I bought today.....

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
How do mate. You well?

I never as it happens. I was getting geared up for a full PXG fitting under their veteran’s ‘hero’s’ discount programme.

Wanted to try all the gen 6 range plus the new 0317t irons.

Problem was that they have stopped doing fittings in HUKD indoor range in Bury. Trying to get a fitting slot in Cheshire was a nightmare and would Have meant booking time off work.

Instead I went to Scottsdale for the driver fitting.

Then last week I popped to clubhouse after work for an iron fitting.

Tried the Gen 6 p, not my cup of tea. Then tried the T100, T150 tittys. Was shocked at how bad they felt.

Moved onto Mizzy. Tried the 225’s (woah momma!!!) and they were unreal. Launched like rockets and felt Extremely nice. Plus going 10 yards further than my gen 3 PXG

Then in an attempt to kill my spin, the fitter put me in JpX 923 Tours with a bloody x100 shaft 🤣

In fairness I had to really REALLY step on them but they went ok and did remove spin. Not a shaft I would want to use on a course though. Tried the same head with my current C-Taper 120’s and then the C-Taper Lite 115 X flex.

They felt pretty similar tbh but the 120 stiff did feel smoother.

So I knew the shaft. Just had to figure out what head I preferred.

Both felt great but the 923 tour was especially soft and loveky

The 225 was around 4 yards longer but the 7 iron was 30 degree, compared with the 923’s 34 degree.

In the end I pulled the trigger on the 923 tours with c-taper 120 stiff (no upcharge). Also strengthened the lofts on the tour by 2 degrees as both me and the Fitter agreed that they might then out perform the 225’s.

Best thing was they allowed me to price check them. So I got 4-pw for around the 1k mark. Eye watering money but significantly cheaper than the equivalent titleist as which would have been north of £1.6k 😲

Also treated myself to a mizuno pro 225 2 iron for a bargain price.

And have a nearly new TSR2 4 wood on the way.

And now I need new wedges ha

All in all an expensive two weeks. Need to punt all my PXG gear pronto!
All good pal, hope you and yours are too. Sounds expensive but fun haha. Love my 225s. Sometimes have thoughts about those 0317 blade type clubs, but, I’m kidding myself if I think spunking £1.5k is going to make any difference to my game. 😂

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All good pal, hope you and yours are too. Sounds expensive but fun haha. Love my 225s. Sometimes have thoughts about those 0317 blade type clubs, but, I’m kidding myself if I think spunking £1.5k is going to make any difference to my game. 😂

All good in my hood bud.

The 225’s were an eye opener for me. My Gen3 felt ace and hardly short by any stretch.

The 225’s were lovelier and longer

You would be fine with the blades you lad. Defo try the PXG CB as well. Soft and lovely lovely.

Did you try the 923’s at all? The forgiveness was an eye opener.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
All good in my hood bud.

The 225’s were an eye opener for me. My Gen3 felt ace and hardly short by any stretch.

The 225’s were lovelier and longer

You would be fine with the blades you lad. Defo try the PXG CB as well. Soft and lovely lovely.

Did you try the 923’s at all? The forgiveness was an eye opener.

Yeah, they look nice, just don’t think it’d make that much difference as I love my 225s.

I didn’t hit the 923’s as I sort of knew what I fancied and I just loved the look of the 225s. They do look mint though. I just need to stop coveting a set of blades lol

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah, they look nice, just don’t think it’d make that much difference as I love my 225s.

I didn’t hit the 923’s as I sort of knew what I fancied and I just loved the look of the 225s. They do look mint though. I just need to stop coveting a set of blades lol
If a hack job like me can hit the 923’s, then I am sure a sublime striker like your good self will be perfectly fine.

PIng

Head Pro
Visit site
Just ordered a PXG 0311XF driver from them directly. Price is currently £199 but goes back up to £299 in the new year.
First chance to test the new driver at the range today. Went for the regular flex 50g shaft, half inch shorter. Tried it first with the weights set in the draw position, to try to counteract my "fade", but there was no consistency. I then moved the weights back to the default position, the most forgiving apparently, and was very pleased with the results - mostly straight drives and what looked like decent length (difficult to tell with crappy range balls).

Looking forward to trying it out on the course, if it ever stops raining.

MACM85

Visit site
Had a fitting at PXG at the London South Store on Saturday for a driver after picking up irons and wedges recently. Fitted into the Gen 6 0311 9 degree with Tensei Blue stiff shaft. As I have bought a fair bit they knocked off £100 for me in store which I thought was kind of them

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Had a fitting at PXG at the London South Store on Saturday for a driver after picking up irons and wedges recently. Fitted into the Gen 6 0311 9 degree with Tensei Blue stiff shaft. As I have bought a fair bit they knocked off £100 for me in store which I thought was kind of them
i'm tempted to have a go with their drivers - where is the store?

cunnini

Visit site
well i today bought Srixon ZX5 mkII irons - 4-PW, from AF Golfstore Cambridge, having had 1 hour fitting at lunch. Tried Titleist T200, Taylormade 790 and Mizuno JPX921, about 10 shots with each, same shaft in each and about 4 yard front to back dispersion with Srixons, 10 yard wide dispersion - a lot better than others!

Clubs being built and should have them within a week - hopefully get out between Xmas and New Year on the course. They're replacing some Mizuno X300s.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
First chance to test the new driver at the range today. Went for the regular flex 50g shaft, half inch shorter. Tried it first with the weights set in the draw position, to try to counteract my "fade", but there was no consistency. I then moved the weights back to the default position, the most forgiving apparently, and was very pleased with the results - mostly straight drives and what looked like decent length (difficult to tell with crappy range balls).

Looking forward to trying it out on the course, if it ever stops raining.
Hows it going? Mine came mid week, but as yet it's unused. Hopefully next weekend.