I bought today.....

Boomy

Visit site
Is that because cyclists are pretty much like golfers and are also a sucker for new equipment? :LOL:

I've got nothing against BOA, I'm sure it works really well and is marginally quicker than shoe laces. But I've seen my mate adjusting his BOA Footjoy's from time to time so the tightening mechanism must slip, in the same the way shoelaces do.

Just reminds me of the apocryphal story about the Americans spending millions of dollars to develop a pen that worked in space, whilst the Russians just used a pencil.

As Jimaroid says laces and bike gears aren’t a good mix so BOA works well for cycling shoes.

I’m not sure marginally quicker than shoe laces really matters? It’s not a race to get shoes on ?

They could need adjusting due to your mates foot size changing, especially in hot weather, feet swell and decrease. I’ve found them much more secure than my laced shoes, and mine get tested each round when I’m wandering up and down sand dunes looking for my ball ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
What other shoes use BOA fitting system? For sport or recreation. I've never seen trainers or football boots for example with BOA.

To me it just sounds like another reason to charge golfers more money. We love to be parted from our cash and the marketing companies do know this :LOL:
My mate is big into running and he told me a lot of running shoes/trainers are using Boa now as well. As well as cycling as said above. I don't think you could ever put it on a football boot because the ball would probably hit the Boa button at some stage and either release the laces, or certainly mess up your control!

Boomy

Visit site
My mate is big into running and he told me a lot of running shoes/trainers are using Boa now as well. As well as cycling as said above. I don't think you could ever put it on a football boot because the ball would probably hit the Boa button at some stage and either release the laces, or certainly mess up your control!

I thought that about football boots as well but then I remembered that the BOA dial is fitted on the back of the heel of the new golf shoes, so if that were done on footie boots it wouldn't get in the way :)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought that about football boots as well but then I remembered that the BOA dial is fitted on the back of the heel of the new golf shoes, so if that were done on footie boots it wouldn't get in the way :)
Eh? Backheeling the ball is fairly commonplace. I don't think there's anywhere you could put it on the boot that you don't use at some point. They've actually gone more towards 'laceless' tech for boots nowadays, where the boot just has tight elastic around the top.

RichA

Visit site
Originally bought these for my elderly father, because I was sick of seeing him walking around in unlaced shoes or wrecking his shoes by slipping them on and off without tying/untying the laces.
They were such a success that I've since put them in both my pairs of golf shoes and my everyday trainers. Instant slip-ons for lazy people.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07RRPP...abc_T1MXEP6HM8XKS8WXAXNV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
0EF09A07-3C6B-4F3C-90C2-66CBA08059BE.jpeg

Boomy

Visit site
Eh? Backheeling the ball is fairly commonplace. I don't think there's anywhere you could put it on the boot that you don't use at some point. They've actually gone more towards 'laceless' tech for boots nowadays, where the boot just has tight elastic around the top.

I've not played footie for quiet a while after an injury tbh. Ahh i never thought of back heels, oops! Yeah I don't think there would be anywhere you could hide a BOA dial. I've no idea on modern football boots tbh as I don't even really watch it anymore, too many overpaid drama queens tripping over a blade of grass for a foul.

D

Deleted member 15344

I think there are lots of different sports that have some sort of system within footwear to help the shoes/boots etc feel more secure

Football boots seem to have these quick fastening boots , puma have done the same for their golf shoes

I have Boa on one pair and they are superb

peld

Visit site
Mine has just arrived, and the quality feels pretty good. The sizing is fine, and is that nice smooth, slightly stretchy material just like the other UA polo I own. Maybe at worst there's a couple of rogue stitches / loose threads here and there, but I've had that with plenty of clothes tbh. I'm actually playing in an hour or so so I'll wear it then probably and see, but it seems pretty nice on first impression. The labels and packaging looked fairly legit, but I guess we'll see if the design all scrubs off after a couple of washes. :LOL:

This was the listing I bought. (in blue)
did it survive a round? are the sizes big/small (based on the adjusted size, not tag!)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
did it survive a round? are the sizes big/small (based on the adjusted size, not tag!)
Yeah I liked it, it felt nice and cool in the afternoon sun. Size-wise it was about right, maybe a fraction big, but the next one down would probably have been too small. So their XL=M is probably about right. It's just on the slightly bigger side of medium. They give the chest measurement on there anyway and they reckon 'XL=M' is 39-40 which I think is pretty normal for a medium.

sunshine

Visit site
I think there are lots of different sports that have some sort of system within footwear to help the shoes/boots etc feel more secure

Football boots seem to have these quick fastening boots , puma have done the same for their golf shoes

I have Boa on one pair and they are superb

You've just reminded me of the Reebok Pump trainers when I was a kid. Always wanted a pair but they were too expensive :ROFLMAO:

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So purchased a new Callaway epic driver to replace my second hand Rogue.
Plus a 3 iron cross over .
Also got told to stop over thinking it and trying to steer and control it.. found 10mph more of ball speed when brain was disengaged .. so need to take that to the course ?

FELL75

Visit site
So purchased a new Callaway epic driver to replace my second hand Rogue.
Plus a 3 iron cross over .
Also got told to stop over thinking it and trying to steer and control it.. found 10mph more of ball speed when brain was disengaged .. so need to take that to the course ?
Have done something similar. Gone from Epic Flash driver to an Epic Max LS, the difference in spin was notable. Also went for an Apex 3H. Just got to wait now?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have done something similar. Gone from Epic Flash driver to an Epic Max LS, the difference in spin was notable. Also went for an Apex 3H. Just got to wait now?
I did not look at the head … apart from it being set to 12 degrees because my launch angle is 0! It has a hazardous smoke regular shaft .. which is fine for me and the crossover has a 70g stiff in .. both available to be taken home.