How many shots would it add to your score if you used...

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
I couldn't put a number on the amount of shots the score would be affected by but I think I'd struggle mainly with the driver and possibly the putter, I've been using my current putter for about 5 years and anything else doesn't quite feel right.
Whenever I've tried a change I tend to miss a lot of the really short stuff, and the putter immediately gets sacked.

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I've got to admit the best I've ever putter was with a Dunlop putter, I have no idea why but I did.

The shafts would be the massive issue and me and my mate hit our old Dunlop driver at the range once and it was shocking. I'd probably rather use the cheap low iron off the tee than the driver.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Knowing the quality of the wood and hybird shafts I would not touch them with a barge pole, cost me more shots than I would gain with my swing speed.

So the longest club I would use would be the longest iron, a 3 or 4 usually. That means probably a couple of shots just there due to laying up.

Throw in the general fact I would not really be as accurate and as long as my current clubs so I would pop in a few more, I doubt the putter would make much of a difference for me at the moment as I am still trying to get better with it.

I would expect maybe 5-7 shots depending on how much distance loss I get.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Once I'd got used to them I don't think it would make much difference at all.

When I started playing again after a long break my driver was a cheap Dunlop titanium, I could outdrive most of my playng partners with it. I only stopped using it when the head cracked, which might say something about build quality.

Between the head crack and getting a new driver I put my old persimmon 1 wood into play and again still managed to frequently outdrive my playing partners, much to their bemusement/annoyance.

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Cant really see it making much difference at all. They are still golf clubs! I had a starter set of Wilsons, great set, the only reason I changed was because I wanted to, not because they werent up to the job.

Hendo007

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think a better test would be to submit 5 medal cards while using the "Dunlops" and then compare a handicap generated from that with your current one to see what the difference would be H/C wise. I'd imagine though that it wouldn't be much different.