How much would you pay for a few extra yards off the tee?

timgolfy

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Well done mate, you know it makes sense. I learned a long time ago not to be frivolous with money, but sometimes the pleasure versus pain battle clearly falls on the left side! Looking forward to seeing your reports!
Enjoy! :D

2004Champ

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If it was me I'd be looking at other shafts with a pro somewhere to give you better numbers and then put that into your current driver. Got to be a lot more efficient and cheaper

That would be a good idea but the problem is that the main thing I need change is the loft of the driver itself, (my cirrent shaft is actually pretty good for my swing apparently) and that means I need to get a new head.

My current is 9.5 degrees and the R11 I tested was adjusted down to 8 degrees. Ive been scouting around for an Ping i15 with the same shaft as mine in 8* and I found one on golfbidder the other day but before I knew it, it was gone!

If I can find one of them then Ill probably just sell my current one and if it works out that could be a much cheaper alternative.

I've got an 8 degree i15 but it's got a Project X 6.5 in it, I'm thinking of getting fit for a 910 so depending on the results it might be for sale.

Thanks mate but I would probably want to get it reshafted as the AXIVCORE shaft and that would be fairly costly for a second hander. Cheers though.

Also, its a bit late now anyways as Ive only gone and bought the R11 TP!!! arggggggg :cool:

After the copious amounts of posts about how its way to much for one club (which I absolutely agree with btw) it was this post that helped me decide to get it:

how often do you play?

Try putting your real numbers into this sum;

Say you play twice a week, that's 100 times a year.

If you use the club 7 times a round, that 700 times a year.

Say you keep the club for 3 years, that's 2100 hits.

£450 divided by 2100 is just over 21p per hit.

Is 17 yards worth 21p to you?

Not because of the brilliant maths involved :D but because it got me thinking about how much use and enjoyment I am going to get out of this bad boy. I play once or twice and practice 1-4 times per week so she will be getting plenty of time to show that shes worth the money.

I also kept thinking that 17 yards and a more consistent ball flight is not to be sniffed at and will hopefully take me one (very small) step closer to my golfing goals.

SO after I got a bit of birthday money last week to soften the blow I bit the bullet and gave TM a call. Ive got it now and of course I will let you know how it goes when I take it to the links!!

Good on you mate!

If it makes you feel any better I'm just after handing my pro £620 on Wednesday for driver and 3 wood.

Can't wait to get them now.

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Not because of the brilliant maths involved :D but because it got me thinking about how much use and enjoyment I am going to get out of this bad boy. I play once or twice and practice 1-4 times per week so she will be getting plenty of time to show that shes worth the money.

Well, I do dress up and call myself Carol Vorderman at the weekends, but that's another story.

TBH my mrs gave me the logic when she went out and spent a fortune on a pair of shoes - she got it off Gok Wan.

And you can't get better than that.

Even forgetting the maths, if you get a couple of thousand moments of pleasure stroking one down the middle, it's got to be vfm.

Enjoy

EZprophet

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks guys :)

I'm taking her out to the course for my first ever medal at my new club on Wednesday so will let you know how it goes!