How would you improve the Masters?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
I'm doing a feature the website on this and looking for a bundle of ideas on how Augusta could be improved?

What would you like to see more of?

How could the coverage be improved?

How could the eligibility be improved?

What don't you like about the course? (Personally don't like the Sunday pin at 16 but am probably a lone voice here)

Which traditions don't you like?

Anything else?

Cheers

D

Deleted member 15344

I'm doing a feature the website on this and looking for a bundle of ideas on how Augusta could be improved?

What would you like to see more of?

How could the coverage be improved?

How could the eligibility be improved?

What don't you like about the course? (Personally don't like the Sunday pin at 16 but am probably a lone voice here)

Which traditions don't you like?

Anything else?

Cheers
1. allow full coverage

2. Bin of the invites to player in the same way as the Open

3. And of course get rid of all the nonsense of patrons etc etc

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I dont like that they are lengthening the course - does that count?

The coverage from their own website was brilliant in the pandemic - not sure if thats planned to continue?

I dont see much point in the trophy they recieve - the green jacket is trophy enough - but thats just nitpicking for the sake of it :ROFLMAO:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I like it as is, and the way it is. I like the honorary starters but if I was going to tweak anything it would be allowing all former winners to compete when most aren't capable of playing the course well and shooting over well par. I'd like something like a 15 year exemption

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Stop Sandy Lyle playing.

Go back to no rough if it’s dry and firm.

Use the same sand as Bay Hill.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I think the only thing for me would be to show more of the actual golf.

We dont need replays of something that happened decades ago or to keep seeing a scoreboard with the flowers in the background.

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
I like it as is, and the way it is. I like the honorary starters but if I was going to tweak anything it would be allowing all former winners to compete when most aren't capable of playing the course well and shooting over well par. I'd like something like a 15 year exemption
I'm not really bothered about the former winners completing, it's not as if we see every shot the play unless near the top of the leaderboard. if not they might show a glimpse of them and it's a fitting honour

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Full tv coverage

Ditch the boiler suits for the caddies

Ditch the full exemption for past winners and limit it to 10 years, 15 max

End the language restrictions, they have spectators, they have rough etc but woe betide anyone say that :rolleyes:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm not really bothered about the former winners completing, it's not as if we see every shot the play unless near the top of the leaderboard. if not they might show a glimpse of them and it's a fitting honour

I just think they have the opportunity to invite other players, who have a chance to at least be competitive. If not why not reward some more top amateur players? Anything but Sandy Lyle in those silly braces trying to break 80

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Full coverage is already available on the app, every shot from every player.

I cant get past Augusta, the club, literally a bunch of rich men, in uniforms being as exclusive as possible. It hammers home every golf prejudice there is. One of the most important golf events highlighting everything wrong with golf.

aye but it's pap... takes ages for them to load the shots they're normally on the next tee when the approach shot has been uploaded