How was everyones golfing weekend

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Beside watching the Open-How many go out to play and how did everyone get on?
I will start----
Played Sat Stapleford yesterday 38 Pts with blanks on 16(par 4) & 18 (par 5), Drove into a water hazard on 16 and then put my third shot on 18 OOB.
Today monthly medal shot 74 net-(3 over par)-a triple bogey on 15 a bit of a set back.
Conditions difficult with a strong breeze(not Birkdale strength) but happy enough with both performances.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not bad rgs......good stableford at 38 with two blobs.

I/we didn't play. The Sat comp was knocked on the head for a big club event today. I couldn't play and watched the action from Birkdale.

Incidentaly, I think Dr. StaBleford might regret you getting his name wrong. He played on occasion at Birkdale....not far from where the format was first introduced.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
First introduced at Hoylake if I am not mistaken...on my side of the Mersey, and a few good courses in that area too.

I snook a cheeky 18 in last night, first game in over 2 weeks, wish I hadn't now as it was the worst game I have ever played. Out tommorow though

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played yesterday and apart from a birdie on the 5th it was the same mediocrity. Unfortunately woke up this morning with a reoccurrence of a niggling bag problem and after trying to swing a few wedges in the garden and feeling sharp shooting pains decided to pull out of the monthly medal.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have only had time for a range session both today and yesterday and I was striking my irons superbly, I have been working for a while now on getting the perfect ball then turf strike and I appear to have finally cracked it for good having only shown glimpses of how it should be done before now. I have a much more penetrating flight now and can shape the ball easier also. I think I'm going to book a lesson for next saturday though just to make sure it is all going well, plus I need some work on my woods which are completely on and off at the moment- I'll crack one down the middle on one hole and then hit my next tee shot O.O.B which is frustrating as if I could eradicate the lost balls off the tee in conjunction with the all too frequent complete miss hit then I would be off single figures. My decent shots really are good, if I could repeat them every time I could be much better I just struggle with consistency. Overall I am happy with the weekend showing- my game is in all round good nick; on the range anyway ;) I have 18 holes planned tomorrow so hopefully it is the same on the course.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Wind like I havent seen in a long time, stuck with my plan of using 3 iron off most tees, wind against or not, didnt break 90 due to some silly decisions, the less said the better, roll on monthly medal next week!!

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
just the range for me, I took HID with me to film my swing and see how its coming on, I am almost over my coming over the top condition. And then wedged my ass into the sofa with several beers and shouted at Ross fisher (well the few shots the crap BBC coverage showed)

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Would have gone out early on all morning prior to the coverage starting but for the fact the missus is also off work.

However shall be able to put all that to rights tomorrow when off down to the course & range to loosen up before 3 days playing Wensum Valley

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Buffer Zone in the medal on Saturday more than happy considering how strong the wind was.

Today was hit and miss with the driver so ended up 4 over my handicap.

mrobbie

Club Champion
Visit site
Played Friday, and was shocking. Can't recall any spectuacularly bad shots, just kind of hacked round to a 97.

Got a few beers into me throughout the afternoon watching The Open on telly. Must have done me some good as I played on Saturday, shot 84 for 39 points and pulled the handicap down to 14.5 - delighted. Nailed every drive on what is known to be a particularly tight course.

Played another 18 after work yesterday - worse than Friday's efforts! Got to the course late after getting held up at work and was pretty flustered. Did not even count score past the 5th hole - I just knew it was never going to click. Was driving either crap or immense. Nothing in between. Putting was a joke - but I never even read a single putt before hitting. I think I lost 10 balls in the round.

Got another 9 holes planned for tonight. Day off the game tomorrow I think.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Hi,
Played 18 on Saturday and finished on 88, had to play the back 9 alone as my playing partner walked off due to a shocking first 9. Played 12 yesterday and birdied the first, boggied the 2nd and triple boggied the par 3 third :( decent driving approch shots hit and miss but something always let me down, probs lack of concentraction.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Course shut on Sat, invitation day.

Played Sunday, couldn't hit a barn door, but had one of those days where all the rubbish adds up to a decent score. 80, net 68. Not in a comp though, so pointless.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Didn't get a chance at the weekend so I'm off out this morning - last chance before a weeks holiday in Yorkshire and then straight back to a doubles knockout in 2 Sunday's time.

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Played Saturday in 20mph winds shot 105 which is about 10 better than normal, discovered my slice has become a draw somehow ,also found out my chipping and putting are woeful but I'm still smiling!