How old are your clubs?

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
AS the subject says, how old are the clubs you are using? Bar someone using vintage hickory shafted niblics I would reckon the set I'm using will take some beating.

Bar my R11 driver and fairways, my irons are Wilson X31, made 1968

ANy one playing with something older?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Playing with something that's 1961 vintage today as well as something from the 50's too.

Oh sorry, that's Fragger and CVG.... :D

Red X putter is my oldest club followed by the Launcher, everything else is pretty new...

HickoryShaft

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Updated most of my stuff recently when I really decided to focus on golf and try to get my H/C down.

I was lucky enough to get the Burners as a gift from work for doing 25 years service - and yes I was only a nipper when I started there!! :p

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Mine are quite new then.

CIMG0602-1.jpg

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
My oldest club is an early Taylormade rescue club, or maybe its my Odyssey putter.

At the other end of the scale, my Ping S57's are less than 3 months old.

thegogg

Head Pro
www.vlgc.co.uk
All my clubs are newish as I'm an "all the gear, no idea" type of guy. I'm a salesman dream but should know better as I'm a national sales manager :(

I do have an old (1970's I believe) Spalding TPM 17 putter that I just love and won't change even after buying and trying various Ping & Odyssey models :D

SG86

Medal Winner
Visit site
Think the oldest in my 60* Vokey that I got 9 years ago. rusted up very nicely now.

Apart from that my ZB's are about 4 years old.

SG

S

Snelly

My irons are 10 years old I think.

Best I have ever used apart from a set of super stiff Titleist Tour Model forged that I used to have about 20 years ago.

I am not good enough to use clubs like that any more!

SwingSlow

Head Pro
Visit site
All clubs I use 4 years or under, bought when I stopped working full time. Although as you mention it there is a hickory shafted club in the garage that my uncle gave me 15 years ago - unfortunately the shaft is split so if anyone knows where I can get it fixed that would be helpful.

Crawfy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Dont play with them, but I still have the first full set I learned on ( and I think my dad learned on them too) Macgregor irons - with lead inserts (?) and leather (yes you read that correctly)grips !!

I remember jumping for joy the first time I got a 3 iron shot above knee hight

OMG - I thought I was Seve when dad got me new clubs for my 16th Bday - blades with rubber handles !!! (no cavitys back then)

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Irons...8 years old
Driver..4 years old
3 Wood..10 years old
Putter..6 years old

I've been playing golf since 2000,and only started playing again several weeks ago,after not playing for 3 years,so haven't really had that many clubs since starting.
I really cannot understand how anybody can groove any kind of consistency in there game,when they are replacing clubs on a regular basis.
I know people,who change equipment twice yearly !!!

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My Ping Eye 2 irons celebrated their 20th birthday this year. We had a little party and everything. No plans to change as I still hit them really well.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nothing in my bag much older than 18 months and the way they are going they won't be staying there much longer :mad:

tagnut69

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My Anser putter is from the 70's and Eye2 irons around 95, got a spare set from late 80's as well.
I was given a set of Wilson X31's last week, sadly missing the 5iron though but with aluminium shafts

Spiral

Hacker
Visit site
In some cases, pretty old - last week I played with two young lads of 14 and 15 years old respectively. Some of my kit is older than they are!

My Cleveland VAS irons are circa 1998, my Ping putter is from about 1996, my Callaway 5-wood is around mid-nineties vintage as is my Mizuno T-Zoid 7-wood.

The newest club I own will be a Ping G10 driver once it returns from Ping after a refurb. I've bought it off my dad, so I think it's about two years old.

The real pensioner in my bag is my Hippo Plus 3-wood: it dates from about 1988 I think.