How much did your wedding cost?

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I used to think my wedding would cost a lot but the older I get the more I think it’ll be quite a cheap affair. I want something very intimate with only a few friends at the ceremony. For the reception, I want something super informal that people feel really chilled attending. I’ve moved around a lot so I want something my friends who don’t know each other from will feel at ease with. We’ve talked about a reception at a couple of different breweries!

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mine was around 12k which equates to approximately 2k per year that we were married. And around 24k per year that we were happily married.

D

Deleted member 1418

Haven't got a clue as my in-laws and my parents paid for pretty much everything!

My wife is an only child and my father-in-law is very traditional and so was very insistent he would cover the costs of everything.

My parents also wanted to contribute as my brother got married in Vegas and had no family or friends there so think they were a bit pee'd off about that - so they laid on a free bar and paid for our honeymoon!

In all my wife and I were very fortunate to have such brilliant parents who wanted to do that for us. It was an incredible day - we watch our wedding DVD every year on our anniversary.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Had a traditional Japanese wedding in Japan, in 1997. 30 guests in total cost us 17K which we split between us. At the time we were both in a different position work wise and fortunate to be able to cover the cost, there's no way could do the same today.

Scozzy

Medal Winner
Visit site
My now wife was a registrar so her pal at work married us in the registry office for a bottle of Red.Booze laid on by company I worked for at the time and her father put on the food and venue so bugger all.The week of parties,booze ups and golf days leading up to the wedding with most of the guests set me back a bit tho😀! Great party I must say

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
About 6k back in 06' including the flights to Australia and staying there for three weeks. Way cheaper than we could have done it for in the Uk and a far better experience compared to many wedding days I've been to

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our way about £16k for about 100 people, for a party until 5am and picked up again Sunday afternoon, unfortunately our Polish wedding has a set the new standard for weddings on my side of the family, at my cousins weddings a couple of weeks ago it was still being talked about!

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Don’t intend on getting married. Not for me. I have negotiated to get her a massive ring only if and when she deserves it.

My friend had a 250k wedding in Barbados. That was paying for all 48 guests including myself and mrs to fly out for 10 days.

Probably won’t go to another wedding as they’re all be mediocre after that.

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Mine cost £25k excluding honeymoon, managed to only have 120 guests which is classed as small for an Indian (my wife) wedding.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
It was the cost of two rings and the registrar. If I recall right it was about £70 in 1992. The only people who attended were me & the missus plus my Ma & Da as witnesses. Don't know if we should count the cost of the breakdown truck that took us the last 20 miles to the registry office? (Had breakdown cover at the time so probably not ...)

Ps: The best £70 I ever spent ...