I bought today.....

RichA

Visit site
Mizuno JPX921 Tour 7i - Gap wedge. Brand new in my specs, never used, with the cellophane still on the heads, from a well known purveyor of used golf clubs. At £305 for 5 clubs that would have cost over £800 a couple of years ago, I couldn't resist.

adasko

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Be interested to hear what you think of the book. Have watched a few of his videos and they are very good.
Book is easy to read, took me about 20 min to go through release 1 and 2. Don't want to overload my brain trying all 3 straight away.
Spend couple of hours over last 2 days on a chipping green and results looking very promising.
Got few up and downs today on a course.
60 degrees wedge was always my go to club, now learning to execute release 2 i feel like lob wedge is redundant.
With right technique I was hitting 52 and 56 degrees one bounce and stop.
Book is good but you still got to put time in to practice.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Book is easy to read, took me about 20 min to go through release 1 and 2. Don't want to overload my brain trying all 3 straight away.
Spend couple of hours over last 2 days on a chipping green and results looking very promising.
60 degrees wedge was always my go to club, now learning to execute release 2 i feel like lob wedge is redundant.
I also read the book earlier this year. It's funny how it almost feels like it goes against what others have said not to do - almost flipping the wrists and scooping (but not quite if you do it correctly). I picked up the technique pretty easily from the book and the odd video, however it took me another 6 weeks to get the ball to the hole afterwards. I just couldn't get used to the fact that even chipping with a PW, releasing the club properly, it didn't run out anywhere near as much as I expected. 😆 Let alone with the 50°, a couple of times I left it short when I was practically short-sided and didn't think it was possible to.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Haven’t done so yet, but getting very close to pulling the trigger on a combo set of Ping i525/i230s.

We had a Ping demo day at my club last week and both the 525 and the 230 were superb. Felt the 525 in the 5, 6 & 7 is the way to go, just felt smoother.

But, big but, trying to resist.

TigerBear

Visit site
I'm the same have only focused on 1 and 2 so far. He's very prominent on social media and references pages in his book within his instructional videos, so that's been a big help.

Highly recommend to anyone, even if you think you're happy with your short game.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
A wilson D9 7 wood, to replace my old callaway whose shaft literally disintegrated on the rub mark.
I'm still chuntering to myself about 2nd hand club prices, but brands like Wilson still offer some value, and it doesn't look too budget. In fact, I quite like it and its in great nick.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
A wilson D9 7 wood, to replace my old callaway whose shaft literally disintegrated on the rub mark.
I'm still chuntering to myself about 2nd hand club prices, but brands like Wilson still offer some value, and it doesn't look too budget. In fact, I quite like it and its in great nick.
I can't really complain about 2nd hand prices, having recently bought a Ping 7 wood and headcover for 33p.

sunshine

Visit site
I succumbed to the County Golf sale on Castore and bought a black gilet and a white base layer for winter, total of about 38 quid.

ok - so this post tempted me on to the CG website.

Castore jackets, RRP £149, on sale for £29.99 - I've bought stuff from CG many times but this seems to good to be true. Must be something dodgy with the quality

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
G425 5 hybrid. Couldn't resist it, brand new still in the wrapper for £125 with £45 worth of range vouchers to sweeten the deal further.

Risky move swapping out the Nike Vapor 5 hybrid which has been the best club in my bag, but it was getting long in the tooth as demonstrated when the head came flying off a few months back.

Went straight from the shop to the range and did an instant comparison with both clubs, the Ping performed well, looked to be going a little bit further than the Nike with no loss of accuracy.

There is one left at the above price, or a brand new G425 driver for £250 with £65 worth of range vouchers thrown in.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
ok - so this post tempted me on to the CG website.

Castore jackets, RRP £149, on sale for £29.99 - I've bought stuff from CG many times but this seems to good to be true. Must be something dodgy with the quality
I actually returned the gilet but only because I didn't like it. Was a bit too puffy for me and sat up too high around my neck/chin. One thing I noticed was that there was no Castore logo on the chest or anything. I don't know if they normally make them like that, but I wondered if it was a mistake and they had a run of them with no logos they flogged to CG for cheap?? No idea.

The baselayer was nice though. And I went back and picked up a midlayer in the end which is also nice quality. It was this one. Although it was reduced to £20 at the time, it's actually gone back up to 30.