How long should take clubs to publish open competition results, also where ?.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
The last tee time in our seniors open today was 15.14, the results were published @20.00 :whoo: on the Bellshill golf club Wiki page.

This page was available online to ANYONE, why don't all club use this facility :confused:

Sadly i didn't have to check my results :(

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Our results are normally published to HDID around 7pm on the day of the comp. The last guys go out around 2.30 so would assume this is when the comp is closed. The results (and prizes) are normally published on our website on Monday/Tuesday after the Saturday. Normally pretty quick at doing this, but there are some weeks when they just don't put it on the website which is very frustrating.

I have also played open comps away where they don't publish anything on their website to the public. Really really frustrating

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The trouble with publishing on HDID is that you either have to be given a password to use the site or your own club is a member of the site.

Our Opens get the results at the end of the day and we have a computer system which links to the lounge TV so you can watch the results as they are entered on to the computer during the course of the day.

I do not know exactly how long after (certainly the same week) the results are published on our own website.

Hosel Fade

Tour Rookie
Visit site
By lunchtime the day after, anything slower is amateurish. They should be on the clubs website under a tab where they should have all their open competitions with associated entry forms, start sheets etc.

All of that is far too sensible and convenient for many clubs though.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
On HDID later that night usually. On the website the day after sometimes the same night. Depends if they guy that updates the website is playing or not. Within a day is reasonable I'd say, anything longer than that and its too long for me.

D

Deleted member 15344

They are published whenever I get time to close the Comp off - normally it's the next day but at times it can be two days because sometimes real life priorities get in the way. People don't "need" to know the results as quick a possible and sometimes people need to realise that at times the people doing the work are volunteering.

Because we use IG though you can see unofficial results live and anytime the comp is closed it's automatically on the website

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
all our silver trophy's this year have been posted by 5 or 6pm the same day and even had the handicap cuts done as well. for the regular medals, results same day but handicaps by the monday after.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
As quick as is reasonably possible, bearing in mind the infrastructure of the club. If it isn't quick enough for some people they could always offer to do an hour's work after the comp. You don't have to be on a committee and attend meetings to be able to help out.

And to be honest, its a good way to find out if you're up for committee work without having to commit to a year or two first.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
As quick as is reasonably possible, bearing in mind the infrastructure of the club. If it isn't quick enough for some people they could always offer to do an hour's work after the comp. You don't have to be on a committee and attend meetings to be able to help out.

And to be honest, its a good way to find out if you're up for committee work without having to commit to a year or two first.

It's not so much the time factor, a day or so after a open is fine, it's finding where they're published .

Some club sites can only be viewed if your home club uses that particular system.
That's why i mentioned Wikipedia as it seems available to everyone and anyone.
BTW there's a few clubs that don't publish online.

HDID Kenny

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Not nearly quick enough at ours, for example played comp Sunday results published yesterday very sloppy, normally they are 1 or 2 days after comp (still not great) to make matters worse CSS went up 1.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
I like the wiki idea, my last club was awesome comp closes at say 5pm results up by 7 latest 👏 they had master scoreboard live leaderboard running on all comps.

New club being on intelligent golf has live leaderboard so you get a good idea through the day where you lie also and results up pretty fast.

My issue is away day medals or comps takes forever and sometimes never! 😱 why you can't get access to results on certain sites is beyond me hdid don't let you see any unless your a member.

Is it top secret ?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I like the wiki idea, my last club was awesome comp closes at say 5pm results up by 7 latest 👏 they had master scoreboard live leaderboard running on all comps.

New club being on intelligent golf has live leaderboard so you get a good idea through the day where you lie also and results up pretty fast.

My issue is away day medals or comps takes forever and sometimes never! 😱 why you can't get access to results on certain sites is beyond me hdid don't let you see any unless your a member.

Is it top secret ?

That's what i was trying to say , thank you :thup:

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you go to club directory on HDID and search for the course you played then select competition results if they have posted them you can see them. You can even check individual cards.

I already do that Kenny, but some clubs use systems like Master score board or Intelligent golf, that i can't access.
Some clubs just don't publish results of senior 4bbb open comps, not even on their own web site.:(