How many hybrids do you have in the bag?

bradleywedge

Visit site
Had room for one more club in my bag so just punted for a 19 degree hybrid. My thinking being I have a distance gap between my lowest iron (5) to my 21 degree hybrid. My 5 iron probably goes 170, and my 21 degree hybrid about 185/190. I didn't really have a 200 yard club, as my next club up is my 3 wood which goes 220+.

Does the purchase of this extra hybrid sound feasible?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Ive got a 3H (19d) and 4H (22d) - I will note that I dont carry a wood but have one gap in my bag still!

3H is brilliant off the tee and also great for perfect fairway lies.

4H gets me out of so many sticky situations its untrue! Its sooooo good out of the rough for me!

On trackman last winter I had the following carries -

3H - 193
4h - 186

But the total yardage (including roll out) was a big difference - back to about 20 yards.

What im getting at anyway is that yeah, its worth it if you like a hybrid and it fills a needed gap! They're great clubs and I use them both in very different situations.

Scoobiesnax

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm no expert but I think it would

I have a 5 hybrid (25 deg), a 4 hybrid (21 deg) and a 3 hybrid (19 deg). The gapping is fine for me and I have similar number(s) as you do for the 4/5 equivalent. As my course isn't the longest but it has not a great deal of forgiveness, I use my 3 hybrid as my off the tee club for a lot of the holes!

Edit: Bdill beat me to it!!

bradleywedge

Visit site
Yes Bdill93 mine are also 3H and 4H, just thought if I am stood on a 200 yard par 3 tee box, I know I would not get there with my 4H, and my 3 wood would be too much, hence my thinking.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
3 hybrid, 5/7 wood or utility iron could all fill that gap. I've got a 3 hybrid and 5 wood in the bag atm. Both great clubs off the tee and deck.

Best bet would be to try and hit a few of the options.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I use driver, 5 wood, 3 crossover……5-pw, 52,56 wedge so have 2 gaps /spaces.. one to pop a 60 in if required (but not necessary) . I am just working out the crossover. It is long off the tee and a good fairway lie. I have a 4hybrid so might drop that in just in case I get a long shot with a rubbish lie. But you could say if the lie is that rubbish why not use a 7 or 8 iron .. I think you just have to have a bit of pragmatism and self honesty when it comes to shot selection. So when would you use this club and which holes is it likely required?

D

Deleted member 3432

Given the threads about putter grips, I’d like to suggest banning hybrids

Or limit to a maximum of 1 in the bag.

Go too high with too much spin and go too far left for me. Links golfer so 2 iron all day long for me.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have 3 hybrids 4/5/6 - 22*/26*/30* adjusted to 23*/27*/31* to give a better gap from my 7-wood to the 4 hybrid.

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve a 20 degree and 23 degree hybrid. I’m not consistent enough to need both really - they are interchangeable. They bridge the gap between 3 Wood and 5 iron.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I don't have a hybrid in the bag atm, but I'm toying with a hybrid or a 7 wood versus a four wedge setup PW/GW/SW/LB. Though before I do anything I'm booking another gap test and see what needs what.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Currently none. Sometimes 1.

Top end of my bag os driver. 5 wood set at 16* then 4 iron at 20*.

I have a 2, 3 hybrids. One usually set to 17.5* that I tend to hit low and can turn it over and for a low runner. But its not great out of semi rough. My other is 19* and is the original TM rescue mid with an X flex aldila NV shaft. Unfortunately its a bit much for me these days, but I keep it in the hope that one day I'll be able to use it. It would be an absolute monster round my current course.

The top end of my bag could probably do with looking at.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Currently 3
19°, 23° and 26°
Can hit them all high, medium and low...draw and fade and even straight on occasions
Can also take a bit off the 26 to cover a 5 iron distance.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
One hybrid, 20 degrees, in between a 10.5 degree driver, 17 degree 4 wood and a 23 degree 4 utility iron.

Not a massive hybrid fan, I find many of them are too left-leaning, and not in a political sense.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
1 at the minute. Think it's the 27 degree. Could be the 24. Not quite sure tbh.

Have had a bag full of them at one time. Great bats and best used if you play a fade.

2019 I had my hybrids on a string. What a year that was.