I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Boomy

Played Silloth today, a mixed bag on an unbelievably flat calm day.. should have capitalised on that (and did for the front 9) but it became painfully slow stuck behind a visiting competition/group who seemed to think taking however long they fancied looking for balls was fine and a lot of them must have forgotten their pitch mark repairers… dreadful. One of their two ball’s in a buggy was holding up a walking group 😳 Lost concentration (and interest) Spent the back 9 repairing pitch marks.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Had a corporate day at Hever Castle.
Played ok for 41 points and won the individual prize.

I couldn’t believe the number of unrepaired pitch marks on the greens

Next round scheduled for Tandridge thanks to my firm

Thread starter #9,750

Imurg

Grand Slam Winner
Generally played pretty well today, apart from one complete dog's dinner of a hole, for the 11 we p.ayed..
Only 11 because the Elders had a Stableford on...they had the 10th reserved from 8 - 8.45
We went off the first at 7.45 expecting to catch the tail-end by about the 13th or 14th..
We got to the turn at 9.10 and they were still teeing off...obviously had no idea how many were going to turn up so just bunged up the course...
We p,aged 10 and 11 in about 25 minutes and gave up...
We also got "told" that they couldn't let us through as it was a competition
Some of the dinosaurs in this club really do my head in....

Boomy

Ah a pity, we got in first attempt back at the end of July - if you are going to try again price goes down to £137 from Monday
Thanks for the heads up on the price 👍🏼 We were going to try again on Tuesday but my PP’s shifts have changed at work so we can’t play then anymore. It’ll likely be next year now as they go onto mats in November I believe.

Thanks for the heads up on the price 👍🏼 We were going to try again on Tuesday but my PP’s shifts have changed at work so we can’t play then anymore. It’ll likely be next year now as they go onto mats in November I believe.
Remember there will be loads of restrictions next year due to prep for The Open - Details here