I bought today.....

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A 60g black tie shaft for my 3w. Experimenting with a 50g stiff in the driver (-10g) so running the same trial with the 3w.

Dam yoooochooooob bloggers suggesting lighter shafts!

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Were you joined mate?

Gone back to matfen hall mate
Hopefully encourage me to play more
They've been recently bought out, last year, hopefully plenty investment coming the way of the golf courses, as they've done a complete refurb on the hall, hotel, spent a bomb. They shut hotel in November and not due to open again til may.
By all accounts, they've recruited 3 additional greens staff and bought all new greens machinery too, so looking up

D

Deleted member 16999

They've been recently bought out, last year, hopefully plenty investment coming the way of the golf courses, as they've done a complete refurb on the hall, hotel, spent a bomb. They shut hotel in November and not due to open again til may.
By all accounts, they've recruited 3 additional greens staff and bought all new greens machinery too, so looking up
From what I’ve heard that’s a good decision, hopefully the investment reaps rewards as it’s a decent course to start with.??

Zig

Visit site
From what I’ve heard that’s a good decision, hopefully the investment reaps rewards as it’s a decent course to start with.??
Linden Hall is another in that part of the world that I think would be fab with a bit more investment. Great Par 3 combo, and the tightest opening tee shot you can find!

AliMc

Visit site
Went to Matfen Hall with a mate a couple of years ago, he was looking to organise an outing and wanted a recce, really enjoyed it, got a good deal and the food portions were massive !

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Linden Hall is another in that part of the world that I think would be fab with a bit more investment. Great Par 3 combo, and the tightest opening tee shot you can find!

Yes linden Hall is indeed a great lay out, 1 of the best in the area in my opinion
Unfortunately it's had very little investment for over a decade, real shame, but some great holes on there.
The 1st off back tees is quite daunting, played an open there years ago, visually felt like the trees both sides were closing in on me!!
It's a hell of a walk around there mind, walks between some greens and tees are huge.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was a member at Linden for 2 years. It's one of the best layouts in the county, possibly the region. The hotel chain that own it don't care about it sadly. It's maintained to a minimum level but no more. They want it to look nice as hotel guests look out at it but they are not bothered about the details that make a difference to golfers, green speeds being the blindingly obvious one.

If ever a rich golf fan wanted a toy that is very nearly there then Linden is it. The effort to improve the course and then the hotel would not be crazy and it could make it a real golfers destination. In fact, it sounds like they need the person who has bought Matfen ?

Can I just add, the 1st is only daunting if you hit your tee shot far enough to go through the funnelled rise. You and @moogie are just showing off ?

D

Deleted Member 1156

This is such a random thread :ROFLMAO:

I went to the Co-Op today and bought some bread.
Having Chinese tonight, will probably have 125, 78, 33, 56 and 14. I'll update you later on what we actually order (y)
Can't stand #78, way too many water chestnuts for my liking ?

sunshine

Visit site
Can't stand #78, way too many water chestnuts for my liking ?

:ROFLMAO:

I understand people listing their golf related purchases, I just find it really weird that others listing mundane or random things they have bought. I'm waiting for someone to list in detail their weekly Sainsbury's shop next.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I understand people listing their golf related purchases, I just find it really weird that others listing mundane or random things they have bought. I'm waiting for someone to list in detail their weekly Sainsbury's shop next.
If it's any help I bought a flat white and a piece of almond frangipane today and I'll be buying a bag of spuds later to make mash for dinner :geek:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site

does my pie and mash purchase not interest you?

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
hopefully bought all the golf balls I will need for the year today, a few dozen Vice Pro's on the way and 3 of their gloves too. After trying a few gloves they seem to be the best fit.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
A few dozen for the season? ???????

Although I am prone to losing a few balls, I’m trying to focus a lot more on my short game and want to use the same ball for practise as I play with so have effectively allowed for that too.

Works out quite a bit cheaper buying in bulk from Vice too, so with a bit of luck (and improvement) they will last more than this year.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Although I am prone to losing a few balls, I’m trying to focus a lot more on my short game and want to use the same ball for practise as I play with so have effectively allowed for that too.

Works out quite a bit cheaper buying in bulk from Vice too, so with a bit of luck (and improvement) they will last more than this year.

I used vice balls a few years ago and thought they were decent so might look at getting some more of those or the snell balls

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I used vice balls a few years ago and thought they were decent so might look at getting some more of those or the snell balls

I’ve used them before and liked them, more recently used AD333 or chrome soft. I wanted to pick a ball and stick with it and after watching some reviews decided to go back to the Vice.

I’m not running out of things to buy that aren’t clubs....

D

Deleted Member 1156

To be fair. Talking as a rough looking Glaswegian in exile also...

I do enjoy a flat white and a Cake. Mans cake though, like millionaires shortbread! ?

mmmmmm ?
You should get into cycling, all good rides finish with coffee and cake (y)