I bought today.....

Teebs

Visit site
Placed an order for a Ping G430 10k this morning and cancelled it by 1pm.

Tested it out on the course v my current driver and it was around 10 yards shorter across 4 or 5 drives. It feels powerful, but that just isn't translating into distance.

The Rogue ST lives to fight another season..

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Placed an order for a Ping G430 10k this morning and cancelled it by 1pm.

Tested it out on the course v my current driver and it was around 10 yards shorter across 4 or 5 drives. It feels powerful, but that just isn't translating into distance.

The Rogue ST lives to fight another season..
Should that not be on the " I never bought today Thread" 😂

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I know, it would be sacrilege if i used it and put a mark on it. i may not even use it when it comes lol.

I lost the headcover for mine (previous iteration) so it didn't even have one on for about 6 months 😂 got all sorts of little dings on it now.

It was a 30th present though so I'm not concerned about resale value as I'll never be flogging it.

samthom99

Visit site
I lost the headcover for mine (previous iteration) so it didn't even have one on for about 6 months 😂 got all sorts of little dings on it now.

It was a 30th present though so I'm not concerned about resale value as I'll never be flogging it.
No headcover on a putter? Not even a cheap one? Are you crazy? What sort of behaviour is this?

HeftyHacker

Visit site
No headcover on a putter? Not even a cheap one? Are you crazy? What sort of behaviour is this?

Haha well I was struggling to find a velcro one and I didn't want to shell out £50 plus for a new scotty one.

All the magnetic ones kept getting knocked off on the course so gave up on them.

In the end I found a velcro callaway one in a local pro shop for a tenner so stuck that on it.

samthom99

Visit site
Haha well I was struggling to find a velcro one and I didn't want to shell out £50 plus for a new scotty one.

All the magnetic ones kept getting knocked off on the course so gave up on them.

In the end I found a velcro callaway one in a local pro shop for a tenner so stuck that on it.
My OCD would have been off the scale if i was your playing partner. A scotty with dings in it, is gross negligence.

I'm glad you've now got it covered.
Putters are for life not just for Christmas/birthdays!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

One of my old blade putters the headcovers kept coming off so in the end I was replacing them with an Ebay one for about 8 quid each time. It was better than having no headcover. Can't find the exact one I had now but it was similar to this sort of thing: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11607968...EIpVtNU/KEGNy981zwjsB8RYzk|tkp:Bk9SR4qD9bXLYw
As I say, cheap and cheerful felt better than not having one and I just replaced it cheaply every time I lost it again. :LOL:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
My OCD would have been off the scale if i was your playing partner. A scotty with dings in it, is gross negligence.

I'm glad you've now got it covered.
Putters are for life not just for Christmas/birthdays!

Mandofred

Visit site
Semi-golf related......bought a 28kg kettlebell. I've gotten into using a 12+20kg one the last couple of months and I think my back is better for it. 2 arm swings with a 20kg was too light though.....28kg should do the trick. I had been getting into the second half of the round and my lower back would really start aching the further I played......I'm still getting a bit sore, but it's a lot better than it was......as long as my back doesn't go kaput using this heavier kettlebell.

Smoj

Visit site
I didn't get a SC but I did get a 2nd hand Taylormade TP Soto putter, I took it out for 9 today and I thought the Rossie white-hot was nice, but this is a little harder on the insert and really enjoyed every putt made today, and normally I find blades to be light, too light.. but this one is finally, a bit heavier.. the Rossie is straight out the bag

the headcover is a bit tatty tho, but that's another delight to spend my money on later on

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Semi-golf related......bought a 28kg kettlebell. I've gotten into using a 12+20kg one the last couple of months and I think my back is better for it. 2 arm swings with a 20kg was too light though.....28kg should do the trick. I had been getting into the second half of the round and my lower back would really start aching the further I played......I'm still getting a bit sore, but it's a lot better than it was......as long as my back doesn't go kaput using this heavier kettlebell.
Interested in this as my back is a problem area. Do you have any specific exercises you use

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got fitted for new irons last night, ended up ordering the TaylorMade P770, not as long as the P790, but the lofts are similar to my existing irons so not introducing any gapping issues and after swapping a few shafts in and out the dispersion closed in and spin rate and launch angle were much lower. I can't remember the shaft spec we ended up with, but it was basically the stiffest I could swing with before it felt 'dead'.