Hybrid Required

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm struggling with my current hybrid. I've never really got on with them. I've had Mizuno, Cleveland and now Adams (which was sacked 1/2 way round on Saturday and Cleveland re-installed but I'm not confident with that) and need a forgiving 190/200 meter (x degree) hybrid.

Help!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ping G25. I tried one last year, my son had one, and I bought one as soon as I got home. Easy to hit, well balanced. Hit it as slowly as you can.

Smasher

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hands down a Titleist 818 H1.
I thought my Cobra F6 hybrid was easy to hit until i hit the 818 H1. Sits really easily/well behind the ball to.

merv79

Head Pro
www.ferndowngolfclub.co.uk
With your statement about never really getting on with hybrids, it sounds very similar to my situation some time ago.

Have you tried a driving iron such as the Srixon Z U65? They are possibly not quite as versatile as hybrids but you might find you get on better with them than hybrids, i certainly did.

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ll second a Ping G25 although most ping G series will be good. I didn’t get on with the Adams ones or call away but that was some time ago and I am swinging better now.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I bought Tit 818Hs but resold the 19 degree because I did not hit it any better than my existing Taylormade The 24 is going superbly.

My mate has a Callie RAZR X 24 going if you are interested.

D

Deleted member 18121

I've got the 3 and 4 of the benross htx compressor type r hybrid - they're cheap as chips new and adjustable.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
But are they easy to hit with?
In all honesty, if you've had 3 or more hybrids and struggled with all of them, what makes you think there's a magic one out there?

I'm similar in that I can't hit a hybrid - I've only had two though, the first one had a really light shaft (55g) so I changed to a 70g one, but still struggled with it again. My next option I think is to try a still-heavier one if I can find one, or just give it up as a bad job and stick to long irons.

I guess what I'm saying is, trying yet another random hybrid based on nothing but forum suggestions probably won't help. Particularly if you haven't identified why the previous ones didn't work.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
In all honesty, if you've had 3 or more hybrids and struggled with all of them, what makes you think there's a magic one out there?

I'm similar in that I can't hit a hybrid - I've only had two though, the first one had a really light shaft (55g) so I changed to a 70g one, but still struggled with it again. My next option I think is to try a still-heavier one if I can find one, or just give it up as a bad job and stick to long irons.

I guess what I'm saying is, trying yet another random hybrid based on nothing but forum suggestions probably won't help. Particularly if you haven't identified why the previous ones didn't work.

There will be one somewhere. I went through loads of drivers (far too many to count) to find the one that works even using a £5 Dunlop one for a while!!! Five sets of irons, until settling on Cleveland CG16, but now have an itch for some Cleveland 588 MT. Wedges? Three different types. We can't all afford to go and buy new and be fitted, or have them given to us by manufacturers coz we're Pros. E bay buy and sell until you find the ones that work. Nature of the beast of being a amature golfer.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
There will be one somewhere. I went through loads of drivers (far too many to count) to find the one that works even using a £5 Dunlop one for a while!!! Five sets of irons, until settling on Cleveland CG16, but now have an itch for some Cleveland 588 MT. Wedges? Three different types. We can't all afford to go and buy new and be fitted, or have them given to us by manufacturers coz we're Pros. E bay buy and sell until you find the ones that work. Nature of the beast of being a amature golfer.
Haha, I did the same with drivers at the start of last year to be fair, but it can be exhausting with all that trial and error. Oh well, I hope you get lucky with one then. :thup:

Senseicads

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've just replaced my 5w 4i and old Wilson hybrid that I got off ebay with a 3h, 4h, 5h in the ping G400 range. I love them, they are ridiculously easy to hit. I've actually got to the point with them now that I don't feel I can miss with them, which is very dangerous!! :) love em. But like others have said it's really personal. my old Wilson hybrid I was hitting well one in three shots. just seemed really unreliable and offered me no confidence at all.