I bought today.....

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Said I wasn’t buying anything this year... that lasted 2 months.
Just received an Evnroll ER2 Black, nearly identical to my Bettinardi Queen B8 but black.

Beauty. Enjoy. Still think they're highly underrated.

Have the standard ER2 and loved it but my stroke has 'evolved' so likely on it's way soon ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
An Adidas quarter zip pullover and a Footjoy polo from Foremost Golf for the grand total of £9.95 thanks to GM and the voucher they sent me! (y)

Springveldt

Visit site
Broke my own rules and bought an used TS2 driver on Ebay. £190. Head is in great shape and pretty sure its kosher. Took it out on the course yesterday at Weston. I am sure the ball was coming off much quicker than my 917 and flying nicely. Will have to check it on the trackman next week to compare. Pleased so far
Did the same last August when I bought an Epic Flash for £220 as it had a sky mark but it had the shaft I wanted and was at the loft I wanted. Came with no head cover as well which made me nervous.
Got on GC2 straight away and gained ball speed over my M1 so knew it was legit. First time buying from a non PGA seller on eBay, happy it worked out well.

On topic, bought 2 dozen Bridgestone Tour B RX in optic yellow for £23 a dozen at AG. Also bought 2 polos and a 1/4 zipper for £30 delivered from County Golf.

Chico84

Visit site
On topic, bought 2 dozen Bridgestone Tour B RX in optic yellow for £23 a dozen at AG. Also bought 2 polos and a 1/4 zipper for £30 delivered from County Golf.

Are they on special offer? I need to get some more of these and that is better than half price! I also have an AG voucher burning a hole in my pocket.

ferenezejohn

Visit site
It lasted about 45 mins or so? I had another a short while ago when pondering Srixon at another retailer and the two processes were slightly different and had slightly different results. Ultimately I went with the one that 'felt' right to me. Its difficult to quantify in specifics to be honest.

IMHO the fitting process is going to throw out different results based on how I swing on the day and how the fitter interprets that. Ultimately, its down to me to 'feel' the improvement or benefit and make the call myself whether its genuine and worthwhile. I do intend to visit Tour X in Wigan at some point this year for a proper independent driver fitting that I *pay* for as they have a very good reputation. Should be an interesting experience.

Cant wait to play the clubs, genuinely felt great to hit and at £400 cost to change I can live with it if I fall out of love relatively quickly...
Thanks for the reply

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bought myself a matching f9 one length hybrid

Both should arrive Wednesday

So that's a 21 and 24 degree to replace my current hybrid and 5 iron

Bought matching grips

Will be interesting to see if they improve my hybrid consistency

Visit site
2 Nike base layers
3 footjoy gloves
And a new pair of UA trousers.

Don’t know if this is classed as panic buying or just getting some gear for the new season.

On the look out for a new waterproof suit. Can anyone recommends the Cross range??
Would save me shelling out for GG.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
2 Nike base layers
3 footjoy gloves
And a new pair of UA trousers.

Don’t know if this is classed as panic buying or just getting some gear for the new season.

On the look out for a new waterproof suit. Can anyone recommends the Cross range??
Would save me shelling out for GG.

I have the Cross FTX range of waterproofs. I can't fault it at all so far. I have a problem with Gore Tex in that it's never kept me dry apart from a Peak Performance that was great until the shoulder seams started to peak away and then I started getting wet.

What I will say is that it's heavier than paclite or 3 layer gore construction waterproofs but it's quieter and softer. I have a set of paclite Sunice that I keep for summer but overall the Cross stuff for me is tremendous kit.

richbeech

Hacker
Visit site
Didn't plan on changing my irons for another few years but my friend brought some MP20 blades when they very first came out. I had a hit of his clubs a few times and thought they were gorgeous. Then lately I've been going up the local driving range and everytime I've been up I've had them set me up a 7 iron. Tried my current shaft to begin with (Project X 6.0) and hit it great but then my friend suggested I try the KBS C-Taper 120 stiff and after 2 hits that was it, I knew instantly I had to have them.

I tried another couple of shafts the range had available and went back to the Project X to double check but the C-Tapers just felt way nicer for me. The range offered me a decent enough deal on my old irons so I went for it, ordered 4 to wedge and never looked back. I then went on to buy the T20 gap wedge, Hi-Toe sand wedge and a HMB 4 iron from my friend who originally bought the MP20s. His spec is half an inch longer so it meant I could bend the HMB 4 iron to 21 degrees and it effectivly became a 3 iron.

Seems a bit crazy to go from not changing clubs to changing half my bag pretty much but so far it's worked out great for me. I'm now contemplating getting a new 3 wood (I've come this far I might as well lol!) and then that's it my bag will be ready for the new season :D

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Didn't plan on changing my irons for another few years but my friend brought some MP20 blades when they very first came out. I had a hit of his clubs a few times and thought they were gorgeous. Then lately I've been going up the local driving range and everytime I've been up I've had them set me up a 7 iron. Tried my current shaft to begin with (Project X 6.0) and hit it great but then my friend suggested I try the KBS C-Taper 120 stiff and after 2 hits that was it, I knew instantly I had to have them.

I tried another couple of shafts the range had available and went back to the Project X to double check but the C-Tapers just felt way nicer for me. The range offered me a decent enough deal on my old irons so I went for it, ordered 4 to wedge and never looked back. I then went on to buy the T20 gap wedge, Hi-Toe sand wedge and a HMB 4 iron from my friend who originally bought the MP20s. His spec is half an inch longer so it meant I could bend the HMB 4 iron to 21 degrees and it effectivly became a 3 iron.

Seems a bit crazy to go from not changing clubs to changing half my bag pretty much but so far it's worked out great for me. I'm now contemplating getting a new 3 wood (I've come this far I might as well lol!) and then that's it my bag will be ready for the new season :D

Last September my bag was great, didn't need anything, was very happy with it.

Now only my driver and putter remain from that settled excellent bag I had! New irons, new wedges, new fairway, crossover sacked and an old man's 7 wood now in the bag!

Thickle!

njc1973

Head Pro
Visit site
New driver, it's a beast, 800-1000 rpm less spin than my old one and 5mph more clubhead speed. The best part is it's noticeably longer on the course.

Tried a few different makes and shafts but ended up with the Taylormade Sim Max and the stock Ventus shaft

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
New driver, it's a beast, 800-1000 rpm less spin than my old one and 5mph more clubhead speed. The best part is it's noticeably longer on the course.

Tried a few different makes and shafts but ended up with the Taylormade Sim Max and the stock Ventus shaft

Did you try the Callaway Mavrik? Only reason I ask is like yourself I know of two people now who have had driver fittings and walked out with the Sim and the TM Sim has blown the Callaway out of the water.

njc1973

Head Pro
Visit site
Did you try the Callaway Mavrik? Only reason I ask is like yourself I know of two people now who have had driver fittings and walked out with the Sim and the TM Sim has blown the Callaway out of the water.
I did, the normal one and the sub-zero, both with 2-3 different shafts, it was actually the one I expected to walk away with as I'd taken a few just to hit myself on the simulator and the standard mavrik was the front runner.

However, when I tested them all at the same time on the launch monitor the Sim Max had the slightly better dispersion (sideways & front to back) and felt easier to swing hard if I wanted a few extra yards.

There wasn't much difference in the ball speed or distance, it was more a feeling thing if that makes any sense

Chico84

Visit site

I had a fitting back in January (didn’t buy anything in the end) and tried the Sim Max, Mavrik and Ping G410 Plus. The Mavrik was by far the least usable one for my, admittedly fairly novice, swing. I just couldn’t get the strike on it that I could with the other two. (In the end I settled for a second hand TM M1 for a fraction of the price that I can hit pretty well anyway.)