I never knew there was so much in it!

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
My company car is replaced tomorrow, so I have been clearing it out and giving it a clean before it is collected. Given the mileages I do in normal times it is pretty much a mobile office / workspace. So I keep anything and everything that I think I may need when visiting customers, working, etc.

You just don't realise how much junk, kit, gubbins, etc. that you can fit into one car in all the pockets, cubby holes, bins and the like that are in the modern car. And then you realise how much of a mess you can make while eating on the move, coins dropped down the side, pens here and there. Some of the stuff I've binned but most of it will go back into the new car to be there "just in case". However there were a few. "I forgot I had that" or "So that's where it is" moments. :LOL:
And the dried grass! Taking golf clubs in and out of a boot for over 4 years leaves a lot of debris that sticks like glue to the carpet. o_O

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
About 4 cars ago I started buying either a rubber or rigid plastic boot liner to suit each car. At the end of each lease it meant the carpet underneath was immaculate. Money well spent as the pain of trying to clean boot carpets became too much ?. Luckily a few were transferable between cars but even if not I would have coughed up.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had big accident a couple of years ago and realised the same.

I really do wonder what makes them use the type of carpet in they do. I have never managed to get everything out of one despite having a really powerful vacuum cleaner.

D-S

Visit site
I had a car once, maybe a BMW or a Lexus that had a reversible boot liner, carpet on one side and washable rubber on the other. It was really useful, can’t believe it isn’t a standard.

D

Deleted member 23344

Just bought boot liner for my new Merc A Class ... £12 on eBay ... fits perfectly and will keep the boot spotless. Wish I had discovered them earlier ... recommended.