How much time do you spend on social media/internet

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Would have to say too much, we have just introduced a curfew in our house, no phones or tablets after 8pm, let's see how long that lasts lol

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Loads and loads. Too much probably.

Spend very little time watching TV these days so when on the course and am asked about Broadchurch, Luther and Line of Duty etc. etc. I now feel like that kid at school whose parents didn't have a telly.:cry:

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Too much, especially at this time of year - can't wait for the nights to draw out - didn't help that last year SWMBO had kept her UK job and hours, so I was finishing at 4pm her at 7, of course this was great in the Summer but while it's cold and dark at 4pm it's not.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not too bad on the whole but probably a little too much still. This forum is the main one, I'm on a car one as well but that is declining as the mods are reducing what topics can be discussed outside of cars themselves and I no longer have the make the forum revolves around, and if I am posting a lot on here then it means I'm bored at work or there is nothing on the tv, no book on the go etc. I check FB out for about 5 minutes a day but barely more than that. I am not a poster on there.

Talking to other small business owners at meetings, courses etc it seems as though I barely scratch the surface compared to other people who live on their phones but that does not mean that I am unaware om my own time spent on one. Overall, not all consuming but could do better.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
For me it's about 90% this forum!
Occasional internet shopping and some Youtubing.
No Facebook, no Twitter, no Instagram or any other social media.
I'm old school.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
For me it's about 90% this forum!
Occasional internet shopping and some Youtubing.
No Facebook, no Twitter, no Instagram or any other social media.
I'm old school.

This /\ /\
All my "social internet" time is this forum. Ok I use internet to look things up, buy things, and do email - but have no real idea what things like Instagranny, Snaplock or whatever are for? I think i have made just three tweets in my entire life. I think I registered for a Facebook page about 10 years ago, but have put absolutely nothing on it - dont think I 've even opened it since. I used to be pretty keen on new technology but I just dont think these social sites provide anything I need.

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
No Facebook or twitter account and dont even know what the other ones are so hardly going to use them. I do use whatsapp with my missus occasionally though..

I'll have the odd look through YT at poker vids and I guess i'll start using this forum again but thats not gonna take up much time

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
A lot of jobs are got through LinkedIn nowadays, so it's a good idea to have a presence on there. My company also encourages me to have a professional twitter account.