I bought today.....

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not me but I thought it might be of interest to some. My lad went to a PXG fitting session today at a local club. He fancied a 3 wood, their 0211 range is very reasonable and it was a chance to play around. Anyway, he had a great time, it was a proper fitting with a range of shafts, loft and lie checked, loads of balls hit and data checked by Trackman etc. He has ordered a 3 wood with stiff shaft, it ended up being about £170-175.

A fun experience if someone is on the lookout for any type of new club.

What club was that ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Interesting, I need a new hybrid ?
Morpeth and Blackwell Grange GC do them in our part of the world. If you go on their website it shows you the fitting locations.

My lad had a really good time. There was no pressure, they tried lots of options, the fitter couldn't have been nicer. The cost of the 0211 range is a real game changer and brings fitting into range for many more golfers (no PXG, you can't use this in your advertising..........unless you send me free gear of course ?)

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Morpeth and Blackwell Grange GC do them in our part of the world. If you go on their website it shows you the fitting locations.

My lad had a really good time. There was no pressure, they tried lots of options, the fitter couldn't have been nicer. The cost of the 0211 range is a real game changer and brings fitting into range for many more golfers (no PXG, you can't use this in your advertising..........unless you send me free gear of course ?)
It’s bizarre how they have gone from being a premium brand with premium prices to being way cheaper than the middle of the road stuff. I guess it’s all about the bottom line.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It’s bizarre how they have gone from being a premium brand with premium prices to being way cheaper than the middle of the road stuff. I guess it’s all about the bottom line.

Shifting in volume at lower margins, bigger manufacturing volumes will reduce the cost of production as will bulk shipping.

Or could it simply be the fact that they are not paying a huge percentage of tour players silly money? Isn’t it funny how when Rory went to Nike all clothing, clubs and shoes went up or when Rory and tiger went to TM their clubs rocketed it price. Simply put joe public pays their salaries through inflated RRP pricing,

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've played with a couple of guys at our place who have the 0211 driver. They were both very happy with it.

As you say, that range is one of the most affordable out there. One extreme to another.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I ve just ordered a.set of 0211DC irons.
Had the fitting sheets from my Mizunos so it was just a case of getting the shaft sorted.
If I'm not happy then they'll take them back and reshaft, although I didn't ask what cost would be involved ?

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
Had the fitting sheets from my Mizunos so it was just a case of getting the shaft sorted.
If I'm not happy then they'll take them back and reshaft, although I didn't ask what cost would be involved ?

I think you'll like them, I bought my dad a set of these with graphite shafts for his birthday around 6 months ago I he loves them.

I've hit quite a few shots with them myself & they feel good but for me they go way too far, as in 200 yard 7 irons but I'm not the target player for this sort of club. For what you get they are excellent value

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Over the last two years I have turned into a full bag PXG w****r, despite me thinking that the ‘image’ of the brand is rank ?

Started with gen2 woods, then got 0811 gen 3 irons and have Recently added a ‘battle ready bat attack ?’ putter…

Comical names, brash branding and full on rootin tooting yeehaw image aside. They are the best clubs in terms of feel, performance and quality I have ever owned.

They might look a little brash but by god they are soft, delicate and gorgeous to hit.

I also paid way less than pretty much all other OEM’s offerings due to PXG slashing the costs when new generation gear is released.

So I only have vokey wedges now other than PXG and i be swapping them out soon.

I draw the line at getting a PXG bag though. I mean they look smart as anything but I’m not quite ready for the looks it will bring ??

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If bought new. PXG allow you one free shaft swap within the first month or two.

I know because I changed my iron shafts from an X to a Stiff all FOC including collection postage etc.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Over the last two years I have turned into a full bag PXG w****r, despite me thinking that the ‘image’ of the brand is rank ?

Started with gen2 woods, then got 0811 gen 3 irons and have Recently added a ‘battle ready bat attack ?’ putter…

Comical names, brash branding and full on rootin tooting yeehaw image aside. They are the best clubs in terms of feel, performance and quality I have ever owned.

They might look a little brash but by god they are soft, delicate and gorgeous to hit.

I also paid way less than pretty much all other OEM’s offerings due to PXG slashing the costs when new generation gear is released.

So I only have vokey wedges now other than PXG and i be swapping them out soon.

I draw the line at getting a PXG bag though. I mean they look smart as anything but I’m not quite ready for the looks it will bring ??
Do you wear sunglasses on the course at all times as well :cool:? :LOL: Go on, get the bag, you know you want to.......

It's funny, I think the latest range will soften the image for other golfers. They have gone from being only used by 'flash harry's' to very acceptable and part of the norm. If I come to change my irons in the future I will be all over the 0211 range. The fact I can buy individual irons, fitted to me, at the price on offer makes it a no brainer. Why buy a full set where 2 of the clubs will sit in the garage when I can pick just those I use? Only ever heard good things about PXG gear as well.

mister v

Visit site
My Lad bought some taylormade P790's 5-pw for £750 on ebay from a firm called Haytor Ltd , they were delivered next day and im very jealous as they look so cool!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
TM Tour Response balls - tried one I found a while back and it seemed pretty good, the Golf Spy numbers have it very close to my usual Bridgestones as well so worth trying a box I think.

Also added an Under Armour 'Iso-Chill' glove. When it was warm & humid on Saturday peeling the FJ glove on and off was no fun, this UA glove has the kind of mesh ventilation all across the back so hopefully it's bit cooler as we get into summer now. I'm basically an Under Armour superfan these days anyway so might as well have their glove too.

peld

Visit site
Bought a Scotscope with my voucher from coming 3rd in an Open.

First round yesterday with it - wasnt overly impressed with its shot identification and had to do a lot of editing, but do like the stats functions once its all set up. Will look forward to getting more rounds in