I bought today.....

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
If I had a £ for every time on a cold day someone down here in sunny Surrey says to me ‘well you’ll be used to this’ - as if I enjoy the freezing cold more than they do…and somehow I’m immune to the cold.

Certainly it doesn’t particularly bother or faze me, but my near 40yrs living in south of England (16th Jan 1984 was the date I waved cheerio to my parents standing on Platform 1 of Central Station)…has quite possibly made me a bit of a southern softie.👍

Anyway…I discovered an unexpected benefit from buying a powered trolley…I can keep my hands warm in my pockets on cold days. Pity I’m using my unpowered trolley at the moment to reduce wear and tear (and compaction) on the course.
But they'll get cold using the range finder that you said you'd never buy 😆😆😆

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Let us know how you get on with the top divider please Grandad...interested :unsure:
One of my regular playing partners has a top divider on his bag and loves it, that's why I ordered this particular bag. Will certainly come back to you grandson

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
A pair of black Skechers Go Golf Pro 5 Hyper shoes, which fit really nicely and claim to be waterproof, so fingers crossed.
They are one of the few waterproof black shoes that don't have a stupidly white side surround which gets filthy and never cleans up to white properly!
Needed a spiked pair after slopping around two weekends ago in Skechers spikeless!

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Gokart Mk2 with 36 hole lithium battery and umbrella holder.

I sold my MK 1 a couple of weeks ago for a very reasonable price.
An update singing the praise of Gokart. I ordered it yesterday, and it arrived today, it took less than 24 hrs. They really do know how to do customer service.

It definitely looks a cut above the Mk 1 with some subtle but significant improvements in the design.

If it ever stops snowing/raining, I might get out to try it.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
An update singing the praise of Gokart. I ordered it yesterday, and it arrived today, it took less than 24 hrs. They really do know how to do customer service.

It definitely looks a cut above the Mk 1 with some subtle but significant improvements in the design.

If it ever stops snowing/raining, I might get out to try it.
I have the mk1 and if they offered trade in I'd be very tempted. The mk2 looks very tidy and they have improved on the weaknesses of the mk1.

Zig

Visit site
Was it the standard or X model you went for?

I am still playing the XR16, tried various drivers over the years, most recently the Sim 2 Max but still can’t find one I hit as well as my XR16
Standard. Interested to see what its like on course compared to my Ping LST. My driving has definitely been the best part of my game all year, so be interesting to see what happens. Have had a much more penetrating flight with the Ping. Thinking the silver HZRDUS shaft will do the same job and the head will be a bit more forgiving on my misses.
Snowed off this weekend, so may get to the range later this week. :)

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I just got the PXG driver and 3 wood mate. 0311 gen 6? Amazing clubs.

Did you try them ?
How do mate. You well?

I never as it happens. I was getting geared up for a full PXG fitting under their veteran’s ‘hero’s’ discount programme.

Wanted to try all the gen 6 range plus the new 0317t irons.

Problem was that they have stopped doing fittings in HUKD indoor range in Bury. Trying to get a fitting slot in Cheshire was a nightmare and would Have meant booking time off work.

Instead I went to Scottsdale for the driver fitting.

Then last week I popped to clubhouse after work for an iron fitting.

Tried the Gen 6 p, not my cup of tea. Then tried the T100, T150 tittys. Was shocked at how bad they felt.

Moved onto Mizzy. Tried the 225’s (woah momma!!!) and they were unreal. Launched like rockets and felt Extremely nice. Plus going 10 yards further than my gen 3 PXG

Then in an attempt to kill my spin, the fitter put me in JpX 923 Tours with a bloody x100 shaft 🤣

In fairness I had to really REALLY step on them but they went ok and did remove spin. Not a shaft I would want to use on a course though. Tried the same head with my current C-Taper 120’s and then the C-Taper Lite 115 X flex.

They felt pretty similar tbh but the 120 stiff did feel smoother.

So I knew the shaft. Just had to figure out what head I preferred.

Both felt great but the 923 tour was especially soft and loveky

The 225 was around 4 yards longer but the 7 iron was 30 degree, compared with the 923’s 34 degree.

In the end I pulled the trigger on the 923 tours with c-taper 120 stiff (no upcharge). Also strengthened the lofts on the tour by 2 degrees as both me and the Fitter agreed that they might then out perform the 225’s.

Best thing was they allowed me to price check them. So I got 4-pw for around the 1k mark. Eye watering money but significantly cheaper than the equivalent titleist as which would have been north of £1.6k 😲

Also treated myself to a mizuno pro 225 2 iron for a bargain price.

And have a nearly new TSR2 4 wood on the way.

And now I need new wedges ha

All in all an expensive two weeks. Need to punt all my PXG gear pronto!