I Can't Believe It

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
So, I'm sure you'll be glad to hear, I've resigned from my post as Comp sec and I also thought I'd tell them, my membership. I resisted the temptation to list all my grudges and have a rant, but was polite and wished the club well in it's endeavors. On Thursday I saw a post from the club on FB offering membership to NEW members only for, after bumping the price up at the AGM by £50 making the figure £775, wait for it, 500 QUID !!!!!!! 300 QUID CHEAPER !!!!!!! Desperate? I think so!!!!! OMG Thank the Lord I hadn't rejoined. I'd be furious!!!!!!!!!
Best of it is, this type of offer was put forward at the AGM, £695 making it cheapest by a mile in the area to drag people in, and it was kicked out. Now they've really slashed the price, in what looks like a desperate to bring in money. As I can only assume there has been a low take up of renewals.
Onwards and upwards. I've been offered games already at my soon to be new place!!!! "when the weather picks up" :thup:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yes. Looking forward, excitedly to the new season now. I've not signed up anywhere yet, but could be doing so this weekend.

This is going to be so much better for your golfing (and dare I say overall) well being and I'm sure you'll really enjoy your golf in 2018 without any of the grief to deal with and the knowledge you're banging your head against the proverbial brick wall. Enjoy your new home, wherever you end up

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
This is going to be so much better for your golfing (and dare I say overall) well being and I'm sure you'll really enjoy your golf in 2018 without any of the grief to deal with and the knowledge you're banging your head against the proverbial brick wall. Enjoy your new home, wherever you end up

Cheers Homer. I've been looking at the fixtures at one of my new homes. Good Lord they have a comp on almost EVERY DAY !!!!! This will be my competition course. If my job is safe then I'll join my local course for general play. Three golf trips already in the pipeline as well.
And...the suns out here!!!!

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Styal for the comps on a Saturday (12 of) and all being well, Macclesfield for general play (6 day membership no H/C but I'll have that held at Styal)

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Part 2.

A mate at Macc has told me this afternoon that they are doing an offer of 25% off membership prices for anyone who introduces a new member. Nlow what do I do? This means I can get Macc at £600 and don't need Styal. But.....next years will be full price as I won't be allowed the 6 day no H/C option. I'm going mad !!!!!