I bought today.....

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I can't believe you went out this morning. I'm not sure if I have greater respect now or I am just shaking my head :LOL:. Good shout on the mitts (y)

3 heavy frosts in a row, it was a real effort to get a tee in the ground, it's like concrete. All kinds of strange bounces. It was actually ok until the predicted light snow arrived at 11am. Within a few minutes, it was a proper blizzard. We walked off on the 14th. Passed the first tee, some poor sods were teeing off. 10 minutes later they were back in the clubhouse!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
3 heavy frosts in a row, it was a real effort to get a tee in the ground, it's like concrete. All kinds of strange bounces. It was actually ok until the predicted light snow arrived at 11am. Within a few minutes, it was a proper blizzard. We walked off on the 14th. Passed the first tee, some poor sods were teeing off. 10 minutes later they were back in the clubhouse!
I played a round last January when all the greens were frozen. It was actually hilarious. We had to aim short of every green and then just chip it on, because if you hit the green with a full shot it would bounce 50 feet in the air and end up 20 yards over the back. I believe I shot 97. :ROFLMAO:

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
A new office chair. Been working at home for 2 years now, and am only going back one day a week at some point. The cheap gaming chair I bought for occasional desk use 3 or 4 years back has well passed it's use by date. Given that I am spending 8-10 hours a day in it, Mrs Wedge convinced me to splash on a decent chair. By sheer chance, was in John Lewis last week, and tried a super comfy chair, but balked when I saw the price. Found a refurb company online selling the same chair for half the John Lewis price, and with a wide range of colour options and within the budget I'd set. Delivered just now, and straight into use, what a complete contrast to the "chair" I've been using.....wow. Happy days!!

If anyone happens to be looking for an office chair, I can recommend these guys, the choice and availability is very good. https://2ndhnd.com

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
A new office chair. Been working at home for 2 years now, and am only going back one day a week at some point. The cheap gaming chair I bought for occasional desk use 3 or 4 years back has well passed it's use by date. Given that I am spending 8-10 hours a day in it, Mrs Wedge convinced me to splash on a decent chair. By sheer chance, was in John Lewis last week, and tried a super comfy chair, but balked when I saw the price. Found a refurb company online selling the same chair for half the John Lewis price, and with a wide range of colour options and within the budget I'd set. Delivered just now, and straight into use, what a complete contrast to the "chair" I've been using.....wow. Happy days!!

If anyone happens to be looking for an office chair, I can recommend these guys, the choice and availability is very good. https://2ndhnd.com
What chair did you get?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I played a round last January when all the greens were frozen. It was actually hilarious. We had to aim short of every green and then just chip it on, because if you hit the green with a full shot it would bounce 50 feet in the air and end up 20 yards over the back. I believe I shot 97. :ROFLMAO:

One of my PPs misjudged an approach shot this morning. It went very high, straight into the middle a bunker which is well short of the green, shot back up about 15 yards in the air, and ended up on the fringe of the green.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Bought some long sleeved polo shirts (Sunderland) from County Golf to see if it helps for the winter. £20 each seemed fair

Ooo, I didn’t know this was even a thing. Been thinking I could do with some long sleeve polos to wear when it’s too warm for layers but it might rain…nothing worse than bare skin sweating in a waterproof jacket!

They look decent for £20, any idea what the sizing’s like?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
which?

I bought myself a lenser i18R a few months back.

2500 Lumens or something daft

It’s like the headlamps on the Death Star.

Given that a household downlight is generally 6w and only 350-400lm , I’d be very surprised if it’s 2500lm. I’d suggest using on the lower power of its switchable as that will eat batteries

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Given that a household downlight is generally 6w and only 350-400lm , I’d be very surprised if it’s 2500lm. I’d suggest using on the lower power of its switchable as that will eat batteries

I could not personally tell you using my eye if it’s 2500 lumens (or 3000 as mentioned above) however with it being a LED Lenser and not an Amazon cheapo Chinese one, I’m inclined to trust the numbers as advertised.

What I will say though is that it’s the brightest bloody thing I’ve ever seen and the Range it has is staggering tbh.

Fully rechargeable too thankfully as I agree it would kill me on batts

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Prompted by the thread on mcc plus 4 grips I've ordered another 5 so my wedges and hybrids match my irons and driver.

I've built the bag up over the past 2 years with a real mish mash of grips so it seems right to get then all uniform given its the one thing connecting me to the club.

Boomy

Visit site
A new Powerball Gyroscope training thingy-ma-bob ??? To work on wrist and forearm strength and mobility.
F4EA0AE9-CC2D-4751-AD56-5E4D1BC54A68.jpeg86325381-D7EC-4673-AAC4-CDBC344CDD9D.jpeg

Last edited:

Boomy

Visit site
If you’ve never used one of these before it can take a good bit of practice to actually get them moving.

They do indeed take a bit of practice and getting going - I had one years ago and found it great. It was an older version where you had to start it with a cord, this is an auto start version so hoping it’s smoother than the old one.

Mike79

Visit site
After returning to a standard size putter grip this time last year and having a terrible putting season, I’ve just stuck on an Odyssey Jumbo grip. Time to spend some time on with the putting to ditch some of the 3-putts