I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Played my first 18 in a long time with @2blue today at Wike Ridge in Leeds. Shot +15 which I’ll take as it’s my best round in about four years and had a great laugh with Dave, even being stuck behind the slowest single player I’ve ever witnessed for the last four holes!

D

Deleted Member 1156

Joined the club with an 11.0 handicap, twelve years ago, and now off 10.8. Coming down nicely.;) Think I might have found my level, and at my age it is more about holding onto what you've got.
You should take on Homer in a challenge to get to single figures ;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Tricky out there is strong wind. Thought I hit it better than I scored but did lose the plot over the last few holes along with my swing. Was only 1 over handicap playing ninth. Nailed a three wood second into the teeth of the wind. Clipped the smallest branch and never saw it again. All good until 12 when tee shot was too straight and then two OOB on 16. Short game and putting improved but still room for improvement so hoping less wind over the weekend means better scores. Feels close and still glass half full

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm busy getting ready to out a spanner in the YOTF at H4H. Some may argue I'm a spent force anyway and Rich tells me he's a quality ball striker
Dont remember saying I am a quality ball striker, though I can pure a shank.

You should take on Homer in a challenge to get to single figures ;)
At the rate I am coming down, I will need to live to 150 to get back to single figures.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
[QUOTE="richart, post: 2178770, member: 2944"

At the rate I am coming down, I will need to live to 150 to get back to single figures.[/QUOTE]

At least you’ll be able to shoot your age then ???

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
First round for two months, down at Haste Hill. Just took a half set to keep it simple (D, 20°h, 7, 9, 50°, 56°, Pt). Few spots of rain during the first four or five holes but none after that. Very breezy but nowhere near unplayably bad. Temperature was nice, shorts and t-shirt all the way once the rain vanished.

I shot 84 for 36 points! Like I'd never been away. I always said practising is overrated. :LOL: Thinned the tits off the first tee shot with the 7i, but managed to get up and down for par. Driver was good right from the off, then a couple of slices crept in, but got it back to being good by the end. One blob on the 9th caused by a slice, lost the ball and couldn't recover to score. Back nine of 40 was really good though. Seven pars today, but five of them in the last eight holes. Delighted to be back on the course and to actually play well.

It was strange being sort of thrust into summer golf with no adjustment period, got loads of bounce and roll on a few drives which is always nice. Trying to get the pace of the greens wasn't easy (although they weren't in fabulous condition either).

Our course is doing 16 minute intervals, but somehow we still had someone on our fairway on the 2nd hole as we were teeing off. How is it possible? Thought maybe they'd teed off late but the guy outside said if you're late you don't get on because they need to maintain the gaps. So that was weird. They actually sped up so didn't really hold us up too much, but I just couldn't work out why they were only there with the 16 min gaps.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Very windy again today and abject. Very poor tee to green especially with irons even those on the fairway. Distance down badly and swing messy. Short game good, putting bad. Fed up but try again tomorrow. At least I didn't get wet

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tough conditions with 40mph gusts - and I am normally very poor in the wind,. But, a purple-patch 7 days of golf ends on a high. Last Sunday shot second best round ever - 5 over (off 16!), played on my own on Thursday - not properly scoring but certainly better than handicap.

And today - took on my brother at matchplay. He is off 5 and was giving it the big one about playing well and was going to do me! Well, I missed a putt on 12, which would have handed me a dog licence!! But won 6 and 5

The next highlight was the best drive i have hit in years on 17 (320 yards) - drove the green - 2nd time in 15 years - but 3 putted, a common theme today!!! :devilish::devilish::poop:

Lovely 8 iron into 18 - kept in 5 foot below the hole - but would have missed the birdie if the cup was the size of a football!!!

3 putted 3, 4, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 17

and shot 10 over :)

On ominous fall from grace certainly awaites after an unbelivable start!

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Another epic battle with my mate with the lead chopping and changing all the way round. Was dormey one giving away a shot but birdied it after hitting wedge down breeze 152 to see him off 2 up . That's 3 on the bounce now :D

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Halved my 9 hole Matchplay against the current leader in our mini-league.

That’s the 5th of 9 rounds completed and keeps me within 2 points of him in 2nd place, so all I have to do is keep winning and hopefully he drops points against someone else?

However, I’m absolutely knackered, we played on playing 18 holes, with me winning the back nine 3&1, but I feel like I’ve just played 36, I was huffing & puffing quite a bit towards the end ?

The windy conditions were very testing to play in, it was difficult to work out what the wind was doing at times, it was very gusty and blustery, so I’m very pleased with how I played, especially with my 2 on the 17th, just 2 inches away from first hole in one ???‍♂️

Homie, do you want to cash out yet ?

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Didn't score well but i am really happy with my golf today. 9 holes only until I am confident again (might be now) but this went well 'in parts'.

I played my best hole ever on the 6th, this is after I played my best hole ever on the 5th just before.
par4.jpg
On the 6th I never ever made the dogleg and never had the chance to go for the green before, so my longest drive by some 15 yards gave me the scoring opportunity.
Back to back par 4 fours. I only ever had 1 before (not in a round, in ever).

Overall I had a few opportunities but when trying to go for it from 170 out I messed it up.
I hit 3 out of 6 par 4 greens in regulation, usually I might hit maybe the short one. I also hit 3 (and 2 half ;-) ) fairways out of 6. The total miss costume as I was in range but a bad lie under a tree went from trouble to trouble to trouble ...
Totally messed up the short game and 2 out of 3 par 3s, that's why the score is bad, but I don't really care this time.

Can someone tweet Boris that he should announce that comps and roll ups are allowed again? Pretty please?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played 18 holes enjoyed it but didn’t do it for me.
4 months off and didn’t miss it much.
Course was remarkably good considering.
29 points after 19 out tells the story as I just lacked concentration for the full 18

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Played 18 at Ellesborough for the first time in 3 months with CVG today

Won 35-23 with 3 blobs (yes I know)
Had 21 On the front with 1 blob (yes I know)

Drove well, approach shots were really good and putting was steady.

Got tired on the back 9

Last night I was thinking about the Callaway Big Bertha 3 wood with a stiff shaft that Imurg let me have last year,

Never got on with it, so thought I’d try an experiment, I put in the regular shaft from my Rogue driver,
Now logically it shouldn’t work, longer shaft, smaller head, etc

But it was superb, used it for 3 approach shots between 210 & 230 yards out, 2 greens hit and 1 about 20 yards short.

Liking my Frankenstein club

YOTF?
Year Of The Fragger ?