How often do you make eagle?

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
One in about 20 years ...

A 5 hybrid, 185 yards from the light rough, bounced a couple of times and into the hole. Not that i remember it with any special affection of course - just run of the mill stuff ....

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had one at Hopwood last week 4 iron to green on par five 12th I think down hill.
Couple a year but I don't go for the par 5s if I have a card in my hand at our place the punishment is to severe.
learnt the hard way make more birdies from 90yrd lay up.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Used to have a few a year but not had one since 2015... birdies seem to have dried up a bit this year to. Used to be at least 2 a round but now I'm lucky if its 2 a month... I hate golf!

Hopefully, next weeks 4 days at St Andrews see an improvement.

londonlewis

Tour Rookie
www.golfdrawer.com
1 on par 3

Classy!

Can't remember which professional it was but a bunch of them were talking about holes in one and albatrosses on TV. Maybe it was around the time that Oosthuizen holed out for an albatross in the Masters.

So they then starting asking each other if they'd hit an albatross. One says 'yeah, I have hit one', follow up question was whether he'd hit a hole in one 'yeah, same hole'.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
One in 15 years. Was a short chip-in on a par 5 from about 10 feet off the green. I had two shots on the hole too. 6 points didn't make me popular with playing partners for a few holes.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Down the years I've had dozens....maybe 50 or 60.
That was back in the day mainly..
These days I get a couple a year - had one yesterday!
We don't have any drivable par 4s - shortest is 365 so it's going to be on a par 5 or HiO at the Zoo..

Tiger man

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Think I have had 5 this year if memory serves me right. All on par 5's being on in 2, never holed anything from over 60 yards though so the only eagles I have ever had on par 4's have been driveable ones.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Since HDID kept a record of my club comp scores, I've managed 9 birdies but in the 5yrs or so I've been playing I've never had an eagle, come close once or twice, but never managed it.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have had 2 in competitions and a few in bounce games. I can reach a couple of our par 5s in 2 so do often have a putt for one.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think I've had three. Two hole-out second shots on our two shortest par 4s and once on a par five after getting on in two (it was high Summer and ball was rolling a long way!)

So to answer the question - once in a blue moon.