the front 9 only. 3 temps ☹. It was a pleasant walk, nice to whack a ball. My pp both cancelled overnight, don't blame them, but it meant I was a solo golfer in a bunch of four balls. I played the first 5, missed the next 2, dull par 5's running parallel, and cut across to 8. I couldn't slot in but did get onto 9 without interfering with any other group. Nice to get out.

One thing, @Orikoru , i tried putting a little weight on my left side, one of the 127 tips given to you recently. It worked very well. I definitely had cleaner hits, more height. Certainly something to persevere with.
I didn’t think it was too bad, bar the odd wet patch.

Started with a horrible tee shot on the first which is becoming a habit. After that, played well tee to green, however putting was dreadful, missed a lot of short ones.

Happy with 21 points in the circumstances. May have to look at those putting tips!

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played in a 4 man scramble last week off the forward tees. Four tee shots each to count. Our team handicap was 3. We had 15 birdies and 3 pars for a nett 52 and joint 3rd place. 18 birdies would given us the win by 1 😳