How much did your wedding cost?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
My first wedding 1966 cost £100 for 100 guests price included the first toast and the band a Trio.:whoo:
My 2nd wedding 2004 cost £600 for 12 guests price included the first toast and a 2 course meal.:eek:
3rd wedding, no chance :rofl:

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our wedding cost me under 1k, for rings and suit hire, wife's folks covered the rest, 180 guests, and all all the other stuff that goes with it! 😱

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Paid for it ourselves. Registry office, photos taken by family member, reception at Farnham Golf Club. First function in the new dining room at the club , so got a cracking deal. Probably came to less than £1000 back in 1986.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Was free with the holiday we booked, it was more expensive getting my divorce documents translated and stamped by the Cuban embassy.
Free room hire for the party when we got home, wife's friend did the catering and I booked my pals band for entertainment.
#howtodoityorkshirestyle

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
When I worked for a bank I attended an Indian customers' daughter's wedding. The reception was held in the biggest dance hall in Newcastle, attended by hundreds. The marriage lasted a year. The bride's cousin had recently sold his house to pay for his sister's wedding. Madness!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Total cost of wedding 11k for us.. including a 4k honeymoon as we hadn't had a holiday for 3 years to save for the house..

80 guests. Buffet and a free bar.. everyone had a laugh and enjoyed the caricaturist

lad I work with spent 12k on the engagement ring lol

oh all my costs included rings.. photos.. her dress, 4 suits for the groomsmen and a kilt for the best man

and the most amazing half batman half normal wedding cake lol

D

Deleted member 15344

Think with everything included it was about 16k - loved every minute of it , best day of my life

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
24 and a half years ago. Cost the price of the marriage licence/registrars fee, and two cheap gold rings, and that was it.

I think the Silver anniversary next year might cost me just a bit more ...

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I haven't got a Scooby how much the first one was... probably under £1k. The second one will have been the cost of the licence + about £30 for a meal afterwards.

Not sure how much a licence will cost in xx years time for the next one.