I bought today.....

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
A pair of Footjoy Performance Xtreme winter trousers.

Great fit, very comfy when playing over the weekend. Got caught in some heavy rain on Friday, they repelled for a bit, I didn't get wet to the skin, but they creased up quite heavily when wet, disappeared after drying out. They'll be fine in a shower but wouldn't leave out regular waterproofs (I know they're not a replacement).

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
A new house!

kjqNPoy.jpg

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Handsome house @CliveW (y)

A Sunderland (golf) neck warmer from Function18, I hate having a cold neck, and a new glove from the same. My current glove has gone downhill all of a sudden and needs replacing.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
A waterproof Taylormade baseball cap. Didn't even know there was such a thing.

I have an under armour one and hadn't actually realised until I used it in the rain and later noticed it had storm written on the side (which is their waterproof range). It's actually quite useful in a quick downpour! The only issue is it just just funnels all the rain down the back of your neck in prolonged rain.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have an under armour one and hadn't actually realised until I used it in the rain and later noticed it had storm written on the side (which is their waterproof range). It's actually quite useful in a quick downpour! The only issue is it just just funnels all the rain down the back of your neck in prolonged rain.

did think about going for a waterproof bucket hat as probably more practical, but they just look stupid to me.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
did think about going for a waterproof bucket hat as probably more practical, but they just look stupid to me.
I have one, it certainly does the job, the only problem is the same old same old with waterproof stuff like that - it makes my head quite hot and sweaty when wearing it for a while. I used to think they looked a bit silly as you say, but ultimately decided I don't have to look at myself while I'm playing so if it keeps my head dry, who cares.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I own a goretex UA bucket hat.

I agree they do look stupid BUT not as stupid as a man chasing his trolly down the fairway because the wind gusted his brolly. Not as much faff either trying to skewer your brolly into the turf whilst you take a shot.

Genuinely. The bucket hat is a game changer in the rain.

Takes all the effort and annoyance out of winter golf. Not to mention keeping you snug as a bug in a rug.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have one, it certainly does the job, the only problem is the same old same old with waterproof stuff like that - it makes my head quite hot and sweaty when wearing it for a while. I used to think they looked a bit silly as you say, but ultimately decided I don't have to look at myself while I'm playing so if it keeps my head dry, who cares.

Is it a goretex one?

I had a ping non goretex hat and it Was sweat city

The goretex UA one I mention above is very dry inside.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have a Sunderland one and it works perfectly. No rain drips down the beck of your neck, no sweating. I will look a plank, I agree they do look awful, but there are no mirrors on a golf course so I can't see it. Can't look worse than my swing anyway :ROFLMAO:

peld

Visit site
not bought, but booked a driver fitting session with Scott Gourlay for my 40th birthday in December. Just curious to see if im leaving anything on the table

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is it a goretex one?

I had a ping non goretex hat and it Was sweat city

The goretex UA one I mention above is very dry inside.
No it's just a regular Adidas RDY one. I know that Goretex is different gravy but I wasn't willing to pay over twice the price for something I wear only three or four times a year really. 45-50 quid is more than I spend on any item of golf clothing let alone a hat. :p

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No it's just a regular Adidas RDY one. I know that Goretex is different gravy but I wasn't willing to pay over twice the price for something I wear only three or four times a year really. 45-50 quid is more than I spend on any item of golf clothing let alone a hat. :p

Think I paid 35 for mine. Not cheap I agree but penny’s compared to some brollys

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site

I have one as well, taylormade, I’m bald and when I first started using it I thought the rain was getting through there was that much ‘water’ inside…assumed it was condensation in the end and now have a bit of flannel on top of my head before I put the hat on. Helps a bit.

Ps - I put the hat on discreetly so nobody sees me sticking some flannel on me bonce!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have one as well, taylormade, I’m bald and when I first started using it I thought the rain was getting through there was that much ‘water’ inside…assumed it was condensation in the end and now have a bit of flannel on top of my head before I put the hat on. Helps a bit.

Ps - I put the hat on discreetly so nobody sees me sticking some flannel on me bonce!
I think I'd invest in the Goretex one before resorting to that. :LOL: