HTC or Apple

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
First of all I havent a scooby what an HTC phone is- I've been Apple for years.

However, a friend who is pretty senior at Cisco swears by HTC over Apple and sent me pics and video I thought was taken on his Nikon DSLR and they were well ahead of my iPhone 5.

So, anyone savvy know the pro's and cons of HTC over Apple and what HTC is and what HTC phone is best as I'll be looking for 5 of them.

Scotty Cameron

Head Pro
Visit site
Been using Macs since 1994 but have never had an iPhone, I have always used Android. For me, the phones don't do it the way their computers do.

Had a HTC once, battery was crap and got dust behind the screen, now have a LG3 and its a fantastic phone as well as a camera, even ditched my Panny P&S in favour of the LG.

Martin70

Head Pro
Visit site
I had HTC phones for years - eventually became disappointed with them. Recently switched to a Samsung through Tesco and it's easily the best phone I've had.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've had HTC's and Samsungs but none have compared to the iPhone, and I've always ended up back with Apple. My contract is running out soon, and not even considering another phone. It's going to be an iPhone 6+ 64GB.

DCB

Visit site
Had HTCs as my last two company phones and couldn't fault them, they did waht they were supposed to do and did it well. Currently got a Nokia and am really quite impressed with what is can do. All the usual work guff, email, diary etc are sync'd and run faultlessly.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
so inconclusive really, some love Apple, some love HTC (whatever that is) or android phones.

No-ones really said why one is best over the other for normal users who want a very good camera and user friendly interface.

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
Changed mine last November and opted for the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact after quite a bit of research. It's my first android having previously been a "Nokia boy" since the 90's. Their Lumia's on WP8 are good but I was constantly disappointed by the lack of App availability on that platform.....the only major thing I would fault WP for btw. Never had an iPhone but have used an iPod Touch for years. To me they are very easy to use, maybe too simple as the one button has always annoyed me a little. I don't do games, video streaming etc and don't care which is better for stuff like that so it's horses for courses I suppose.

For me, I find the Sony has better camera, comparable music player, much better (double) battery life, all of which are important to me as well as being waterproof as a bonus. Lower price, more versatile and better functionality where I need it is why I went for it.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
I got a HTC m8 and have to say it is a beautifully made phone and works very very well. Camera is good, screen is excellent and it is more than powerful enough for anything I use it for. Was considering a Sony but the HTC feels much nicer in the hand.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
so inconclusive really, some love Apple, some love HTC (whatever that is) or android phones.

No-ones really said why one is best over the other for normal users who want a very good camera and user friendly interface.

If you want a friendly UI, then as far as I'm concerned, you have to go Apple. I don't hate Android, but everything is more difficult on an Android, whenever I use it it feels overly complex. If you want to do something on an iPhone, you can work out how to do it very easily, the OS is so intuitive. You also have to put up with adverts being installed with apps on Android. I was constantly getting pop-ups telling me to download games I wasn't interested in, just because I'd installed an app. iOS is far easier to use, less goes wrong, and the new Apple devices with the retina displays are incredible. The 6+ is beautiful to look at. I've had a Galaxy Note, and the screen on that was nowhere near as clear, or high-res as the 6+. The camera's might not be quite as good as the Samsungs or HTC's, but the iPhone cameras have definitely improved, and the picture quality on the 6 and 6+ is excellent.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been thinking of upgrading my phone (Galaxy S2) for months but haven't gotten around to doing it. Now that I've broken my phone this morning by sitting on it, :angry: :(, it's time.

Never really fancied an iPhone (too expensive) so in our house it's been the Galaxy line (S, S2 and S3). I looked at S5 but doing research on other phones, I think I'll go for the Xperia Z3 just for a change. I like the long battery time, 'HD' sound playback, high res camera.

TBH, they seem much the same....like the look of the OnePlus One phone. Anyone got one?

Darren24

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have Galaxy s4 and wife has iPhone. But for a new phone I would go with Sony experia z3. It's more powerful than any Apple htc or Samsung and has a 4k hd picture. Cost less then others too. Each to their own but the Sony z3 gets my vote.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
cheers chaps, I think its coming down to Sony Z3 or iPhone6. I like them both.....but which is better....

...only one way to find out.......Ffff

Pin-seeker

Visit site
All the latest phones from the likes of Apple,Samsung,HTC & Nokia are good.
It's personal preference IMO.
I always stick with Apple because I'm use to it & can't be arsed getting use to anything else.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oh, another thing I forgot to mention. I despise the Android keyboard. No matter how big the phone, the keyboard was never big enough, and the spaces between letters was never big enough. Typing on an iPhone is much more intuitive, and far less frustrating. I've used 5 or 6 Android phones, and every single one had a shitty keyboard. The only touch keyboard I've enjoyed using other than an iPhone is the Nokia Lumia keyboard, which is excellent.