How would you spend a £100 golf voucher?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Just for a bit of fun (this is NOT a competition!) - if you were to have £100 hand-out how would you spend it? It can be on anything to do with golf so a green fee, or contribution to one, or the same with a club, clothing, shoes, anything...

I think I'd head to the coast and get in 18 holes somewhere amazing links-wise. Just had a look and the winter green fee at Wallasey is £80 which would leave me with enough for a bit to eat

We'll use the best replies online, cheers

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think I would use it for a new 52° wedge, it is the one I use most around the green. My current one is pretty worn and it needs replacing.

Any left over would go towards playing a fun, local, away course.

Not a very exciting answer, sorry.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’d bank it. Boring I know but I don’t need anything at present so it would be a pointless exercise. If I had to spend it then it would be on range balls to get me through the winter nights….. or gin!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have this problem nearly every year - what to do with my proshop credit?

I have got a load of stuff bought that was not really needed. Bags, balls, wedges

So if it could be used anywhere probably a green for a course not played yet in this area. Need a bit more for the one I am thinking of (Remedy Oak).

thebigreason

Visit site
I'd treat my brother to some nice new TP5 Pix balls. He's often chucking a few my way as we go round, would be nice to repay the favour and treat him for once.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
A bit tongue in cheek (only a bit mind you)
Two of us for golf were £180 quid - lunch (burger and chips, a cola and sticky toffee pudding each was £52 quid) not cheap at all but same sort of price for food as the Links clubhouse at St Andrews a few days later. I'd never actually thought about Gleneagles as somewhere I wanted to play and definitely my pre conceived idea was it would be a rip off - wasn't at all really - staff were brilliant, course was beautiful, food was decent. We'll probably go back to play the Kings on a twilight next year.