How much for lessons?

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
£275 for 6 months, lesson whenever needed, feedback on practice videos that I send him and WhatsApp discussion whenever required

Sounds more like you've hired him as a proper coach which is a great idea.

Whenever I have booked a block of lessons I've always tried to keep them until something was going wrong. But if I had that set up I would be using it as a coaching session to improve rather than fix

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
£25 per half hour but I usually by the deal (seven for price of six). Not bought any yet as I need to start working on the changes I've already been given. Trying to cut down on my tuition in 2018

How is your pro going to afford his all inclusive family holiday to the Caribbean without your tuiton fees this year?

Break90

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sounds more like you've hired him as a proper coach which is a great idea.

Whenever I have booked a block of lessons I've always tried to keep them until something was going wrong. But if I had that set up I would be using it as a coaching session to improve rather than fix

I suppose that’s what it is tbh. I’m making some real changes to try to eradicate the constant bouts of the unmentionables that have plagued me for years, and to try to get the handicap moving down from 9-10 where I’ve been for the last 2 seasons.

He’s (in my opinion) a really good coach, we get on well, and he explains stuff in a way I can understand and remember. We communicate via WhatsApp between lessons, he sends me summaries of what we’ve done after every lesson, relevant clips from YouTube etc, the feedback on practice sessions and weekly debrief after rounds which is invaluable in terms of planning the next session.

forgot to mention he’s also checked all my clubs for loft/lie etc

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I average one lesson a month.

Pro-rata cost and time wise, mine work out at around £50-£60 per hour, depending on how many I book at a time.

For that though, I do get lots of additional support and advice outside of lesson times. And that additional advice is sometimes golden. I might be stopped at the halfway hut by the 10th tee during a social round, and my teaching pro will make a point of coming to say hi and asking how things are, and give me swing reminders based on how things are going.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Not quite that much but I was quoted £400 for a 2 hour lesson last year :eek:, I politely declined :)

Reading another golf magazine on the back was an advert for a Dave Pelz three day golf school. Thought I'd have a look on the web, only £1400 not including accommodation or food

Chaddy

Medal Winner
Visit site
Our pro is doing a pre-season programme for £150. Unlimited lessons from January through to March, been in once a week. Full GC2 access and on course when practical to do so. Great value.